Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 12:09 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,795,162 times

Advertisements

Conservatives are so quick to condemn the Mayor. He expressed an opinion on how to handle a specific law enforcement issue. He didn't ask his constituents using subtle language to "kill cops." But where were they when Gabby Gifford's was shot?

This same thing happened recently in Lakewood NJ. No mayor asked for it to happen. No Mayor said anything to encourage it. There is already an existing animosity between the police and public based on the way they handle law enforcement in some communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 12:15 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,533,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Conservatives are so quick to condemn the Mayor. He expressed an opinion on how to handle a specific law enforcement issue. He didn't ask his constituents using subtle language to "kill cops." But where were they when Gabby Gifford's was shot?

This same thing happened recently in Lakewood NJ. No mayor asked for it to happen. No Mayor said anything to encourage it. There is already an existing animosity between the police and public based on the way they handle law enforcement in some communities.
That image is pathetic. This isn't the only example. Sharron Angle made a similar statement regarding "Second Amendment remedies" for "taking Harry Reid out." I've seen protest signs, in Washington, stating, "We came unarmed...this time."

I'll never support anyone who suggests violence as an alternative to the democratic process.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:20 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,024,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Actually, I thought it was a perfect time.

It was a huge symbolic gesture reflecting how they feel the mayor has treated them.

There was no swearing, no yelling, no vulgarities, no chants of "who do we want? the mayor! how do we want him? thrown out of office!" ... I think they got their point across perfectly with absolutely no disruptions of any kind.

I thought it was great. DeBlasio was treated with the respect from cops he deserved.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:23 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
A clear case of insubordination. Fire the ring leader and discipline every single officer that turned their backs on their Commander-In-Chief. Upset that the Mayor took a different position on the Eric Garner case, police figured they'd get back at the Mayor by turning their backs on him.

Didn't these officers take an Oath to be subordinate and show the proper respect towards senior leadership and their Mayor as Commander-In-Chief?

NYPD cops turn their backs on de Blasio - CNN.com Video

as a daughter of a cop I am GLAD they did this
let them TRY to do something after this frigging POS mayor let these frigging
*******s take over the city of NY
Screaming DEAD COPS
help stir the hate with his own words
what the hell is he doing
HIDING!!! he has NOT even had the respect to meet with the family of these officers
and someone is worried about insubordination????
Give me a break!!!!

Old 12-22-2014, 12:25 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,548,562 times
Confirms the fact that they only look out for themselves and not the public.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If it hasn't been said already, there is a time and a place for the police to make a statement to the mayor, but not when they are in uniform and the mayor is in a public place. If they mayor had been attacked, killed or injured during that impromptu protest we would have been having an entirely different discussion.

BULL SHI^
that was the PERFECT time!!
I support the a thousand percent!!!!!!!
if the mayor had been killed, I would NOT shed one tear
he is now in hiding he has not even shown respect to the officers family with a phone call

********** POS along with Sharpton who is shaking in his boots demanding POLICE protection!!
fuc& that race *****

Old 12-22-2014, 12:29 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,328,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Confirms the fact that they only look out for themselves and not the public.
So, when they respond to an armed robbery in progress they're doing it for themselves?

Old 12-22-2014, 12:30 PM

CNN is also to blame!!!!!

Old 12-22-2014, 12:38 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post

are you suggesting sarah palin advocated assassinating people in multiple states?

Old 12-22-2014, 12:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
That image is pathetic. This isn't the only example. Sharron Angle made a similar statement regarding "Second Amendment remedies" for "taking Harry Reid out." I've seen protest signs, in Washington, stating, "We came unarmed...this time."

I'll never support anyone who suggests violence as an alternative to the democratic process.
You most likely do. We aren't even a country without resorting to violence. We tried the democratic process for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies