Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 06:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

I looked up their mission statement, and i have no issue with what they do. I understand that it's a charity. Fine and good.

But WHY is this necessary? This organization was made to serve veterans (disabled) of actions post 9.11, and if i remember right, the American people in majority numbers were quite gung-ho about going to these wars and actions. Some still want to go back over there and fight ISIS and one poll i saw showed that a majority of Americans would support it.

So since we were so gung ho to go to war, why aren't we paying for these soldiers needs with our tax money? Why is a charity obviously needed to fill the gaps that we as tax payers aren't filling ourselves? I don't give a damn if our taxes have to go up...if that's what's needed then our taxes should be raised until there's enough to money to take care of every last need these vets have. And they shouldn't have any co-pays either.

I'm not sure why, but although i find this charitable organization to be noble, i'm annoyed that there's a need for its existence. Maybe i'm out of line here, but i'm sure that i'll be straightened out by some of the more informed people that might chime in on the thread if i'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 06:26 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But WHY is this necessary?
Why do we need the numerous organizations?

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...cgid=5&cuid=34

They augment what is already available. Nobody needs "Make a Wish".

Old 07-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Why do we need the numerous organizations?

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...cgid=5&cuid=34

They augment what is already available. Nobody needs "Make a Wish".
I didn't ask about Make A Wish.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:36 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
I looked up their mission statement, and i have no issue with what they do. I understand that it's a charity. Fine and good.

But WHY is this necessary? This organization was made to serve veterans (disabled) of actions post 9.11, and if i remember right, the American people in majority numbers were quite gung-ho about going to these wars and actions. Some still want to go back over there and fight ISIS and one poll i saw showed that a majority of Americans would support it.

So since we were so gung ho to go to war, why aren't we paying for these soldiers needs with our tax money? Why is a charity obviously needed to fill the gaps that we as tax payers aren't filling ourselves? I don't give a damn if our taxes have to go up...if that's what's needed then our taxes should be raised until there's enough to money to take care of every last need these vets have. And they shouldn't have any co-pays either.

I'm not sure why, but although i find this charitable organization to be noble, i'm annoyed that there's a need for its existence. Maybe i'm out of line here, but i'm sure that i'll be straightened out by some of the more informed people that might chime in on the thread if i'm wrong.
If people are donating, why do you care? It does not affect you....(you are wrong)

It's donations....

Old 07-03-2015, 06:51 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
I didn't ask about Make A Wish.
It's the same thing, it's a charity that makes peoples lives just a little bit better. If you have a major medical complication whether it's a veteran or just some normal person there is never going to be enough that could be done for you.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
DD doesn't give a crap one way or another.

Remember hes always about the MYOB.

He's just trolling for posts from people that might have supported BOOOOOOSSHHH going into the ME.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:04 PM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:

Too much money being sucked up by the illegals that have anchor babies here.. ya know.. they want that vote to go to the democratic party so they look the other way and write out the checks for free housing , food, medical and there are just so many tax dollars ... the illegals tell me.. and they get heat vouchers too. And work off the books, illegals that is and make , no lie..$1000 a week over here in NJ.. granted, they work hard but in Mexico they get $2.00 an hour over there. Then their woman get all the perks so their paychecks are all clear to spend or save.

The dems can find the money for illegals but they can't find the money or the good quality healthcare for our wounded who served and kept the enemy off our soil. The democratic party used to be for the working man.. and they looked out for them..no more.. they throw a bone to the poor as they get poorer. The unions have no representation.. here in NJ the unions suffered as the illegals took all the jobs from the housing industry. And they are starting to build here and all I see are Mexicans on every single job site I ride by...and they are most likely illegal..

Old 07-03-2015, 07:07 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Instead of focusing on fixing the problems with the VA and it's bumbling administration, and getting care to our soldiers, our current administration focuses on Rebel Flags and rainbows on the White House. Eye on the ball OBozo.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If people are donating, why do you care? It does not affect you....(you are wrong)

It's donations....
If they're getting everything they need, why would they need any donations? I have everything i need and i don't need a donation. I'm assuming that you have pretty much everything you need, and i doubt that you're looking for donations.

So why is there an obvious need for this organization? That's the question.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Instead of focusing on fixing the problems with the VA and it's bumbling administration, and getting care to our soldiers, our current administration focuses on Rebel Flags and rainbows on the White House. Eye on the ball OBozo.
So if Bush were still the president, the VA would be taking very good care of our vets and there'd be no need for this organization? Is that what you're telling me?

Gays and Flags huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies