Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,797,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I did. That is why I posted it. You get to come to your own conclusion. Not just from some number thrown out there by a D.C. flunky.
So, I gather from the article, you figured out how much you really owe.
YOu made an omission from the article headline that vastly misstated its message.

The first line is "Fact Checker"

So you apparently deliberately mislead your audience as to what you were citing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 04:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
YOu made an omission from the article headline that vastly misstated its message.

So you apparently deliberately mislead your audience as to what you were citing.
I made no ommission. It is against TOS to copy & paste too much.
Then tell us all.... What do we really owe?

Last edited by BentBow; 01-26-2015 at 04:37 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 06:44 AM

8,413 posts, read 7,407,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
See in Red
BentBow, about the only thing that we seem to agree upon is that the federal government needs to gradually cut defense spending, which is a significant shift away from your original post.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:03 AM

59,014 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So what do you propose we do with seniors who need healthcare. We are living longer and we have doctors taking advantage
How about the gov't does it job?

If we eliminate most of the waste fraud and abuse in ALL gov't programs we would have the money and NOT have to borrow.

Then again I don't think you really care.

All you want to do is throw out inflammatory rhetoric.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:55 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,988,983 times
Quote:
[/b]

So what do you propose we do with seniors who need healthcare. We are living longer and we have doctors taking advantage
We need to euthanize all who can't contribute to our glorious Reich, and I have it on good advice from a Dr, Mengele! It's for the good of the American race you know.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:48 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
[/b]

We should definitely bankrupt everyone with false promises that you can have everything you want.

And then we can dispense with the idea that "wanting" something means you have a right to it.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:49 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,967,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How about the gov't does it job?

If we eliminate most of the waste fraud and abuse in ALL gov't programs we would have the money and NOT have to borrow.

Then again I don't think you really care.

All you want to do is throw out inflammatory rhetoric.
No, we just stop having the government pretend it can buy for us what we can't afford for ourselves.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
BentBow, about the only thing that we seem to agree upon is that the federal government needs to gradually cut defense spending, which is a significant shift away from your original post.

You seem amazed that we could agree.
I don't care what party anyone is with. I will hold them accountable as an individual.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
[/b]

How about we encourage people to start saving that money, thus resulting in assets, rather than debts. Nahhh, dont want to do that..

Old 01-27-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

An omission, from something I never intended or even did? The article headline was not in my thoughts.
What I probably should have included, was a ? after 128 Trillion, in the subject title, for those that just wanted a personal conflict to reply to.

With all that said, what are our nations unfunded liabilities and what is it going to cost?

Does it mean that by the time we get there to fund it, are were not going to be 17 trillion in the hole, or will it climb to match the unfunded stuff.

We cannot even pay that ahead. What kind of debt are we talking here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies