Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,148,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I just wish they made those "peaceful" protesters pay for the fire, police, ambulatory we have to have on-call to make sure things stay, somewhat "peaceful". They should also have to pay for any damages brought on by their "peaceful" ways.

But, then again, liberals tend to never, ever think of the cost. The same capitalism they despise is the one that funds the welfare checks, student grants in some cases, food, transportation, etc.

If they actually had to pay the portion they used, there wouldn't be a peep out of anyone and millions, if not billions in damages would have been averted at this point.

Are we gonna make the Police, instead of the city, pay for the millions of dollars in settlements they rack up each year?

If things hadn't gotten so out of control in this country people wouldn't be protesting in the streets.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:15 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Are we gonna make the Police, instead of the city, pay for the millions of dollars in settlements they rack up each year?

If things hadn't gotten so out of control in this country people wouldn't be protesting in the streets.
If public employees mess up, the individual employee should pay up, not the taxpayer. Who pays for the damage and harm the protesters are doing? The professors at the schools? Or the looters in Ferguson? Their parents?

Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's sad to see someone hurt, but at the same time it's hard not to see the humor in the situation. Some low-information Darwin Award candidate goes and plays in the street and gets bumped by a moving car. Who would have seen that coming? Really?

Staying on the sidewalk was apparently just too difficult a concept to grasp for these Mensa members.

As I've said before, with regards to the "protesters", black people have no monopoly on stupid.
So, in other words, you're actually in favor of crime.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM

The die-ins are obviously effective as they have started such a long discussion on here. They've also gained media attention.

The protests have been highly effective in not only starting a conversation in this country, but around the world. People from Mexico, to India, to the UK, to Australia are tuned in to what's going on in this country and what these protests are about.

Eric Garner Death: Scores Arrested in London at 'Die-In' Protest - NBC News

76 arrested in London

Old 12-11-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If public employees mess up, the individual employee should pay up, not the taxpayer. Who pays for the damage and harm the protesters are doing? The professors at the schools? Or the looters in Ferguson? Their parents?

What harm are the protesters doing?

Are you talking about business? Because looters and rioters are separate from protesters.

Inconvenience? Yea. I got you. But its hardly the inconvenience others have experienced or experience on a regular basis.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:28 PM

Have any of you heard about the undercover cops in Oakland who were agent provacateurs (sp)?

They were eventually outted by protesters and then they pulled their guns on them and started to make arrest.

I know those type of tactics were used during the Occupy protests. I wonder how much its being used here.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Have any of you heard about the undercover cops in Oakland who were agent provacateurs (sp)?

They were eventually outted by protesters and then they pulled their guns on them and started to make arrest.

I know those type of tactics were used during the Occupy protests. I wonder how much its being used here.
Wouldn't surprise me much. In Ferguson, the police simply attacked mourners, protestors, and the press outright. It wouldn't shock me to discover better police departments using somewhat better tactics.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Wouldn't surprise me much. In Ferguson, the police simply attacked mourners, protestors, and the press outright. It wouldn't shock me to discover better police departments using somewhat better tactics.
It's a shame they didn't do something with the rioters, looters and arsonists.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
So, in other words, you're actually in favor of crime.
No. I'd have preferred the cops to haul the criminals off the streets and out of the way. But heck, when cops won't do their job and give the morons committing crime and obstructing honest, productive people a free pass, someone has to do something. I expect the driver had somewhere to be and the idiot felt she was more important.

How would you like it if a bunch of morons in white sheets showed up and blocked your access to your front door or say to your car? Hey, they have just as much right to "protest" as anyone and get their (disgusting) message out. Does that give them the right to obstruct your lawful passage and business? Or should you simply be required to sit their and listen to their crap until THEY decide to move on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies