Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Aprove of Obama ?
Yes 67 29.91%
NO 148 66.07%
Nither. 9 4.02%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:10 PM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
He affordable care act is the best thing a President has done in decades. Health care is a basic human right. Now we are live every other first world nation.
HC is not a basic human right. Go easy on that bong tonight now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 09:20 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Obama (and all the "Chicago machine" within his camp) live by one simple rule; The end always justifies the means.

Need we say more?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,676,018 times
I voted no, but I don't think the alternative would have been any better.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times
I'm not crazy about him but I don't hate him either. I don't think he's evil incarnate or anything but I prefer him to Bush who was simply being told what to do by Cheney (whom I do consider to be pretty evil).

Old 11-20-2014, 09:29 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
HC is not a basic human right. Go easy on that bong tonight now.
Ok, so if a homeless person or a person with two part time jobs or a person who has a job with no benefits comes into a hospital needing a procedure...then what's your solution?

Throw them out in the street to die?

If HC is not a basic human right and they don't have insurance and clearly can't pay....then??????? Using your logic, they should be denied care and sent home to die. Nice. Not a country I'd like to live in. Would want no part of that.

I'm really saddened that people have a disgusting viewpoint like that. Uncaring people unfortunately are among us.

What about people in jail who get sick? Euthanize them?

Why do we want to give employers so much power over us and our healthcare. It's crazy. Losing a job shouldn't meaning losing healthcare....just the way losing a job doesn't mean you can't call 911 if you're being attacked or your house is on fire.

Just to put it in perspective....we pay more for in taxes for MEDICARE ALONE then Canada pays for it's ENTIRE HEALTHCARE system. They have no insurance companies. Every citizen gets a health card and are 100 percent covered. Socialized medicine. If we put the amount of money we put into insurance into a national health care system like France but to the right of canada(far to the left of obamacare) then we'd have better health care than france, which currently has the best healthcare in the world for all it's citizens.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:29 PM

645 posts, read 707,297 times
I see a lot of late night talk shows bashing on Obama, like he can't wait to leave office he have been doing such a bad job. EXACTLY what have he been doing that everyone hates him so much? I watch news but don't know a whole lot about this Obama thing.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVguy View Post
I see a lot of late night talk shows bashing on Obama, like he can't wait to leave office he have been doing such a bad job. EXACTLY what have he been doing that everyone hates him so much? I watch news but don't know a whole lot about this Obama thing.
They're being brainwashed by fox news so they can get ratings. If you looked at the actual facts rather than this nonsense about how bad obamacare is(total absolute lies from fox news) than there's really nothing to fear about Obama. They can't even articulate why they hate him. They say EMOTIONAL things like he's "not a leader" "he apologizes for the west" "he supports islamic crazies"(meanwhile he killed bin laden and has killed countless terrorists with drone strikes). Hell they even went after him for KILLING bin laden saying he should have been captured alive. Fox news has lost credibility because all they do 24/7 is obama bashing. They blame him for impossible situations like IRAQ and ISIS. It's a complete joke.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
They're being brainwashed by fox news so they can get ratings. If you looked at the actual facts rather than this nonsense about how bad obamacare is(total absolute lies from fox news) than there's really nothing to fear about Obama. They can't even articulate why they hate him. They say EMOTIONAL things like he's "not a leader" "he apologizes for the west" "he supports islamic crazies"(meanwhile he killed bin laden and has killed countless terrorists with drone strikes). Hell they even when after him for KILLING bin laden saying he should have been captured alive. Fox news has lost credibility because all they do 24/7 is obama bashing. They blame him for impossible situations like IRAQ and ISIS. It's a complete joke
We bash 0bama because he ignores the Constitution. If you watch the news every night and fail to understand, you are the poster child for the phrase "you can't fix stupid".

Old 11-20-2014, 09:45 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
The worst President was Bush the Younger. He was like a puppet, brainlesss, not a clue.

I don't agree 100% with President Obama but he's a whole lot better than Bush ever was. Besides how can he get anything done when the Republicans agreed beforehand to vote against everything he wanted. The Republicans have divided this country in two and I don't know if we can ever get it back.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,575 times
Quote:
He affordable care act is the best thing a President has done in decades. Health care is a basic human right. Now we are live every other first world nation.
Yeah, right. You smoke three packs a day for thirty years and drink a six pack every night. At age 50, you expect me to pay for your heart and lung transplant? Yeah, right.

If you want HC, pay your bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies