Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 10:10 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,448 times

Advertisements

Who are blacks going to blame as America's demographics continue to change, the Mexicans?

Old 01-18-2015, 10:15 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
How many black people do you know that have three kids by the time they graduate? And I'm assuming this is high school you're referring to? Lol.

Poverty is largely a mental obstacle. A lot of people in poverty simply don't know anything besides being in that condition, and they have to change their mindset in order to get ahead. This goes for all ethnicities. Being black, I can say that a lot of us that don't grow up well off only see three options to reach wealth. Sports, the entertainment industry, and drug trafficking. We don't go to schools that teach money management (or with teachers that care about us in the first place), we're not told to invest, we don't understand anything about passive income, etc. Is that really our fault though? A lot of blacks are simply not afforded the same opportunities early on in life.

From my high school alone, there was probably 30 black girls that had 3 or more kids... I grew up in a predominantly black school, I am not white BTW. I have to say though I agree with your second paragraph more or less. and It go back to parenting or the lack thereof. I do agree that inner city schools need more money to better educate those in poorer neighborhoods.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:18 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
Go tell that to the white girl living in the hood on welfare with six kids who has five different black gang banging babies father. If you can't challenge my opinion stop deflecting the conversation with prejudice and racism.
LOL Can you not read? My second sentence plainly says it is not JUST the black community that is suffering in poverty right now. Jeesh RUN don' walk to the nearest hospital to seek help, you seem like you have an imbalance of some sort!

Old 01-18-2015, 10:34 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
ALL lives matter. The lack of understanding by anarchic protestors does not justify their anarchy no matter what justification they hang on it. The fact that Muslim terrorists raided the equivalent of Mad Magazine in France is very telling. France did not protest the firing of hundreds of rockets into Israel.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:51 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
How many black people do you know that have three kids by the time they graduate? And I'm assuming this is high school you're referring to? Lol.

Poverty is largely a mental obstacle. A lot of people in poverty simply don't know anything besides being in that condition, and they have to change their mindset in order to get ahead. This goes for all ethnicities. Being black, I can say that a lot of us that don't grow up well off only see three options to reach wealth. Sports, the entertainment industry, and drug trafficking. We don't go to schools that teach money management (or with teachers that care about us in the first place), we're not told to invest, we don't understand anything about passive income, etc. Is that really our fault though? A lot of blacks are simply not afforded the same opportunities early on in life.
I love this one. A lot of immigrants that came here are in worst condition and never had the chance or opportunities as even blacks here. They came to this country with NOTHING. No social services and no place to stay but they made it through hard work, perseverance, and knowing not to break the law or else they could face deportation.

They know nothing about investing and all they were told by their parents is that you have to work hard and save your money.

All I read and hear from blacks is how their opportunities aren't the same yet they have to go out and commit crimes because they know white people will forgive them. White people have given blacks a lot of chances and opportunities.

And just remember only less than 1% of the population gets to become high paying athletes, it's even less for entertainment industry. Sure drug trafficking is easy but once you are in, there's no turning back. Being arrested is nothing, being shot dead by a rival is more likely to happen.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I love this one. A lot of immigrants that came here are in worst condition and never had the chance or opportunities as even blacks here. They came to this country with NOTHING. No social services and no place to stay but they made it through hard work, perseverance, and knowing not to break the law or else they could face deportation.
They came here voluntarily.

Quote:
They know nothing about investing and all they were told by their parents is that you have to work hard and save your money.

All I read and hear from blacks is how their opportunities aren't the same yet they have to go out and commit crimes because they know white people will forgive them. White people have given blacks a lot of chances and opportunities.
All I see here is white arrogance. Whites also brutalized Africans and their descendants for four centuries, told them they were inferior and could not live near them, go to school with them or even lie dead in the grave next to them, and then wonder why black folks in many ways live in a world that is different from theirs.

Quote:
And just remember only less than 1% of the population gets to become high paying athletes, it's even less for entertainment industry. Sure drug trafficking is easy but once you are in, there's no turning back. Being arrested is nothing, being shot dead by a rival is more likely to happen.
Great. So please tell those whites who don't want to live near blacks or work with them not to expect things to improve overall.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They came here voluntarily.
Nobody said you have to stay here, plenty of immigrants eventually leave here and went back because they either couldn't make it here or they did well enough to bring money back.

Quote:
All I see here is white arrogance. Whites also brutalized Africans and their descendants for four centuries, told them they were inferior and could not live near them, go to school with them or even lie dead in the grave next to them, and then wonder why black folks in many ways live in a world that is different from theirs.
It's not happening today and certainly many blacks have it better today and many ways to improve their situation.

Quote:
Great. So please tell those whites who don't want to live near blacks or work with them not to expect things to improve overall.
What would whites living and working with black do anything to improve blacks? You sound like blacks must depend on whites to improve their situation. That is categorically the reason why blacks are in the state they are in.

I give you examples that ethnic neighborhoods thrive because they have peaceful hard working people. They don't depend on white people.

Last edited by vision33r; 01-18-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 01-18-2015, 01:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
LOL. It's the classic I'm a victim of the Blond Haired, Blue Eyed, Evil Devils, spending all their time doing nothing but keeping the Black Man down, routine.

Then there is the contradictory lunacy of getting upset because such devils don't want you for neighbors. It's a broken record. Nobody believes it anymore including many many Blacks who have made something of themselves.

As long as you see yourself as an oppressed minority, then this is all that you will ever be.

Old 01-18-2015, 01:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Nobody said you have to stay here, plenty of immigrants eventually leave here and went back because they either couldn't make it here or they did well enough to bring money back.
There is a difference between African Americans and immigrants. We belong here. This country needs to realize that we have been here for centuries, and we are not going anywhere - because we have nowhere to go.

Quote:
It's not happening today and certainly many blacks have it better today and many ways to improve their situation.
"It" continues to happen, and even if it didn't, the aftereffects of the centuries of subjugation won't go away in less than half a century.

Quote:
What would whites living and working with black do anything to improve blacks? You sound like blacks must depend on whites to improve their situation. That is categorically the reason why blacks are in the state they are in.
While whites can survive and live their entire lives in this society without encountering or dealing with blacks, the converse is not true. Unfortunately for us (at least when dealing with the notions you perpetuate), we have to deal with whites to survive. It's simple numbers.

Quote:
I give you examples that ethnic neighborhoods thrive because they have peaceful hard working people. They don't depend on white people.
Sure they don't. Who goes to Chinese restaurants? The vast majority of customers are not Asian.

There are peaceful and hard-working people in every racial and ethnic group. The majority, in fact. Being peaceful and hard-working isn't enough to assure success.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
There is a difference between African Americans and immigrants. We belong here. This country needs to realize that we have been here for centuries, and we are not going anywhere - because we have nowhere to go.
Sure, you have a right to be here but if you knew your ancestry tree you should also feel obligated to visit.

What I find interesting is that of all the races out there, white, latin, asian, and only blacks are the only ones that don't want to visit their own ancestry roots.

Quote:
While whites can survive and live their entire lives in this society without encountering or dealing with blacks, the converse is not true. Unfortunately for us (at least when dealing with the notions you perpetuate), we have to deal with whites to survive. It's simple numbers.
This is false, there are some that immigrants that rarely ever step out of their own neighborhoods for their entire life and they don't ever deal with whites unless they have to.

Quote:
There are peaceful and hard-working people in every racial and ethnic group. The majority, in fact. Being peaceful and hard-working isn't enough to assure success.
Then what is your argument for success? If it requires not being hard-working and bring chaos to a neighborhood then the results are pretty self-explanatory for all these ghettos.

Hard-work does not guarantee success but it is the path towards success and paving the way for others.

If your entire premise on why blacks aren't successful because they can't emulate the same level of success as whites then I can assure you that successful blacks will disagree with your POV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies