Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 08:10 PM

527 posts, read 708,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Which part of the constitution oppresses people?
First Amendment in particular; ban of official state religion. Worst of it all is the Establishment Clause

Old 12-08-2014, 08:16 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
So you believe we should outlaw all churches, temples, mosques and all places of worship and arrest people who publicly pray.
You believe in censorship in media, internet, and speech......wow!

I don't think I personally have met anyone who supports this.

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 12-08-2014 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
It seems like whereever you see in this forum and elsewhere when people proposes things, wants to ban, introduce or make changes; people always use quotes from what the founding father's thought and their outdated written papers, so-called "Constitution" believes and says. Those founding father's are all dead, and what they wrote or thought in 18th Century ago is irrelevant today in 21st Century. So who cares what a founding father thought?! Let people adopt to this Era's lifestyle and thinking. Leave everything Centuries ago that oppress people today behind!

It feels like you are forced to worship and praise dead people and an old paper!
Your history of posts leads me to believe that you are disingenuous with your so called questions.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I say let everyone do whatever turns them on ;we see now that works now. if you like it now ;you'll love fully adopting it. Or perhaps the original of allowing states and local government more powers with minimum federal. You know the original federation of states with minimum federal interference in what locals want. After all its already started with state like Colorado marijuana altho federally illegal; cities harboring illegals; from small to serious people are ignoring rule of law more and more. that is where its headed anyway. Diversity only brings conflict and people naturally do what they can to live with others they agree with for the peace it brings.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:51 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Republicans and Conservatives cling to the sentiments and words of the founding fathers because the founding fathers believed that black people were naturally inferior and that slavery and white superiority/privilege would last forever. The founding fathers were incredibly ignorant regarding this matter, but it is the basis for the Conservative ideology, so they care.
Damn good thing Conservative Republicans clinged to their guns and bibles to restore the Republic from those rich enslaving Democrats back in the day!
Don't Tread On Me! Metallica rules!

Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
It seems like whereever you see in this forum and elsewhere when people proposes things, wants to ban, introduce or make changes; people always use quotes from what the founding father's thought and their outdated written papers, so-called "Constitution" believes and says. Those founding father's are all dead, and what they wrote or thought in 18th Century ago is irrelevant today in 21st Century. So who cares what a founding father thought?! Let people adopt to this Era's lifestyle and thinking. Leave everything Centuries ago that oppress people today behind!

It feels like you are forced to worship and praise dead people and an old paper!
Another expense of a public education wasted. I'd suppose you think the Magna Carta was a wasted and useless effort as well.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:03 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The men who wrote the US Constitution did so to set limits on the government to help prevent tyranny. They knew that changes would need to be made in later generations so they included a set of instructions on how to amend the Constitution. They made it difficult for the federal government to amend the Constitution to prevent tyranny. If an amendment is needed then it is worth the effort to amend. Instead today's federal government goes around amending the Constitution through the courts and government agencies with laws disguised as regulations. We now have a federal government that spies on its citizens, looking to put restrictions on freedom of speech, and trying to take away citizens right to own guns.
A government soon to be run by gays and feminazi's, the sublime endeavor of progressive liberals resulting in a breeding ground for Hollywood subject matter.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:11 PM

527 posts, read 708,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So you believe we should outlaw all churches, temples, mosques and all places of worship and arrest people who publicly pray.
You believe in censorship in media, internet, and speech......wow!

I don't think I personally have met anyone who supports this.
So all countries without First Amendment have outlawed religion? I actually want Christianity as an official religion and to be the only religion favored and promoted by the government like in the UK and many other western countries.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:24 PM

32,070 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
Another expense of a public education wasted. I'd suppose you think the Magna Carta was a wasted and useless effort as well.
Seriously, this has nothing to do with public education. These are just questions being raised by people who like to think for themselves and not blindly follow what they are told to follow. Hundreds of years ago, decades ago we used to be a religious nation because no one dared to question. Not so much anymore.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,496,025 times
I have read the Constitution many times, and with every reading I am amazed by this singular document, this blueprint of the structure and function of government, this guarantee of rights and liberty by law - it is unique. It is deceptively simple (only 4,400 words), but on closer examination, its parts have the intricacy and precision of the most complicated timepiece made by George Daniels. It is a masterpiece. It has suffered some bumps and bruises over the years, and it has undergone more than a few amendments; but it has withstood the test of time. I think that we are most fortunate to have this great treasure that is our Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies