Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 06:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
A huge fallacy. Many are trust fund babies and/or live off dividends.

I understand what idea the OP is trying to get across but it is phrased incorrectly. We need higher GRADUATED income taxes above a certain level as we did in the 50s and 60s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, most are people who got wealthy through their own efforts. If they live off dividends, it's because they invested their own money - which was already taxed when they earned it. Again, more than 80% of American millionaires are self-made. Why do you hate successful people?

We don't need higher anything. What we need is a combination of a flat tax which taxes everyone for an equal percentage with no breaks, deductions, or loopholes and a national sales tax which taxes luxury purchases at a higher rate. However, we will never get that as long as politicians are able to play the "us against them" game between the rich and the poor - even though most of the politicians are on the side of "them" when it comes to the working class.
The reason the Utopian Slums of the world hate people who have money is because they are jealous. They want it but are not willing to do what it takes to get it. They think they should live the same lifestyle as someone who earned it.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceMarx View Post
I'm excited for universal healthcare! Basic income, too! I'd rather just lay on the beach all day and surf and read and study philosophy, art, and music. I wouldn't have to worry about necessities so I could probably skate by with a part-time job... or maybe even no job.
lol, I know, I'm thinking about giving everyone their pink slips and closing up shop. I want to be on the beach all day drinking Mai Tai's. Why not? If we do work we got a bunch of entitlement minded dead weights who think they deserve my money. We may as well all join them, let someone else pay for my way. See you down at the beach!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:30 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, I know, I'm thinking about giving everyone their pink slips and closing up shop. I want to be on the beach all day drinking Mai Tai's. Why not? If we do work we got a bunch of entitlement minded dead weights who think they deserve my money. We may as well all join them, let someone else pay for my way. See you down at the beach!
Hey you guys, count me in too!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Hey you guys, count me in too!
We all should. They want a liberal society, lets see where the money comes from to feed everyone.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:24 PM

495 posts, read 611,458 times
Quote:
You do realize that your idiot president raised taxes on these small family businesses don't you? Or are you a gruber. Your idiot president is doing everything he can to cause small family business owners to throw up their hands and say screw it. I'll just throw in the towel, fire people and take a free ride too because I am sick of paying for everyone else's free ride.
This president Obama is not a progressive. He has HURT small business and Bailed out 1%ers. And his Obamacare is awful and not at all what progressives are asking for. Many Liberals are not pro-Obama right now, but that does not mean they are any more pro-Republican

We want progressive Liberal solutions
Obama is not a progressive...he is a oligarchic class of elitists who are no better than the big corporates who are unable to understand small businesses keep America strong. So he's actually passing stuff that's bad for ALL businesses, and then compromises with Big Business to get consensus and leaves small businesses screwed

Last edited by Ericthebean; 12-01-2014 at 07:33 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
This president Obama is not a progressive. He has HURT small business and Bailed out 1%ers
EXACTLY!

But people supported Obama as he hurt small businesses. Obama and Democrats used the right words knowing his supporters didn't understand what he was doing. Gruber was honest about it, he called American voters stupid, and lacked financial understanding.

Then again, what is your definition of a 1%. Obama and democrats used words to imply that he was going after the uber rich when in fact he was going after small business.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
So the idea is don't make over the limit and enjoy that time yourself instead of other doing just that; great plan. Of course that rules out funding many other programs by cuts needed for lack of funds on lower GDP. But then can you imagine the countries courting these people to renounced their citizenship and move there.it would be a mad house.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
This president Obama is not a progressive. He has HURT small business and Bailed out 1%ers. And his Obamacare is awful and not at all what progressives are asking for. Many Liberals are not pro-Obama right now, but that does not mean they are any more pro-Republican
Even the Progressives have learned Obama is nothing but deception and lies.
He even lies about the lies he's told.

Sorry you bought the crap he was selling. Many of us didn't.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:31 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Does "Going Galt" ring any bells?

Old 12-01-2014, 11:07 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Even the Progressives have learned Obama is nothing but deception and lies.
He even lies about the lies he's told.

Sorry you bought the crap he was selling. Many of us didn't.
Obama is a genius, he really is.

He has the ability to sucker in the younger progressive generation who kisses his royal hinnie all the while being the best friend of the super, super rich the younger progressive generation so despises. In business Obama is far more big business oriented than your hated Bush ever was.

Hi signature Obama care bill where they, democrats all, voted to guarantee insurance companies a profit... I mean wtf and the stupid kids bought into it and still love Obama?

I really don't get it. It's like the more he beats on you the more you defend him like a battered wife supports the husband that beats her.

The hated 1%, looking at the stock market and conglomerate portfolios seems that they have done a super job while many millennials graduate from college and feel lucky if they land a job paying $15/hr which seems to be the maximum most anyone can hope for.

Honestly, I am about ready to give up. I am 66, lived a great life, I don't have to work anymore and got everything I need so why should I even care what happens to the young generation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies