Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2014, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
One of us seems to have a reading comprehension problem, let me try once more.

Britain has a constitution; therefore Sharia law cannot be legally implemented anywhere in Britain.
However, the same constitution provisions for freedom of religion (like your constitution).
Muslims claim that Sharia is part of their religion, therefore, denying them sharia is equivalent to denying them the right to practice their religion.

Since this essentially pits parts of the constitution against each other, there is no direct answer.
The trend I have seen (at least in Europe) is where Muslim population dominates, Sharia law is enforced.
And the elected leaders, muslim or otherwise, keep stum to keep their political careers alive.
So how exactly is Sharia Law enforced if it is illegal? One would think that those breaking the law would run the risk of going to jail for it.

I think you guys get confused with the difference between worshipping a religion and committing violent acts against other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
You wouldn't find them just yet because Muslims form a small percent of American population.
Here is a video shot in London (East London specifically) where muslims are enforcing sharia law on passers-by. If it can happen in London, what makes you think it won't come to you?

Here is a challenge for you, name a few non-muslim countries, where muslims constitute more than 5% of the population, which doesn't have recurring Muslim vs Non_Muslim violence.
We have about 30 mosques in my city.
Muslim vs non-Muslim violence? Can't think of any.
Some backwoods yahoo ocasionally defaces a mosque with spray paint "Go Home!", but other than that.....

Old 12-09-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The laws WE THE PEOPLE Placed upon the federal government?
I know how to define the word CONGRESS and I know laws are very word specific, also knowing men from each of the 13 colonies was present. So, it surely couldn't have applied to the states upon composition and signing. Especially using the word CONGRESS and it being the document that chained down the Federal centralized Government from over powering the States and the People.

You must think the US Constitution are laws the people must abide by.
Oh cool, so I can write laws that Congress must abide to? You learn something new every day on City Data.

So I guess if a town banned Christianity, you would be cool with it because that town isn't CONGRESS.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Um no. The part of the constitution that prohibits slavery specifically applies to the states. As for the gun ban, the 2nd amendment was only applied to the states this century. The states could have banned guns if they wanted to, but none were so stupid to try.
It looks like BentBow thinks that towns don't have to live under the Constitution, so it is within their right to make slavery legal and ban all guns.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:11 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
We have about 30 mosques in my city.
Muslim vs non-Muslim violence? Can't think of any.
Some backwoods yahoo ocasionally defaces a mosque with spray paint "Go Home!", but other than that.....
Then surely these are just a figment of my wild wild imagination ...

Canadian radical Muslim convert launched terror attack in Quebec killing one soldier | Daily Mail Online

Accused in canal deaths said daughters betrayed Islam - Montreal - CBC News

Old 12-09-2014, 07:12 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Indeed, you don't have to worry just yet but you are mistaken if you think it won't come to you.

Oh Dear! Did Buddhists or Hindus or Druids fly a plane into the towers and kill 2,977 people?
Quote:
Indeed, you don't have to worry just yet but you are mistaken if you think it won't come to you.
I didn't know you had psychic abilities to know that what is happening over seas is definitely going to happen in America any time soon. When do you suppose we are going to be over 5% Muslims in our population? Also I'm not convinced that once the Muslim population reaches all these percentage markers that they are all going to flip their lives into another mode like robots and do everything these percentage markers claim will happen as a community. There are 6-8 million Muslims in America right now and according to the religion of peace website over the past two year (5 per year) there have been 10 murders committed by Muslims. Let me ask you. What did the other 5,999,989-7,999,989 Muslims living in America have to do with those murders? Were they all plotting in all of there Mosques how to get the "bad people"? Why is only .0001% of these fanatical Muslims carrying out viscous murders all around our country? After all of them are true followers of Allah and follow the Quran to a T, right?

Were the hijackers of the planes on 9/11 American?

Old 12-09-2014, 07:14 PM

And what happened to these people that committed these violent acts? Probably the exact same thing as anyone else who commits a crime.

Not sure why you have a hard time understanding this. The reason why someone commits a murder doesn't matter because the act of committing a murder is treated the same.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:30 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Were the hijackers of the planes on 9/11 American?
Hijackers were muslims from Saudi Arabia and Yemen; about 2500 of Americans died in the attack.
Assuming you are an American, why do I know your history better than you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I didn't know you had psychic abilities to know that what is happening over seas is definitely going to happen in America any time soon. When do you suppose we are going to be over 5% Muslims in our population? Also I'm not convinced that once the Muslim population reaches all these percentage markers that they are all going to flip their lives into another mode like robots and do everything these percentage markers claim will happen as a community. There are 6-8 million Muslims in America right now and according to the religion of peace website over the past two year (5 per year) there have been 10 murders committed by Muslims. Let me ask you. What did the other 5,999,989-7,999,989 Muslims living in America have to do with those murders? Were they all plotting in all of there Mosques how to get the "bad people"? Why is only .0001% of these fanatical Muslims carrying out viscous murders all around our country? After all of them are true followers of Allah and follow the Quran to a T, right?
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but you are a bit thick.
Check the chronology of the Boston bombing (which injured 300+) and the Fort Hood shooting (where ~15 people were killed), do they fall inside or outside your conveniently picked two year range?

Old 12-09-2014, 07:38 PM

Oh, for heaven's sake! That wasn't Muslim vs non-Muslim violence.
That one crazy convert was targeting SOLDIERS, and not non-Muslims. He could have just as easily killed a Muslim soldier. We have those. He didn't stop to check if it was a Muslim or not. Any soldiers would do.
The other was a Muslim killing their Muslim daughters.
How is that Muslim vs non-Muslim violence?

Last edited by weltschmerz; 12-09-2014 at 07:58 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 07:41 PM

I know lots of Muslims. Ridha and Yahia and Jane and Gehan and Jean-Claude and Item, just to name a few. I consider them my friends. They haven't tried to kill me. Not even once.
Or convert me, for that matter.
My Christian niece sends her son to a Muslim day care. Lovely people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies