Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 05:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hush.bereel View Post

Merriam-Webster's definition of cult: "a small religious group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion and that has beliefs regarded by many people as extreme or dangerous"

According to the Pew Research Center, Islam represents 23.2% of the global population, compared to 31.5% represented by Christianity. For further comparison, Judaism represents 0.2%. So, as funny as all of this nonsense is (and I am thoroughly enjoying this thread!), Islam is not a cult. Sorry, Christians.
The history of Islam is that it began as "a small religious group, not part of a larger more accepted religion."

They persecuted the Jews and the Christians.

Learn some history, so you don't post things that make you look like an ignoramus.

Islam is a made-up "religion." They were an offshoot of no other religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Every religion on Earth started as a cult...and they're all still cults. I don't know what separates a legitimate religion from a cult in your mind, but I've never been able to find out.

That's beside the whole point anyway. Americans have a right to join a cult.
LOL!!! Ignorance speaks

Old 12-08-2014, 05:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The history of Islam is that it began as "a small religious group, not part of a larger more accepted religion."

Learn some history, so you don't post things that make you look like an ignoramus.
Lol..wow.

Jesus supposedly had 12 disciples. Wow...such a large following, huh?

Is that a "small religious group?" And to boot, it's an offshoot of Judaism, which was a small sect in those times too comparatively. Most people in the world were animists, pagans, or polytheists.

Islam persecuted Jews and Christians?

Christianity was FOUNDED by a persecutor AND murderer of early Christians.

You just don't get it...Do you?

Old 12-08-2014, 06:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you actually read the 1st amendment and absorbed the wording?

CONGRESS shall pass no law.

I didn't know Kennesaw GA was now CONGRESS.
I didn't realize Kennesaw GA wasn't in the US and was above the Constitution. You guys with your selective support of the Constitution is truly funny.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:06 PM

265 posts, read 402,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Islam is a made-up "religion." They were an offshoot of no other religion.
My cheeks hurt so bad from all the laughter!! Wow. I can't even respond any further because I would feel bad. I'm embarrassed for you now and so I will give you a break.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Many reasons? Tell me the difference between a Pentecostal Church getting approval vs a mosque in similar retail space.

We are still awaiting the councils reason for rejection.
I don't know, I didn't read their applications. But they could be the same and it wouldn't matter. Maybe they granted the church a variance and they had complaints or problems and decided not to do it again. Is there any law that requires them to give a reason for every vote they make?

Old 12-08-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Lol..wow.

Jesus supposedly had 12 disciples. Wow...such a large following, huh?

Is that a "small religious group?" And to boot, it's an offshoot of Judaism, which was a small sect in those times too comparatively. Most people in the world were animists, pagans, or polytheists.

Islam persecuted Jews and Christians?

Christianity was FOUNDED by a persecutor AND murderer of early Christians.
Oh, really? Are you talking about Paul? Christianity was not "founded" by Paul.

Quote:
You just don't get it...Do you?

I'm surprised you didn't say, "Wow, just wow."
Jesus proved who he was by the miracles he preformed. Did Mohammad preform miracles? No. He didn't.

Scripture tell us that thousands were saved upon hearing the Gospel.

Go do some study. You are making yourself look like a fool.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-09-2014 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: name calling

Old 12-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hush.bereel View Post
My cheeks hurt so bad from all the laughter!! Wow. I can't even respond any further because I would feel bad. I'm embarrassed for you now and so I will give you a break.
"Wow. Just wow!" Right?

Old 12-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
So in other words Jews, Unitarian-Universalists, Buddhists and Hindus have no rights under the First Amendment ... is that what you are claiming?
Go read that post again.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:53 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post

Yeah, you keep that fear alive, I am sure the Muslims are here to take over the country. Maybe we should put them in camps and start killing them off....I am sure nothing bad will come of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No camps. There is nothing wrong with people who are Muslims, they are corrupted by islam. Banning islam will let them be free.
I'm curious.

How are you going to "ban Islam" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies