Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 06:54 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No it isn't.

I support her position. I do not support her hypocritical position on voting "no" on a budget.

Why, they supposedly had a CR, this no vote seemed to have some substance and history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,193 times
Hey man don't get it twisted. Liberals "care".

Old 12-12-2014, 07:00 PM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
"Threatening" to shutdown the government as opposed to actually hutting down the government because you don't like ACA that already passed congress are quite different. Rolling back regulations on the financial industry that put people out of work and caused one of the greatest economic down turns in our history, maybe you can see where these legislators should have been taken to task.
Nonsense meant to deflect.

The Democrats had a hand in shutting down the government the 1st time and much of the angst by the GOP was directed at the national debt that will hurt all Americans if we don't come to terms with it.

You are fine with hypocrisy so long as the hypocrite has a D.

If shutting down the government kills children, creates lead poisoning, and leads to anarchy and other evils than her actions that would have resulted in a shutdown had it been successful would do the same thing. In her own words from before she recognized that her actions could have killed children, etc...except she was full of BS, knew it, and knew you sheep would believe it and excuse her if she was ever proven a liar on it.

There is no moral high ground for the motive of regulating business over tackling an insane budget.

If you wonder why Washington is dysfunctional - look in the mirror. If we refuse to hold our politicians accountable, because they have the correct letter after their name - then we get crappy ineffective government.

You and the rest of the flock in both parties are the problem.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times
Wise people noted some time ago....Warren is the Ted Cruz of the Left, the leader of the Dem version of the Tea Party. Boundless ambition, zero principles, the public be damned. Now we have seen.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:12 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Why, they supposedly had a CR, this no vote seemed to have some substance and history.
Substance isn't based upon your position. Just because her beliefs are different than someone else's doesn't make voting no, right or wrong.

But as I said, we will see if she is willing to stand on principle or not. I'm betting not, but I hope she surprises me.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:29 PM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Substance isn't based upon your position. Just because her beliefs are different than someone else's doesn't make voting no, right or wrong.

But as I said, we will see if she is willing to stand on principle or not. I'm betting not, but I hope she surprises me.
Her position was based on substance, and she has not actually voted no at this point. There were 57 democrats that voted yes but 67 republicans along with most of the democrats voted no to pass the house. Allowing the banks to have their way after everything that has transpired the last 6 years is certainly a worthwhile fight maybe not closing down the government but certainly worthy of debate.

This is not a done deal in the senate.
I continue to wonder which congressmen saw fit to put this in place along with the other 8 changes to Dodd-Frank, who exactly saw this as a worthy issue. Additionally they have moved from budgeting to writing policy in this bill, should we just get rid of the other committees and just let them run the entire show.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:39 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Politicians have to be the biggest scumbags on the planet second only to ambulance chasing/trial lawyers.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Her position was based on substance, and she has not actually voted no at this point. There were 57 democrats that voted yes but 67 republicans along with most of the democrats voted no to pass the house. Allowing the banks to have their way after everything that has transpired the last 6 years is certainly a worthwhile fight maybe not closing down the government but certainly worthy of debate.
I disagree and it's the problem I have with her so far. All talk. I want to see some real action out of her.

Quote:
This is not a done deal in the senate.
I continue to wonder which congressmen saw fit to put this in place along with the other 8 changes to Dodd-Frank, who exactly saw this as a worthy issue. Additionally they have moved from budgeting to writing policy in this bill, should we just get rid of the other committees and just let them run the entire show.
I hope it embarrassingly blows up in Boehner's face.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Politicians have to be the biggest scumbags on the planet second only to ambulance chasing/trial lawyers.
I agree and that's why I had a good laugh when liberal media and Obamabots were acting like, even some saying Obama was the messiah. Fools! All of them.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:19 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
I hope it embarrassingly blows up in Boehner's face.
I hope it does too.

Elizabeth Warren was full of fear mongering BS when she made the anarchy, children dying, lead poisoning, etc...claims that a shutdown can "never be justified."

I would love another shutdown if it led to some compromises to address this mess: U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree and that's why I had a good laugh when liberal media and Obamabots were acting like, even some saying Obama was the messiah. Fools! All of them.
Those same Obamabot fools are now excusing Elizabeth Warren's blatant hypocrisy on shutdowns.

I maintain that Obama has been a poor president, by in large from the flock excusing his every lie, excusing his out-Bushing Bush on issues he complained about Bush on, etc... Obama has had negligible pressure at best to be honest and make tough choices on policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies