Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Tell me at what point did the officer in question or any officer @1:54 on scene countinue placing a choke hold after the 2nd time Garner stated i can't breathe? We can do this all day...
Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday.

Eric Garner

Died from "compression of the neck". The damage was already done by the time the officer let off his hold.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:02 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
So I will watch your every posts to ensure that you don't use this example for when it suits you...

So if a person has an existing partial skeletal impairment and an officer places the subject in an arm-take down and causes further damage, the officer is now responsible for this? Think about that.

Stating I can't breathe means you can breathe...

P.S. If he knew he had an existing issue, why did he choose to resist knowing that it could have cost him his life?
Sounds like stalking. Bring it on weirdo.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Some people did but there were a number of people defending the officer long before the autopsy, long before the other grand jury witnesses and even before we found out about the store robbery.
Some will defend the police no matter what and that has nothing to do with pigment.

Quote:
In short, people that took sides in the first couple days, were morons. I frankly don't see how one could come to an intelligent position until AT LEAST after the autopsy and other physical evidence came out.

So don't spin it because some people (like myself) felt differently about the two cases....because I waited and some other posters didn't....and then got somewhat lucky the facts broke their way.
I didn't complain about waiting until we had more information.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday.

Eric Garner

Died from "compression of the neck". The damage was already done by the time the officer let off his hold.
Why does everyone continue to leave out the "and prone positioning during physical restraint by police” part when saying what killed Mr. Garner?

Just wondering.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
He fought with the police and Garner’s rap sheet listed 31 arrests, beginning when he was 16.
I would assure you thousands of arrests are made in similar fashion without occurrence of death, I read somewhere that Eric had asthma, perhaps a contributing factor. The cop had him in the choke hold all of 15 seconds, not enough time to suffocate someone and Eric started saying he couldn't breath after he was released from the hold. But again some will claim another black man is murdered by police, when he himself escalated the situation by fighting with police. I am of the opinion that an untreated asthma attack killed him, exacerbated by fighting with the police.
He wasn't allowed to do it for even 1 second.

Eric Garner

Old 12-04-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Why does everyone continue to leave out the "and prone positioning during physical restraint by police” part when saying what killed Mr. Garner?

Just wondering.
Died from "compression of the neck".

What is it there that you do not understand? The officer was not allowed to use the hold he used. We can see here why.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So you're another justifier of killing a decent dude?

LOL!
Yeah, that's exactly what I said....

Old 12-04-2014, 07:11 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Yes. Asthma is a restrictive airway disease the inability to take a breath IN is the hallmark. And yes my expert opinion with thousands of patients as they lose the ability to breathe before we intubate them I think qualifies...no?
Did you diagnose your other "thousands of patients" via amateur cell phone video as well?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What would you call it then. It most definitely looked like a choke hold to me....forearm around the neck...to take him down. And he took that big guy down. He was selling cigarettes, so what. Why not just say move along to him. Why such force to someone who didn't have a weapon and wasn't hurting anyone.
Choking requires cutting off the air supply. You can put your arm around someone's neck and not do that but still control the person. Have you ever been in a position of being choked? When you are, you can't make sentences like he did.

I agree the law is stupid. He had apparently been doing it on several other occasions. They had to use the force because he was pushing them away and it's their job under those circumstances. They were just trying to get his arms in cuffs. That level of force was required to accomplish that and I know that because they weren't able to do it until they used that force.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:16 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
you don't understand because you aren't one of us.
"us" ?
So there is an "us" vs "them" mentality.... at least you are one of the few that admit it. This country has become seriously divided... race, gender , economic status.. I don't see it getting any better either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies