Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferelden View Post
On the one hand, I can understand their position, for their fight for the civil rights, etc.
But still... It's their private issues, why should University give them some slack? I just don’t get it…
I just have to laugh at the world of academia. The fact that these students even think that their personal activities, regardless of how noble they think they are , should be a justification for pushing back their scholastic obligations is laughable.

Do they think the real world works like this? Do physicians get to tell their patients, "I'm sorry, your surgery needs to be pushed back because I had to rabble rouse for a week?" Do lawyers get to tell their clients, "I know you needed me at that trial, but I can't make it because I'm tired from looting and rioting?"

These idiots are woefully unprepared for the real world, and they clearly don't have an inkling of the right attitude. More left-wing indoctrination and resulting ignorance on display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:51 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

These idiots are woefully unprepared for the real world, and they clearly don't have an inkling of the right attitude. More left-wing indoctrination and resulting ignorance on display.
Yep. Wait until they hit the real world, and see how many corporations or bosses will give them time off for crap like this!

Old 12-10-2014, 07:08 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
If I'm Harvard I say too bad, so sad. Not because they're minorities, but because of the scheduled dates of the exams. The only exceptions should be for a medical emergency, or family emergency or something along those lines, not because they decided to blow off school to go protest!

Old 12-10-2014, 07:33 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Harvard, a once-great institution of LEARNING, is turning into a national joke. These clowns are just one more example. Nothing like throwing away a $25,000 a year education to go play in the streets like a bunch of retards.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:34 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
"The next scheduled final exams are 6 months from now. You have 6 months to get fully prepared. See you then!"
THAT is the answer they would get if I was in charge!
Of course, they would also have the option to buckle down and take them as scheduled, instead of waiting.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Our exams were not even delayed for 9-11. It was at the start of the semester but we still kept on schedule.
My employer at the time of 9-11 didn't even cut our workday short. Guess you and I are members of the real world.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
My employer at the time of 9-11 didn't even cut our workday short. Guess you and I are members of the real world.

Mine did. At the time I worked for a large bank in the area, and the main office was in downtown Cleveland. Well, considering downtown emptied out, and the main office went offline, they sent us home. My wife's company on the other hand did not, and for a better part of the morning as the events unfolded she was in a meeting. Now were I at the company at the time that I am at now (a smaller company) I doubt we would have had our work days cut short.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:44 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Mine did. At the time I worked for a large bank in the area, and the main office was in downtown Cleveland. Well, considering downtown emptied out, and the main office went offline, they sent us home. My wife's company on the other hand did not, and for a better part of the morning as the events unfolded she was in a meeting. Now were I at the company at the time that I am at now (a smaller company) I doubt we would have had our work days cut short.
Point being, in the real world, external events you choose to be worried about do not grind the world to a halt, so get ready for nobody to care how you feel today. In the real world, nobody cares, nor should they.

(I know you get that, just saying it generally to the rest of the crowd)

Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Point being, in the real world, external events you choose to be worried about do not grind the world to a halt, so get ready for nobody to care how you feel today. In the real world, nobody cares, nor should they.

(I know you get that, just saying it generally to the rest of the crowd)

Of course.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Mine didn't either. Not even when morons looted and burned Ferguson. Adults still have work to do. Children in college don't understand that; they still often act like they are in 6th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies