Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:09 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times

Advertisements

Last year the biggest lie of 2013 was Obamas' "If you like your health care plan you can......etc etc"

Although the top three lies of 2014 are unranked, two of the three biggest lies of the year were told by Obama. One involving his ISIS JV quote (if you said your quote, you can keep your quote) - the other was about the Republicans propensity for filibustering.

Rand Paul also told a doozy as well, and rounds out the top three political lies of the year.

Congratulations again Mr President.

Paul - not good. Not good at all. Obama will soon be a has-been. But Paul is a wanna-be, and if he keeps telling such lies he will be a never-was.

The biggest Pinocchios of 2014 - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,161 times
I can almost hear it now:

"The Nobel Prize for Lying goes to.......................Barack Obama."

Old 12-17-2014, 07:30 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Last year the biggest lie of 2013 was Obamas' "If you like your health care plan you can......etc etc"

Although the top three lies of 2014 are unranked, two of the three biggest lies of the year were told by Obama. One involving his ISIS JV quote (if you said your quote, you can keep your quote) - the other was about the Republicans propensity for filibustering.

Rand Paul also told a doozy as well, and rounds out the top three political lies of the year.

Congratulations again Mr President.

Paul - not good. Not good at all. Obama will soon be a has-been. But Paul is a wanna-be, and if he keeps telling such lies he will be a never-was.

The biggest Pinocchios of 2014 - The Washington Post
Ok--so it is obvious you have an agenda. Still, you post an article and omit half of it.

"House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) either inflated or deflated the numbers to a ridiculous extent."

"Russian President Vladimir Putin gets a special international honor (or dishonor) for his speech on Crimea."

"Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.), equating school lunches to an “empty soul,” told an evocative and supposedly true story...Ryan later said he regretted failing to verify the tall tale."

"David Perdue (R), ran ads claiming that the Points of Light Foundation once run by Michelle Nunn, his Democratic opponent in Georgia’s Senate race, “funded organizations linked to terrorists.” His evidence was only a leaked campaign plan for Nunn that said that this would be a bogus attack by Republicans. There was no terrorist link."

"The imagery of this National Rifle Association ad lands it on this list...But even the NRA’s own lawyers acknowledged that nothing in the bill would have prevented the mother in this ad from buying a weapon to defend herself, even on short notice."

“There’s been a net loss of people with health insurance”
– House Speaker John Boehner, March 13
Nope. Boehner added apples and then subtracted oranges. At the point he made the statement, it was clear that the net gain was in the millions."

“Only 64,000 Kentuckians have enrolled in Obamacare private plans, far fewer than 280,000 who received notices their plans were canceled.”
– Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), March 29
Nope. The 280,000 was an outdated number, and also did not include just individual plans. The number of individual policies affected by the law was about 100,000, and most never ended up getting notices in the first place."

I realize some of you love to credit Obama and the Dems with everything, but there are enough lies from the right to spread the credit around.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaws View Post
Here is the list in the article:
1. Obama
2. Rand Paul (R)
3. Obama
4. Paul Ryan (R)
5. Alison Lundergan Grimes (D)
6. David Perdue (R)
7. Agenda Project Action Fund
8. National Rifle Association (also on last year's list)

So neither of you read the details? You went straight to pictures from a headline?

I quote from the article:
Quote:
In compiling this list, which has no particular order, we primarily focused on claims that had earned four Pinocchios during the year. We also tried to focus on issues of broad interest, such as terrorism, health care and the size of government. To keep it simple, we have shortened the quotes in the headlines. To read the full column, click on the link embedded in the quote.

Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM

33,569 posts, read 18,152,594 times
As many times as I have heard Obama lie I am surprised he isn't in all ten spots. Maybe they are tired of listening to his lies.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
As many times as I have heard Obama lie I am surprised he isn't in all ten spots. Maybe they are tired of listening to his lies.

"YOU THINK" Or his many changing lies!

Old 12-18-2014, 03:46 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times
Moonbats will not hold him responsible. I haven't read any responses but I bet the moonbats decry others that lied, your source etc.. You have the leader of the free world that is a known pathalogical liar and moonbats just accept it as normal because it matches their value or lack of value system. Makes my stomach turn and this is the President of what once was the greatest nation on the planet until they destroyed it in 6 short years.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:38 AM

26,483 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Those "lies" were told by many Democrats first.

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

Obama has got Bush beat, who not only lied about how his own mother died, he continued the lie after being caught in the lie. He knows the sheep follow the shepherd regardless and there is no point in telling the truth when lies are excused.

https://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpres.../15/obama-252/

What Obama didn

St. Pete for Peace - Obama fact sheet

‘The Road We’ve Traveled:’ A misleading account of Obama’s mother and her insurance dispute - The Washington Post

Old 12-18-2014, 04:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,181,556 times
Change......I guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies