Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times

Advertisements

I assume many/most of us have friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are black/white (the opposite of whatever you are). I'm also going to guess that many of us here feel (you may or may not) that race relations have taken a backward step in the last few years.

Have your feelings on the macro state of race relations in the US impacted your more personal dealings with people of another race?

Do you care?

On the micro level, mine have not, but on the macro level, I've definitely become more cynical and negative towards hood rats, protesters and race baiters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 06:49 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Your gubbement wants you to think its all about race and not about what its doing.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
I used to feel sorry for Black people who had to deal with Jim Crow. Not anymore. The decent ones ain't the problem at all: the hood rats and their fans, especially after Ferguson and that mess in the restaurants in NYC, they need to be put in their place. Period.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:18 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,471 times
#HispanicLivesMatter
#AsianLivesMatter
#NativeLivesMatter

Old 01-06-2015, 07:19 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,983,727 times
When I was active military, I had several "other race" friends.
When I lived and worked in Seattle, I had several "other race" friends.
Now, where I currently live, while I see "other race" people now and then, we do not move in the same circles and there are no such people with which I am acquainted.

So, no, race relations are not high on my list of concerns.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times
There are no "race relations."

White people never liked black people. Now most white people can look past that. The few racists still exist as the vocal minority.

Black people are the same they have always been.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:32 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I assume many/most of us have friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are black/white (the opposite of whatever you are). I'm also going to guess that many of us here feel (you may or may not) that race relations have taken a backward step in the last few years.

Have your feelings on the macro state of race relations in the US impacted your more personal dealings with people of another race?

Do you care?

On the micro level, mine have not, but on the macro level, I've definitely become more cynical and negative towards hood rats, protesters and race baiters.
I not only have black friends/neighbors/acquaintances -- I have family members. Race Relations HAVE taken giant steps back in the Obama Era - it doesn't impact any of my personal dealings with any of the above. It's difficult to watch all this nonsense and not become cynical about what they are doing. I also find it incredibly sad to see this march backwards. I marched for Civil Rights in the 60's - I wouldn't even open my front door for these idiots.

Look at the total craziness:
War on Brunch
War on Shoppers
War on 100 year old WWII Veterans
War on Traffic
War on Police
War on 'whitey'
Burning, Looting, destruction of Black Business
Protestor leadership caught looting and setting fires.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:44 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Look at the total craziness:
War on Brunch
War on Shoppers
War on 100 year old WWII Veterans
War on Traffic
War on Police
War on 'whitey'
Burning, Looting, destruction of Black Business
Protestor leadership caught looting and setting fires.
Strawman, Strawman, Strawman, Strawman, ....... Strawman.

You made up "War on X"

The protesters haven't waged war on anything. They are voicing their displeasure with the criminal justice system. You're the one dreaming up these war scenarios (with the help of Fox News).

Reminds me of that "War on Christmas" everyone is talking about.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Reminds me of that "War on Christmas" everyone is talking
about.
Almost as silly as the "War on Women".

Old 01-06-2015, 08:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Racism is a lot like car alarms. We've all grown so accustom to false car alarms, that we never pay attention to them going off any more. Sure, cars are still broken into with real alarms sounding, but the noise of false alarms has drowned them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies