Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Only factual because Harry the idiot Reid would not put any bills in front of the Senate for votes. Get your facts straight before parroting the progressives.
Harry Reid blocked a house bill, the GOP blocked a Senate bill.

Does that not balance out? The President isn't over either of those branches.

The House bill was passed with only Republican support. The Senate bill had bi-partisan support.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:35 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Harry Reid blocked a house bill, the GOP blocked a Senate bill.

Does that not balance out? The President isn't over either of those branches.

The House bill was passed with only Republican support. The Senate bill had bi-partisan support.
Ok, Harry blocked over 300 bills. Like I said before, know what you post about because it shows us all that Gruber was right.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Ok, Harry blocked over 300 bills. Like I said before, know what you post about because it shows us all that Gruber was right.
We aren't talking about 300 bills, we are talking immigration here. The house blocked a lot of bills from the Senate also.

I don't vote for Harry Reid, he is in Nevada

Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama is supposed to be speaking tonight. Let's bet,how many minutes into his speech will it take before Obama starts vehemently attacking Republicans. I say a generous 2 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Has the President not pushed, asked, even begged for immigration reform?

Boehner: Immigration reform stalls because GOP has

The Speaker and the President came to a deal on immigration. The Speaker took it to the house, but his TEA party members shot it down. So the Senate passed a bill, supported with Republicans in the Senate, and sent it to the house, which has sat on the Speakers desk without any action.

I'd say the President has at least tried.
In case you didn't notice, This thread is about "how many minutes into his speech will it take before Obama starts vehemently attacking Republicans."

Maybe it is about time Americans hold politicians accountable for results

I don't think you've been fair at all. Who cares he has "tried"?!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:49 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
I'm betting he says amnesty/work permits for illegals will be 'better for the economy' or something along those lines a few times and in different ways. Like a subliminal message.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In case you didn't notice, This thread is about "how many minutes into his speech will it take before Obama starts vehemently attacking Republicans."

Maybe it is about time Americans hold politicians accountable for results

I don't think you've been fair at all. Who cares he has "tried"?!
And my question is, what is his definition of "vehemently attacking"?

Is it "Congress hasn't acted so I will" if so, thats factual, not an attack. If he says "The GOP is grandstanding and doing nothing" then thats a vehement attack. But I wanted to know what the OP's definition was.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:01 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
I hope someone keeps count. I'll be on Netflix.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I'm betting he says amnesty/work permits for illegals will be 'better for the economy' or something along those lines a few times and in different ways. Like a subliminal message.
Yes, All these so called economists that say illegals are better for the economy are PERHAPS paid and owned by the cheap labor lobby.

Illegals are good for economy, says the economists. What a b.s!!!!!!!

How on earth can they pay social security taxes when they don't have a valid number or a fake number? How does Flooding the nation with illegal immigrants at a time of severe chronic unemployment make any sense at all?

Illegal immigration population is fast creating all the rapid population growth in the country, overcrowding the US and depleting scarce resources, degrading the quality of life for us. We will become the third world country that the third world people are trying to escape to.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
If you want to get wasted play a drinking game about how many times he says "I".

Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If you want to get wasted play a drinking game about how many times he says "I".
Yep. I, I, I, and Me, Me, Me always are featured quite prominently in any of President Obama's speeches. It is amazing the size of that man's ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies