Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I guess the satire was totally overlooked.

I was hoping that was satire. For a second there I was afraid you had had an accident that resulted in brain damage and came out a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 09:23 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,728,787 times
For the simple reason that owning an automobile is not a "right", but rather a privilege.

The poor are already not paying anything into the road infrastructure for them to drive their damn car.

It is so stupid for anyone to think the rich people should pay for this and that they think they need but can't afford to buy. The rich don't owe you anything. If not for the rich, the country would have no tax for build, run and maintain anything, just a bunch of non-taxpayers demanding this and that everyday just because the hold a vote.

I am of the opinion those who don't pay income taxes or property taxes should be stripped of the rights to vote, so that politicians won't succumb to their greedy entitlement at the cost of hard working taxpayers who are actually paying into the system.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:31 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

I was hoping that was satire. For a second there I was afraid you had had an accident that resulted in brain damage and came out a liberal.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:34 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
I guess the satire was totally overlooked.
Not by me it wasn't. Unfortunately, all too many on this forum take themselves far too seriously - or at least far more seriously than I take them - and suffer from an acute irony deficiency.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:36 PM

106 posts, read 319,505 times
and how about if we give everyone who works the same pay?

and how about if we give everyone in school an A?

just sayin. after all, wouldnt that be more FAIR?????

Old 12-03-2014, 01:58 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardita View Post
and how about if we give everyone who works the same pay?

and how about if we give everyone in school an A?

just sayin. after all, wouldnt that be more FAIR?????
Let's take points from the students who have the highest grades and give them to the ones who are failing. They don't need that high of a grade when others are struggling just to pass the class. Plus, they probably have more attentive parents, more money and resources, etc. and the failing student probably doesn't. The A student was lucky to be born into the environment they were, and the failing student had no chance.

Oh, and the A student wears glasses, and everyone knows teachers are biased toward kids with glasses, so they need to check their privilege.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:04 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
EVERYONE IS FORGETTING ABOUT FOOD!! Food is essential for survival, so it's your human right to have it!!! Free universal food distribution!! Nobody should have to PAY for something so essential...think about the children. *dabs eyes with kleenex*

Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Instead of everybody having to make $300 - $500 car payments (about the same cost as health insurance) every month, those who earn above $250,000/year income should pay for the Govt costs of funding free universal car ownership for all people. And those millionaires should pay like $150,000 each towards the car ownership costs for all people, then it's a free for everybody and costs finally come down, no?
Make mine a Dodge Hellcat

Old 12-03-2014, 02:37 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Since when are cell phones a human right?

Post fail.
....because if you're dying society feels you should be able to call someone than just lie there choking on your own blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Since when is health care a human right?

It is in every developed country, and it is in America too.

(Hint: EMTALA)

America decided it's not appropriate if you are dying to just bleed out because you have no money to pay for emergency care.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:38 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
EVERYONE IS FORGETTING ABOUT FOOD!! Food is essential for survival, so it's your human right to have it!!! Free universal food distribution!! Nobody should have to PAY for something so essential...think about the children. *dabs eyes with kleenex*

What the hell do you think SNAP is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies