Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:34 PM

19,855 posts, read 12,127,453 times

Advertisements

This happened 8 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 09:45 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
That is Corporate Fascism
How is this affecting you? Is The Man keeping you down? Would you be successful, except for this massive conspiracy between business & government, apparently aimed at your well-being?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,918,474 times
Nice to hear both sides. Never did understand now it could be kidnapping without secreting her away where likely not to be found. False imprisonment at most. Seems the writer is ignorant of what kidnapping even is.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:14 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,965,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
How is this affecting you? Is The Man keeping you down? Would you be successful, except for this massive conspiracy between business & government, apparently aimed at your well-being?
It has nothing to do with keeping me down but everything to do with being a concerned citizen over how our government is being run and/or used, at tax payers expense.

Our American People responsible for the Government they have and how it is being used and what is being done in their name?
Yes or No?

If you say no, then we can pretty much agree that all acts committed by our government and their cronies, the responsibility lies not at the feet of the majority of the citizens in this country but at the feet of Corporate and Banking Elites in bed with them.

I am pretty sure that is not what the founding fathers had in mind where the government in accordance with the Constitution is supposed to be defending the economic, political and protective interests of all citizens in this NATION and not just the ones that buy them and create Trade Pacts with Commie China.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:20 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,880,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This happened 8 years ago.
Things are much better, now.

I saw O'Bama on TV tonight saying that there are improvements.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:49 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
In other news:Cops make the best liars.
You're right! Are there any cops that actually don’t feel everything is an arrest-able offence? Perhaps, but they are few and far between in todays militarized police force. At this point you may have better success finding Bigfoot than a cop who is an honest person with integrity and a true sense of justice. Not the just-us mentality!

An overwhelming number of cops are border line or full on psychopaths drunk on power and the impunity that goes with the badge and have no qualms lying, planting evidence, incarcerating completely innocent people and committing murder.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It's always best to check more than one source....she wasn't kidnapped. She was arrested and charged.

"The story, which has circulated the internet and the media for over a month, bringing harsh criticism upon the officers and the police department, began on August 22, 2006 when four Galveston vice officers, dispatched into a crime ridden neighborhood on information that two drug dealers and a prostitute were plying their trades in the area.

When the police arrived in an unmarked van they discovered the girl, Dymond Larae Milburn, standing in a yard near the edge of the street. When the officers got out of the van to question her, she took off running and screaming towards the house where she lives. According to testimony, she ran to the house and grabbed the electrical breaker box. Officers believed she was trying to stuff drugs inside the box. Two bags of drugs were discovered on the ground in the yard, according to prosecutors.

As officer David Rourke tried to restrain Milburn, she began screaming for her daddy and screaming, "F..k the cops, I hate cops!" Her screaming was heard by a witness several doors down the street who testified in court. He also testified he heard the police telling the girl over and over, "Police, police, calm down, we're the police." She kept flailing and swinging at the officer, hitting him in his face and neck.

The defense claimed throughout the trial the girl did not know the men were the police and she was in fear that she was being attacked by criminals and maybe abducted. All the officers were dressed in raid gear which includes black shirts with POLICE inscribed in big, white letters.

In her effort to escape the officers, Milburn reportedly grabbed onto a tree and clung to it, refusing to let go when ordered to by police. Prosecutor Veronique Cantrell-Avloes said the cuts and scratches Milburn would later claim were made by police, were actually caused by her becoming entangled in the tree while fighting off officers. Police photos at the scene reflected tree parts embedded in the skin of her neck."
Funny how the biased sites like the OPs leave out little details like that. One reason I favor body cameras-video evidence of the kind of scum police have to deal with every day will make for a little less sympathy for the criminals.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Cops Beat & Kidnap 12-yo Girl in Front of her Home, Claiming She was a Prostitute | The Free Thought Project

There is no way anyone can defend these Satanic Monsters.

None of the officers were fired. In fact Gomez went on to work for the department up until 2012 when he started his own private detective services. 2 years after he beat a 12 year-old girl to the point of hospitalization, Officer Sean Stewart was named Galveston “Officer of the year”!
Is there some good reason you decided to post this now? Is it your attempt to start another cops are bad motivated debate which will prove nothing? Have you checked the actuacy of the article, considering where it came from and what does something that happened 8 years ago have to do with now? I actually am a little surprised the monterators have not pulled or closed this one. It could be the beginning of a really nasty thread.

Last edited by nmnita; 12-08-2014 at 07:50 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 07:49 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,218,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
It's always best to check more than one source....she wasn't kidnapped. She was arrested and charged.

"The story, which has circulated the internet and the media for over a month, bringing harsh criticism upon the officers and the police department, began on August 22, 2006 when four Galveston vice officers, dispatched into a crime ridden neighborhood on information that two drug dealers and a prostitute were plying their trades in the area.

When the police arrived in an unmarked van they discovered the girl, Dymond Larae Milburn, standing in a yard near the edge of the street. When the officers got out of the van to question her, she took off running and screaming towards the house where she lives. According to testimony, she ran to the house and grabbed the electrical breaker box. Officers believed she was trying to stuff drugs inside the box. Two bags of drugs were discovered on the ground in the yard, according to prosecutors.

As officer David Rourke tried to restrain Milburn, she began screaming for her daddy and screaming, "F..k the cops, I hate cops!" Her screaming was heard by a witness several doors down the street who testified in court. He also testified he heard the police telling the girl over and over, "Police, police, calm down, we're the police." She kept flailing and swinging at the officer, hitting him in his face and neck.

The defense claimed throughout the trial the girl did not know the men were the police and she was in fear that she was being attacked by criminals and maybe abducted. All the officers were dressed in raid gear which includes black shirts with POLICE inscribed in big, white letters.

In her effort to escape the officers, Milburn reportedly grabbed onto a tree and clung to it, refusing to let go when ordered to by police. Prosecutor Veronique Cantrell-Avloes said the cuts and scratches Milburn would later claim were made by police, were actually caused by her becoming entangled in the tree while fighting off officers. Police photos at the scene reflected tree parts embedded in the skin of her neck."
Sounds like this is the story.... Wonder what she is up to these days?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:36 AM

15,875 posts, read 21,463,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post
I found a discrepancy in their story. I know somethings other people don't or never thought of. I also wondered WHY a 12 year old girl would become combative with several grown adult LEO men.

An innocent 12 year old girl would have been so scared, she would have wet herself and been bawling her eyes out....

Sure not FIGHTING!!
If several men pulled up to my house in a van and grabbed me, you better believe I would have been combative - even at 12! I was taught from a young age that if a stranger grabs you, that you scream as loudly as you can and hit, paying particular attention to the eyes and groin. I grew up in a very safe, upper middle class neighborhood so I have to guess that kids who grow up in more dangerous neighborhoods are taught to be even tougher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies