Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,412,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Because, despite the GOP's bluster and frothing at the mouth, they can't find a valid legal reason for impeachment.
Impeachment is a political remedy, not a legal one. Pres. Obama could have been impeached on many counts. Let's just take his penchant for legislating from the executive branch, in violation of the Constitution which states in Article 1, Section 1 that "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives." You're intelligent and informed, so I needn't cite the examples where Pres. Obama has contravened this.

Impeachment is a political loser, as we saw with Pres. Clinton. Here was a guy who was credibly accused of rape, settled a sex harassment case for over $800,000, and was caught in a liason (Monica Lewinsky) which my ultra-liberal HR colleague admitted would have gotten him summarily terminated from my company, yet he scored points politically from being impeached. That is why the GOP has not, and will not, make any move to impeach Pres. Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 05:50 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,473,554 times
I wish I know how to bride politicians to purchase my bodycam company. It is all about money. Obama does not care about inner city blacks.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:22 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,486,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Grand jury proceedings are not cheap. Think about it for a minute.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:23 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,246,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I say NOT ONE Darn PENNY!!!!
They do not need 263 MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE TAXPAYERS
Im sorry the Liberals have fed this Beast and we should not be paying for it. Not ONE PENNY for body cameras expanded training let them hold fundraisers have them get Sharpton and Jackson back to raise money for their town that they helped to destroy with their Racism.
This is just a escalated version of Jena 6.

Obama Wants $263 Million for Federal Response to Ferguson | The Weekly Standard

Obama vows to address 'simmering distrust' between police, minorities | Reuters

Obama calls for $263M federal response to Ferguson | New York Post

How about if she spent two million on teaching inner city blacks civics?

Old 12-03-2014, 11:45 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,577,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I no longer believe any "heavy hand of law enforcement falls on people of a specific racial background".

Why? This case.

It's 100% clear that Brown was a thug who got himself killed through his own behavior, yet it appears the majority of black people feel this was the "heavy hand of law enforcement" on black people. If they refuse to open their eyes and acknowledge the truth, then I refuse to believe them. When you are screaming at the top of your lungs that clouds are made of cotton candy, sorry if I don't believe you when you scream other things that I can't confirm.

Does this mean there are not bad cops? No. It just means that most black people blame EVERYTHING on racism even when it obvious there isn't.
When you include racism from the blacks, perhaps everything has to do with it.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,739,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I know that for several posters in this thread it would seem a mystifying concept, but the reality is that Black lives matter, and the failure to eliminate the disparity between how the heavy hand of law enforcement falls on people of a specific racial background is a problem that is far more important than the petty self-centered rationalizations some folks try to use to whine about how the costs of making society fairer will adversely impact their own personal comfort and luxury.
For those posters still mystified by why a change is needed...

Unarmed black man killed by white Phoenix officer

Whether the shootings are justified or not is not the only issue. There is a pattern of excessive disparity between how the heavy hand of law enforcement falls on people of a specific racial background that cannot be explained by physiological factors. That means, despite puerile evasions, that there is something that needs to be rectified such that the changes in law enforcement and changes to the environment within which the law enforcement in question takes place combine to result in no significant disparity between how the heavy hand of law enforcement falls on people of a different racial backgrounds. Or economic backgrounds for that matter. Or with regard to any other protected classes. They are protected classes because of injustice. Whining about the cost to be paid attributing to the aftereffects of past injustice is antisocial and even a bit childish. Myopic black-hating, poor-hating, other-hating perspectives are unacceptable.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,705,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I say NOT ONE Darn PENNY!!!!
They do not need 263 MILLION DOLLARS FROM THE TAXPAYERS
Im sorry the Liberals have fed this Beast and we should not be paying for it. Not ONE PENNY for body cameras expanded training let them hold fundraisers have them get Sharpton and Jackson back to raise money for their town that they helped to destroy with their Racism.
This is just a escalated version of Jena 6.

Obama Wants $263 Million for Federal Response to Ferguson | The Weekly Standard

Obama vows to address 'simmering distrust' between police, minorities | Reuters

Obama calls for $263M federal response to Ferguson | New York Post
This could set a great precedent, don't like a verdict, burn your town down and the American people will happily rebuild your town for you.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,705,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
How about if she spent two million on teaching inner city blacks civics?
...or teach them not to commit strong-arm robberies, not to beat up cops, or try to take guns away from police officers.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,382,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
Seriously though, why hasn't this guy been impeached yet?
Because any move to impeach will be construed (and played) as racial.

Plain and simple.

You think these minor riots, looting and burning is bad? What do you think it will be like if impeachment is tried?

Old 12-05-2014, 04:35 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,640,053 times
We all knew this was coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies