Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 AM

73,021 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's the sort of behavior that will get you labeled a 'coward' by eric holder.
This discussion has nothing to do with Eric Holder.

I don't even know what Holder is up to. I'm concerned about trying to live MY life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 10:08 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
"White Police Officers Won't Be There If You Weren't Killing Each Other 70% Of The Time"

To be quite honest, Dyson is not the one killing other Black people. When someone tells me "if you wouldn't do this or that", I take it personal. I'm not the one perpetuating crimes and doing stupid stuff. Guliani could have said "police officers wouldn't have to work as hard if those thugs didn't murder each other".

When I say something, I assign blame to the actual persons responsible, the thugs who are committing crimes. There is no "you people" with me. It is "those specific thugs" who are responsible.
Really?

That's your response?

It's really cute how lefties color all groups with a single brush stroke except for the groups that they support (which are generally the trash).

Old 11-24-2014, 10:10 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
No one denied it was. And it is mostly the poor Black areas where this takes place. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the kind of arrogance for which Giuliani was discussing it. He was discussing it as if he was unable to distinguish regular Black people from hood rats. How hard is that to understand? Or does no one really care?

And from what I've read and heard about certain parts of Appalachia, that isn't a place I would feel comfortable going to. Meth, oxycontin. Even Bill O'Reilly had some bad things to say about that place.
What are the murder rates in Appalachia? Isn't that what this is about?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Really?

That's your response?

It's really cute how lefties color all groups with a single brush stroke except for the groups that they support (which are generally the trash).
1) When did I color all groups with the single brush?

2) You are doing the very same thing you claim to condemn when you make comments about "lefties". You assume I am a "lefty" because I disagree with the way Giuliani made his statement. And judging by the history of your posts, I wouldn't discuss "coloring all groups with a single brush" because you have done that. That statement of yours shows hypocrisy.

3) You have only shown you disagree with me. You haven't pointed out where I was wrong. If you can't do that, then this is my judgement on that: It is an inability to disagree in a civilized manner. It is an inability to think logically.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Well, act like a white supremacist, people will call you out on it. Oh that Giuliani, you're "no altar boy".

Old 11-24-2014, 10:54 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The rate that African Americans kill each other is no greater than whites killing each other( rate,not pure numbers).
The most ridiculous and backwards thing I've read. A flat out lie.

500 blacks in Chicago alone were murdered last year. Please find a city anywhere in the Western Hemisphere where this is occurring even remotely close to that level.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:00 AM

680 posts, read 1,034,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Fireworks: Giuliani vs. Michael Eric Dyson: "White Police Officers Won't Be There If You Weren't Killing Each Other 70% Of The Time" | Video | RealClearPolitics

What Giuliani said is more or less correct. Of course I would never sell Michael Eric Dyson short on playing is (perpetual) race card.
Name calling? Really?

Is this the only defense this guy has against a logical point? Giuliani is not a white supremacist for pointing out the reality behind widely known crime stats.

This is absurd. What happens in black communities impacts us all, but facts can't be discussed by whites without them being called bigots, racists, or one of many other names.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:21 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Even I barely pay attention to Michael Eric Dyson. At the end of the day, I'm concerned for me.

In my opinion, saying "you" in that context is still insulting. I assign blame to the actual individuals responsible. No reason the entire Black population should be held responsible for thugs. Those thugs don't listen to anyone, not even Black people.
Fair but here's the problem. Black activists use one off cases as a basis to condemn a whole group of people as well, cops. So people like Giuliani and frankly myself say not so fast. If Black people committed less crime there would be fewer incidents like this one.

If Mike Brown went to the stores and paid for cigarillos he'd be alive. If he followed a lawful command from an officer he'd be alive.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What are the murder rates in Appalachia? Isn't that what this is about?
Well, I have some data for Kentucky. In terms of murder, the highest murder rates are in the eastern part of the state. http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/cik_2009.pdf

Old 11-24-2014, 11:42 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:
Actually, what Giuliani said set a tone of arrogance. Why did he have to say "White police officers"? .
The same reason Wilson is always described as a white policeman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies