Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 08:19 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,893,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The division is already there. You can see that by just reading through this thread. Truth is, you're not going to be able to influence a conservative into taking a stance based on integrity. Not when they can use race as a basis for forming opinions...
Which is what the sleazy liberals did in order to elect Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 08:20 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There is no need for hate. Honestly the best way to confront ignorance is with violence...
LMAO first no need for hate then the call for violence. Your posts are pathetic jokes.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,001,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO first no need for hate then the call for violence. Your posts are pathetic jokes.

That is the way I see it. Not to mention that it is childish, and only feeds into the stereotypes.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:34 AM

52,692 posts, read 34,607,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Kid isn't an insult.

The rest? They are insults and unfortunately, there are people like the white men in the story, who feel entitled to call people these disgusting names based on what they look like or who they are (fat or gay).

So what is your point in bringing this up?

As usual, people who don't want to believe racism and white privilege exist sputter violently, "B-b-b-but, people are called these names tooooooo."

Listen, its all wrong and if this story was about an affluent overweight person being harassed in the same manner as the boy in the story, I would be just as angry as I am now.

But its not about gay people or overweight people in this thread. Its about minorities. Now that it has been acknowledged that people can be jerks to others due to differences, can we please stay on topic here? The deflection that happens in these threads is ridiculous already.
what 'white men' in the story

Old 11-12-2014, 08:37 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,830,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He doesn't say the color of the guys in the car.
Using the N word, the odds are high that they are Black.
Blacks use the N word way more than whites.

So if a Black drives by and yells the N word is that discrimination ?
Maybe if the black kid is actually "white."

Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,077 times
He did his children no favors by sheltering them too much from the realities of life. If that kid is so horrified and living in constant fear after being called the n-word just once in his life, he's not going to make it through the rest of his life without being a basket case.

Rule number one: Life is unfair. There will always unpleasant people in this world that you must learn to deal with.

For the record, I still hear far too many black people casually using the n-word. So until blacks wash their own mouths out with soap they need to stop pretending to be so offended when the occasional white douchebag says it.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm and independent but I think the whole story is fiction.....
interesting.

the "n####r" drive by is damn near a right of passage for the average Black person...

fortunately most of us were raised outside of a bubble and laughed it off because driving by and screaming racial epitaphs is a sign of weakness.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:46 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,663,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obviously the father didn't prepare his son for being called the n word. We can't protect our kids of all what goes on in the world.. it is a bad place with bad people as well as the good.
I agree...

Old 11-12-2014, 08:48 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,140,421 times
Quote:
Lol^^ This guy... What's pathetic is your "types" view that black people say this word so I should be able to say it... Pathetic is living in a bubble and believing someone's ignorance shouldn't have consequences. It might be easy to spew your hatred online but in the real would a racial slur would most likely get a racist into a confrontation that might not end well for them... To each his own I guess...

Old 11-12-2014, 08:49 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,140,421 times
Quote:
Which is what the sleazy liberals did in order to elect Obama.
Liberals voted for Obama because he was a welcome change from Bush...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies