Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 07:38 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Too bad no one can ask that executed French policeman as he raised his hands in surrender just before he was shot with an Kalishnikov.

How's that no restrictions at all on guns policy working here? Too bad no one can ask any of those school children just before they were shot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 07:43 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Blah blah blah.

You got links or not?

I've provided a source.
You have provided no source. You are just too stubborn to admit you're wrong. You are free to believe what you want, but, as a part french who was raised all over France, I know what I'm talking about. I will not follow you in the twilight where France only had two handgun homicides last year.

But since, you really want me to google it for you, here it is :

Let me google it for you (Like I said, 5 handgun homicides for a period of 2 months, and most are not reported on the web)

You can't even read what's is written on the INSEE website. If you could, you would still deny the truth.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:48 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
You have provided no source. You are just too stubborn to admit you're wrong. You are free to believe what you want, but, as a part french who was raised all over France, I know what I'm talking about. I will not follow you in the twilight where France only had two handgun homicides last year.
I did provide a source, the WHO report. I sourced my numbers.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong, you've done nothing to prove I'm wrong except provide your own say-so and tell me to google it.

But yet again passing up the opportunity to simply prove me wrong and put this to rest leads me to believe you got nothing but bravado. Bravado don't prove squat to me.

Now are you trying to play word games to get out on a technicality? I said what they averaged, last years statistics are obviously not going to be compiled yet as we're 10 days into this year and that's not usually how it works. We'll see last years stats probably late this year at the earliest.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:51 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
I did provide a source, the WHO report. I sourced my numbers.

I'm not admitting I'm wrong, you've done nothing to prove I'm wrong except provide your own say-so and tell me to google it.

But yet again passing up the opportunity to simply prove me wrong and put this to rest leads me to believe you got nothing but bravado. Bravado don't prove squat to me.

Now are you trying to play word games to get out on a technicality? I said what they averaged, last years statistics are obviously not going to be compiled yet as we're 10 days into this year and that's not usually how it works. We'll see last years stats probably late this year at the earliest.
I have edited my previous post with the google link for you. I am sure you can use google translate if you have a hard time understanding what's written.

France has never compiled data by type of firearm used, last year, or before. You are embarrassing yourself as all readers can verify by themselves with the google search that several handguns homicides were committed last year from october to december.

And without a link, this so called WHO report is moot.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post

But since, you really want me to google it for you, here it is :

Let me google it for you (Like I said, 5 handgun homicides for a period of 2 months, and most are not reported on the web)

You can't even read what's is written on the INSEE website. If you could, you would still deny the truth.
Let's see your first page:

Two old forum postings from 2010.

Three encyclopedias.

Two stories of handgun homicides.

Three stories about the same rifle homicide.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
No mass shooting in the last 30 years in the United States has been stopped by a civilian shooting the perp.
Perhaps because those perpetrators have continued to choose locations like children's or college classrooms, or cities like Chicago and Wash. DC, that have strict gun limitations and therefore likely won't offer a counter threat to them?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:03 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,067 times
Quote:
Pretty good overall. They'll still have about 10,000 less gun deaths in 2015 than we will.
And about 250 million less in population.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
And about 250 million less in population.
Already addressed. Try reading the whole thread.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
There was just an article where a gun store was robbed in Kansas. The owner was killed along with two of the would-be thieves. If you think about it you can't get more armed than a gun store and it still did not prevent the store from being robbed or the owner being killed. The idea that more guns prevents more gun violence is pure balderdash.

Business owner killed, three suspects injured in robbery-gone-bad at Shawnee gun store | The Kansas City Star
That one instance is representative of the entire environment, and all consideration for it nationwide? You cannot possibly fathom the number of crimes NOT committed because a perp felt he might be facing equal firepower.

More useful are the studies showing states that pass CC laws show a decrease in crime, which makes sense to the rational.

Just like you are less likely to speed if you suspect a cop around the bend with a radar/laser gun, a criminal will be less motivated to commit a crime if there is a strong possibility they will face someone with a gun.

This is pretty basic stuff, you know, like human nature...

Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The 30 thousand people a year who die from gunshot wounds say hi.
Uh, how many of those were black-on-black street gang/drug violence where they were sprayed with automatic fire? Would the animals doing that have been stopped by any laws? Interesting how so many of those are in places LIKE DC, Chicago and LA which have the strictest gun laws in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies