Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 03:31 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Oh yeah....where are the death panels again?
They work for the insurance companies, silly, just like they are supposed to in a "free market". Its much better to be denied lifesaving care by a nameless corporate squid, instead of by an accountable government.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:05 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Congressional members of the Republican Party all need to get on the same boat, agree on common ideas that makes the nation better, and counter failed ideas from the current presidential administration and lame duck congress.

The Republican Party has the opportunity to regain trust and to do right again. If it falters like the Democratic Party, then support grows for creating a new political party of sound principles.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:35 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I predict Harry Reid and Nancy Pulosi go on tour as a singing duet and nobody shows up or cares.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:48 PM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
was there some bills from earlier in the year that couldnt get through the senate?

maybe they try those again..but wont they just get vetoed
We have a winner!

For the liberal media and (D) koolaid drinkers, they want to blame Congress but only the House, not the Senate. In reality the (D) controlled Senate has been the obstructionist by refusing to move bills along or even take a vote on them. Harry Reid supposedly did this (over 300 hundred bills) not only to protect Obama from having to face some difficult choices that could make him look bad, but he also thought it would help to protect some of his fellow (D) senators.
Needless to say it has backfired big time.

So now the Senate will start working again like it is suppose to, by bringing bills to the floor for a vote, then sending them to Obama to sign or veto. Either way, that is whats called moving the ball, rather than playing politics by preventing bills from ever seeing the light of day.

`

Old 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Obamacare is fantastic. How stupid are people? If they have a job with good insurance they keep it. If you're not on welfare and have a job that doesn't provide you benefits or homeless or unemployed you're covered. Especially low income not on welfare due to medicaid expansion. Every other 1st world country in the world provides this basic level of health care to it's citizens. 50 million americans had no health insurance before. That's a disgusting travesty. You don't buy police insurance and are not able to call 911 in an emergency without insurance! It's a basic safety net. You give conficted felons healthcare, but not the homeless or low income? Thanks to aca that is no longer the case. Oh yeah....where are the death panels again?
There are so many things wrong in your post I don't even know where to begin. Then again it is off topic, so I will just avoid it all together.

As to trying to eliminate Obamacare (a true abortion in American politics), that would be a losing strategy because Obama will never sign it, and there are not enough votes in the Senate to override his veto. The same is true of Impeachment, unless of course Obama tries to shred the Constitution by providing amnesty to the illegal aliens.
Then even some of the moderate (D's) might vote to impeach him.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:13 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
There are so many things wrong in your post I don't even know where to begin. Then again it is off topic, so I will just avoid it all together.

As to trying to eliminate Obamacare (a true abortion in American politics), that would be a losing strategy because Obama will never sign it, and there are not enough votes in the Senate to override his veto. The same is true of Impeachment, unless of course Obama tries to shred the Constitution by providing amnesty to the illegal aliens.
Then even some of the moderate (D's) might vote to impeach him.
Just look at all the poor people that never had health insurance now covered. Period. 50 million Americans with no health insurance. These stupid red states are screwing their own poor people by denying medicaid extension. Every other 1st world country provides health insurance for the poor. Then you've got rid of pre-existing conditions nonsense. You've allowed people to buy into an exchange at rates they could never get before. The biggest thing is the "fake" insurance policies where people thought they had health insurance, but it was complete garbage. That's the ones that were cancelled. Because they weren't worth the ink they were written on.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:07 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,059 times
Quote:
The biggest thing is the "fake" insurance policies where people thought they had health insurance, but it was complete garbage. That's the ones that were cancelled. Because they weren't worth the ink they were written on.
No, I had one of those policies years ago. It wasn't fake, it was high deductible insurance for a catastrophic event, nothing more. It was what I could afford in college. Mine was through Blue Cross, nothing fly by night about them.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:28 PM

621 posts, read 982,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You should indeed avoid it because you would be completely wrong in taking a different tack. Too many people are denied healthcare and until you have experienced it and the resulting bankruptcy you would likely be insensitive to the needs of those gaining coverage under ACA.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:10 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,397,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosopis View Post
No, I had one of those policies years ago. It wasn't fake, it was high deductible insurance for a catastrophic event, nothing more. It was what I could afford in college. Mine was through Blue Cross, nothing fly by night about them.
Insurance is a racket. Ask anyone who works in it or deals with them on a regular basis(ie doctors/hospitals fighting them to get payment)

Yeah and that type of insurance is a joke. It's not real medical insurance. I would not consider that full " health benefits" if I was an employee and offered that.

And if you read the fine print on many of those type of insurance polices, they'd drop you real quick after the first inital event.(ie you had a heart attack, they'd cover part of the icu stay(there's also a limit on that and you probably would go over and end up potentially owing hundreds of thousands. Government would have to cover the cost if you didn't have a dime to your name. Depends on the limit in the policy), but then later they would not pay for the angioplasty you need months later or the ekg's or the other procedures you'd need. They'd drop you and with the pre-existing condition you couldn't' get the insurance you'd need.). And of course the ekg your insurance wouldn't cover could have prevented the million dollar icu stay. What if you had gotten cancer?(god forbid), your catastrophic insurance would drop you in a heart beat in many of those type of policies. Nevermind the co--pays that would eat you alive after the initial event. There's so much fine print in many of these policies it's like a don king contract.

Under the ACA, you'd be completely covered by your parent's policy while in college(assuming under 26). Just another example of the aca at work. It's a no brainer.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:58 AM

1,152 posts, read 1,278,059 times
Quote:
Insurance is a racket. Ask anyone who works in it or deals with them on a regular basis(ie doctors/hospitals fighting them to get payment)

Yeah and that type of insurance is a joke. It's not real medical insurance. I would not consider that full " health benefits" if I was an employee and offered that.

And if you read the fine print on many of those type of insurance polices, they'd drop you real quick after the first inital event.(ie you had a heart attack, they'd cover part of the icu stay(there's also a limit on that and you probably would go over and end up potentially owing hundreds of thousands. Government would have to cover the cost if you didn't have a dime to your name. Depends on the limit in the policy), but then later they would not pay for the angioplasty you need months later or the ekg's or the other procedures you'd need. They'd drop you and with the pre-existing condition you couldn't' get the insurance you'd need.). And of course the ekg your insurance wouldn't cover could have prevented the million dollar icu stay. What if you had gotten cancer?(god forbid), your catastrophic insurance would drop you in a heart beat in many of those type of policies. Nevermind the co--pays that would eat you alive after the initial event. There's so much fine print in many of these policies it's like a don king contract.

Under the ACA, you'd be completely covered by your parent's policy while in college(assuming under 26). Just another example of the aca at work. It's a no brainer.
Sure it's a racket, all insurance is. That's why the ACA costs taxpayers so much, because it gets really expensive when you want to de-racket insurance.

However, there is a place for high deductible policies. The one I had was in case I got run over by a bus or something. I didn't need it for anything else, and it cost $150 per quarter (early 1990's). It wasn't intended for routine checkups - I could pay for those, either at the student health center or paying cash to a doctor. Worst case it was $100 or so.

This is really not the place to be debating this subject - there are lots of people in the politics forum who would just love to discuss this with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies