Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 11:18 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If it will insure a Republican is elected in 2016, then more power to him.
I think what the last six years has shown is if a Republican president is ever elected, Democrats will hate he/her from day one, just like Republicans have done with President Obama. There will be ugly comments about he/her and their spouse constantly. They will ask for a fresh start, they will ask the country to move beyond the past ugliness, but it won't happen. And I think over the course of this back and forth, the country will divide irretrievably.

Newt started it, then the 2000 election where Republicans went to Bush's brother to stop a vote count and the laundry list on both sides just gets longer. Republicans love to see pictures of President Obama depicted as an African native with a bone in his nose, monkey, chicken and watermelon references, Muslim, etc. It's a back and forth thing between two sides that I honestly see only getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 11:48 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,225,468 times
During the early primaries of the 2008 race I openly labeled Obama as the second coming of Vladimir Lenin, and said that if he was elected president it would mean the end of the American Republic as we knew it. Six and a a half years later my dire prediction seems to have come true. Obama has read and studied Marx, Engels, Lenin, Trotsky, Hitler, Mao, and Alinsky. His goal since his early childhood has been to tear down American society and values, and rebuild it in the image of his warped fantasy of a Marxist utopia.

With the elections now over, and as a lame duck, Obama will run wild. As the OP remarked, his openly defiant petulant attitude has given us warning. Hopefully, the GOP Congress can check him somewhat until he leaves office. For example, if he grants amnesty to millions of illegals, as he has said he will do, there will be a mutiny by the Republicans, with some Democrats joining in. It may take decades, or perhaps never, to reverse and repair the damage he has done.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:53 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
During the early primaries of the 2008 race I openly labeled Obama as the second coming of Vladimir Lenin, and said that if he was elected president it would mean the end of the American Republic as we knew it. Six and a a half years later my dire prediction seems to have come true. Obama has read and studied Marx, Engels, Lenin, Trotsky, Hitler, Mao, and Alinsky. His goal since his early childhood has been to tear down American society and values, and rebuild it in the image of his warped fantasy of a Marxist utopia.

With the elections now over, and as a lame duck, Obama will run wild. As the OP remarked, his openly defiant petulant attitude has given us warning. Hopefully, the GOP Congress can check him somewhat until he leaves office. For example, if he grants amnesty to millions of illegals, as he has said he will do, there will be a mutiny by the Republicans, with some Democrats joining in. It may take decades, or perhaps never, to reverse and repair the damage he has done.

LOL, you really think that we are now a communist/Marxist nation? What Kool-Aid have you been drinking?

Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:

I'd agree but; the damage WILL be fixed and rather quickly IMHO. Too; Bush 43 was no better IMHO than this "POTUS".

Old 11-08-2014, 12:55 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LOL, you really think that we are now a communist/Marxist nation? What Kool-Aid have you been drinking?
What do you think the Communists of 1979 were like?

What did Marx promote?

And how are modern liberals different?

Old 11-08-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'd agree but; the damage WILL be fixed and rather quickly IMHO.
No, too many have the idea that welfare, nearly endless unemployment benefits, food stamps, unrealisticly high minumum wages, free or low cost education, etc., is somehow their "Right", and that government is responsible for providing for their "Needs." Getting these drones to assume responsibility for their lives will not be an easy task.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
No, too many have the idea that welfare, nearly endless unemployment benefits, food stamps, unrealisticly high minumum wages, free or low cost education, etc., is somehow their "Right", and that government is responsible for providing for their "Needs." Getting these drones to assume responsibility for their lives will not be an easy task.
Uh; I'd agree but, IF we had far less illegal aliens in the US, there'd be less "needs" for the bennies like you said. Tho once a person is much above 50 to 55, it's bad trying to find work because employers want young people.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:52 PM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Before you post and make yourself look silly read:

The Communist Manifesto: Summary, Analysis & Quiz | Education Portal

He / we are on the path or already there on many of the concepts. Low intelligence voters scare the living chit out of me.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:10 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,852,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Obama has two years left to cement his legacy was the worst president ever in U.S. history.
Don't worry it won't take that long.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Obama has two years left to cement his legacy was the worst president ever in U.S. history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Don't worry it won't take that long.
If he were to resign tommorrow, go back to Chicago, and never again be active in politics, his place in history would be written in stone as the worst ever Chief Executive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies