Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 01:21 PM

88 posts, read 80,596 times

Advertisements

According to the federal government, my income is below the poverty level and I live pretty darn well. Let's bring some kids over from India, or Viet Nam or China and let them live in "poverty conditions" and see what they have to day about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 01:40 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Housing might be affordable if median wages weren't going down, while average wages go up. The government could address this in a variety of ways. Increased section 8 funding, increased minimum wages, or even tax code changes.
Median wages are going down in large part because of the saturation of millions of illegals taking those jobs and lowering wages. The government could address this by kicking them all out and stopping the magnets that keep bringing them here -- birth right citizenship, businesses that hire illegals, and all the freebies they get.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:45 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Median wages are going down in large part because of the saturation of millions of illegals taking those jobs and lowering wages. The government could address this by kicking them all out and stopping the magnets that keep bringing them here -- birth right citizenship, businesses that hire illegals, and all the freebies they get.
Shrug, hey if you want to deport all of them I am right there with ya. But we've always had illegals, they're not something new. So I don't buy your argument.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:00 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Shrug, hey if you want to deport all of them I am right there with ya. But we've always had illegals, they're not something new. So I don't buy your argument.

Not at this level we haven't .
And before they were just working in agriculture, not taking Americans jobs and lowering wages.
And before we weren't massively supporting them with handouts, nor were our prisons full of them.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
[/b]
Not at this level we haven't .
And before they were just working in agriculture, not taking Americans jobs and lowering wages.
And before we weren't massively supporting them with handouts, nor were our prisons full of them.
Sigh. we're actually below the peak level of illegal immigration. Why don't you actually look at real facts, and not what you want to believe?

Or do you mean h-1Bs? those take the really good job, and are perfectly legal. If you want those lowered im right with ya!

Handouts? Actually we're no different then before near as I can tell, some additional ones, some that are gone. I'd call it a wash.

Our prisons are full of them? Really? hmmm again...not quite. about 25% are non-citizens. So 25% are illegals right? Wellllll...no. not quite. that 25% just means they aren't citizens, they can be foreigner, people on visa's, green card holders, etc. IE legals. But its not broken down into category's so its hard to say. but less then 25% is not "full of them"

Ahh facts, aren't they pesky.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:43 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
We've never had millions and millions of them here like we do today. Who do you think you are kidding? Today we have millions of unemployed Americans also and our taxes constantly rising to pay for the social costs of these illegal aliens and our crowded schools, jails and hospitals. No, we've never had anything like this before. We've never had this huge of a number of Spanish, non-English speaking students in our schools before either. I sure don't remember everything being provided in Spanish decades ago like it is today.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Sigh. we're actually below the peak level of illegal immigration. Why don't you actually look at real facts, and not what you want to believe?

Or do you mean h-1Bs? those take the really good job, and are perfectly legal. If you want those lowered im right with ya!

Handouts? Actually we're no different then before near as I can tell, some additional ones, some that are gone. I'd call it a wash.

Our prisons are full of them? Really? hmmm again...not quite. about 25% are non-citizens. So 25% are illegals right? Wellllll...no. not quite. that 25% just means they aren't citizens, they can be foreigner, people on visa's, green card holders, etc. IE legals. But its not broken down into category's so its hard to say. but less then 25% is not "full of them"

Ahh facts, aren't they pesky.
Yes, only if you had some.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, only if you had some.
Oh look, a sarcastic comment that doesn't refute the facts I provided. 1. immigration is down from its peak 2. our prison system is composed of less then 25% illegals Apparently you can't refute those facts, so instead you try and distract?

Old 11-18-2014, 06:28 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,477,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YonqueD View Post
According to the federal government, my income is below the poverty level and I live pretty darn well. Let's bring some kids over from India, or Viet Nam or China and let them live in "poverty conditions" and see what they have to day about it.

If you're really at poverty level, you probably have some cost advantage most Americans don't have.

You do enjoy a lower cost of living in the Midwest, but you also probably are also saving a lot of money in some expense category.

Are you living free of a rent or mortgage payment? Perhaps you're paying only token rent for housing? Maybe you're eating for free?

Do you own and drive a car? Are yuu paying for car insurance? Paying for health insurance?

Old 11-18-2014, 06:30 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
This is what happens when America is the only western nation without national healthcare. So sad but true. Sure, we have some socialized benefits program but not enough. Lack of affordable housing is another major issue for both the elderly and many low-income families.
No, this is what happens when America has record high illegitimacy rate, illiterate parents who aren't worth hiring and a president who wants amnesty for millions of illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies