Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 10:55 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The history of Islam is that it began as "a small religious group, not part of a larger more accepted religion."

They persecuted the Jews and the Christians.

Learn some history, so you don't post things that make you look like an ignoramus.

Islam is a made-up "religion." They were an offshoot of no other religion.
All religion is made up. The concept of grouping people together and making an effort to get them to all think the same way is a very human thing.

Jews persecuted Jesus. Pagans (Romans) persecuted Christians. Christians seized ultimate power in Europe and persecuted everyone accept Christians or people they didn't know existed. Islam continues to persecuted Jews and Christians. Some Christians still persecuted Muslims and whoever doesn't follow their religion.

If you haven't figured out my point yet, it's that stupid people have an unbelievable habit of persecuting other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You will have to ask the Supreme Court that question. Maybe they did violate the Constitution.

I thought you were the Supreme Court, the way you were making rulings on the constitutionality, of Kennesaw being called Congress.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:33 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Except that the bible is the truth

Go to any library and the Bible has always been in the fiction section.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:28 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Except that the bible is the truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The Bible is about as true as a Harry Potter novel.
This whole thread is like a vignette out of Harry Potter -- good vs. evil.

It takes a spiritual ear to hear Truth, and a willing heart.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They are the cause of the communities disturbance. More than 2/3 is not happy.
So the community is the source of the problem. I presume they have a police force to control those violent elements? They have courts to prosecute the miscreants? They have a jail?

The mosque isn't the problem. Islam isn't the problem. Fear and discrimination are the problem. And the community has an opportunity to overcome its fear, and to not discriminate. It would be wonderful if they took advantage of that opportunity.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:51 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So the community is the source of the problem. I presume they have a police force to control those violent elements? They have courts to prosecute the miscreants? They have a jail?

The mosque isn't the problem. Islam isn't the problem. Fear and discrimination are the problem. And the community has an opportunity to overcome its fear, and to not discriminate. It would be wonderful if they took advantage of that opportunity.
Actually Zoning is the problem. The fear and discrimination of Islam as a whole is well deserved though because of their actions. I'll tell my friend in the tower that morning to be more tolerant... oh wait.... I can't tell her anything anymore.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Actually Zoning is the problem. The fear and discrimination of Islam as a whole is well deserved though because of their actions. I'll tell my friend in the tower that morning to be more tolerant... oh wait.... I can't tell her anything anymore.
And I have friends who survived. Oddly enough, they think hatred and bias and discrimination are the enemies. They don't advocate for fear and discrimination. I'd bet your friend who died, and I'm terribly sorry that you had a friend who died, would be advocating for tolerance.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:32 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'd bet your friend who died, and I'm terribly sorry that you had a friend who died, would be advocating for tolerance.
Thank you for that.... however I can guarantee she wouldn't be. Even with the biggest amount of tolerance I'd ever seen she knew that sometimes enough was enough and standing up against what is wrong with this world was important. If the role was reversed, she'd be running down the road with a baseball bat singing, "somebody's going to get it". One of these days.. the American People are going to get to that point. And who's to blame? The troublemakers or those who did nothing to prevent it? It may take another huge tragedy, it may be something small and inconsequential, but it will happen. Isn't being tolerant for the intolerant just as wrong? A quagmire to say the least.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Thank you for that.... however I can guarantee she wouldn't be. Even with the biggest amount of tolerance I'd ever seen she knew that sometimes enough was enough and standing up against what is wrong with this world was important. If the role was reversed, she'd be running down the road with a baseball bat singing, "somebody's going to get it". One of these days.. the American People are going to get to that point. And who's to blame? The troublemakers or those who did nothing to prevent it? It may take another huge tragedy, it may be something small and inconsequential, but it will happen. Isn't being tolerant for the intolerant just as wrong? A quagmire to say the least.
I agree with her. Standing up against what is wrong in this world is important. Blind hatred and intolerance is one of the things that is wrong in this world. She might run down the road with a baseball bat, but surely she wouldn't be swinging it at anyone who crossed her path. She'd be seeking out the bad people, I'd wager. And the vast majority of Muslims are NOT bad people. They are people following the religious beliefs of Abraham, which Christians and Jews follow as well. Those beliefs are open to interpretation, which is why there are three religions following those beliefs, as well as thousands of denominations, and millions of people who make their own determinations of what their scriptures mean.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I thought you were the Supreme Court, the way you were making rulings on the constitutionality, of Kennesaw being called Congress.
When did I say Kennesaw was Congress? I did say it is a city within this country and therefore has to obey the same laws as the rest of us. You cannot have selective religious rights in this country.

And no I am not the Supreme Court, that would be like assuming every time a right winger mentions the Supreme Court that that suddenly makes them the Supreme Court. I highly doubt you have accused a far right winger of being that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies