Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 09:36 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most countries have drug laws, including those that have mostly a single race population.
Uh, relevancy?

Like the guy suggested, maybe you should read a book on how marijuana was made illegal. It was done to protect special interests such as Du Pont, Anslinger, etc... and they used racial tactics to get people to support banning it.

There are many historians who think cannabis would have never been banned if they had called it cannabis when they wrote legislation against it... they specifically chose the little known at the time, Mexican slang word for it on purpose... and the propaganda was VERY racist.

There was official government sponsored propaganda that openly said that pot should be banned because it will make white women have intercourse with minorities.

Also, what does the percentage of people who share a race in a country have to do with racism levels... at all? If a country is 100% one race, the people can't be racist? Heck, racism seems MORE likely in that case, because they are only exposed to their own race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 09:45 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
To me legalization of mj would have to be coupled with reversing course from socialized medicine. Legalization will mean increased use, and increased health problems. That's fine if the user pays for his/her health care, but not if I as a taxpayer have to pay for it.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:55 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Drug use doesn't make someone a bad person. I thank goodness that my parents were honest with me about substances and gave me all the information, they told me I had to make choices and that they were MY choices... as a result I have never tried anything more intense than alcohol or pot. I consume the drugs I do choose responsibly.

I credit my parents 80% with my responsible nature. It is what they taught me.
I never it was.
Harder drugs are not good for you at all.
Some kids do it anyway.
People fear change.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:33 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,501,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
To me legalization of mj would have to be coupled with reversing course from socialized medicine. Legalization will mean increased use, and increased health problems. That's fine if the user pays for his/her health care, but not if I as a taxpayer have to pay for it.
Except that science says your assumption is patently false.

Legalizing pot has not spurred use among U.S. teens: study

Study: Legalization of marijuana has not led to increased use among young adults

People just assume that usage would increase with no evidence to back the claim. A great majority of cannabis users use the drug whether or not it is legal already. The usage would stay mostly the same, but violence would not be used on peaceful people for ingesting a substance.

I am against socialized medicine, and we should argue against it because it is immoral to take peoples money under the threat of violence to give it to others... but I don't see how it can be used as an argument against legalization. (Especially when moderate cannabis ingestion is a healthy habit.)

Old 01-28-2015, 10:44 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You paid anyway with illegals or when someone cannot paid uses the ER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies