Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:59 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
The militarization of police is an issue. But that's not what people are protesting in the streets for right now. Your whole, what about me, pay attention to me, give he half the attention for something that barely affects me and I'm not even really concerned about, is a distraction. You're just trying to demean this movement, and something tells me if I were to go through your post history I wouldn't find you commenting on the misconduct of police save for when it's against black people, and black people bring it up.

Sounds to me like your describing the BLM folks here. They are the ones with the "Me Me Me" syndrome, and the "Pay attention to me" attitude, and are forcing the this agenda on people who are not wanting to participate in it, by blocking roads, and violence. They attack the cars that try to get by their roadblocks, like mad dogs. There is no excuse for them. All they are accomplishing is to guarantee that they will be treated different from other folks, because people will remember these goons.

I used to think these where people with a cause. Now I think they are Goons and no different from the KKK. I smile whenever I hear a hundred or so, have been arrested or doused with Pepper Spray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 11:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
My black friends saying that for the sake of this stupid post. That all lives matter, because we are all Americans and most of us want the same things out of life.

We do talk about race issues, we are friends, they tell me all the time, when you put one group ahead of all others, that is not right. They say all the time, we are Americans and in this Country all lives matter. I agree and could care less if any of you do. Trouble today, we have a bunch of friggin wuss out there, afraid to convey their feelings, well not me.

We all bleed red blood, making us all the same.

My black friends lives don't matter any more then those I have who are white, Hispanic, European, Asian etc.
Yes, that's all well and good in theory. The only problem is that in practice, it is demonstrated time and again that black lives matter less than white lives. So yes, in principle all lives do matter, but conservatives gloss over the reality of what does happen to black people at the hands of the police. They basically all act like blacks always deserve whatever they get and that there isn't a systemic problem, even when the evidence indicates that there is.

And I say this as a person oftentimes critical of the "black lives matter" movement, critical of black culture and black-on-black crime, and generally supportive of the need for a police force.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:12 PM

38 posts, read 48,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
What kind of buffoonish statement is it when one says he never used social media ON social media (CDF). Aloha, bruddah! Welcome to the new Hawaii with Costco, Big Boxes and all the trimmings.
Propulsor- bruh. Stop trolling me across the boards man.

And for the tenth time, I don't live in Hawaii.

Now that's buffoonish, to not correctly glean that I'm referring to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

C'mon man, is that a brain or a coconut in your noggin?

Old 07-13-2016, 11:17 PM

38 posts, read 48,336 times
The head of BLM lives IN a home OWNED by George Soros.

FACT.

Ya know, the mega-rich ancient-looking guy who for fun, causes countries to implode upon themselves?

...Over my cold, dead body.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:34 PM

788 posts, read 512,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Heart View Post
Propulsor- bruh. Stop trolling me across the boards man.

And for the tenth time, I don't live in Hawaii.

Now that's buffoonish, to not correctly glean that I'm referring to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.

C'mon man, is that a brain or a coconut in your noggin?
Nobody is trolling you. I just came across your post, and see that you still lolo, still not makin no sens wattsoeva, brah. We all know you don't live in Hawaii, you just pretend to be a "local". You said Social Media, without stipulations. I can only "glean" what you mean, from what you say, bruddah.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:57 AM

172 posts, read 109,762 times
Why don’t people realize how stupid saying “all lives matter” really is?

Why don’t people realize that telling black people (some who seem to get Killed with impunity) that all lives matter is as stupid as telling a hungry man who says “I need to eat” that everybody needs to eat? Yes, it may be true, but it doesn’t solve the immediate issue and would be a largely irrelevant (albeit obvious) statement.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:57 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,430,854 times
Something that doesn't get much attention is the fact that men are vastly over represented in police shootings. Men are 49% of the population, yet somehow account for almost all fatal encounters with police.

Why are men killed by cops so much more than women?

Old 06-04-2020, 08:11 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
College president sorry for saying 'All lives matter' | Fox News

I guess not sticking to "black" lives matter, she upset a bunch of liberal tools who are sadly the future of our country. I swear, each day that goes by and I see and read stuff like this, I really worry about the future of society.
326 million American lives, black, white or Asian, don't matter...the only lives that matter are 10 black criinals killed by police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies