Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I have the right to bring back eradicated diseases using my kids
Yes 5 13.89%
No 31 86.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 12:52 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
When have an actual outbreak of something deadly IE small pox and at the time it was happening you wanted to do something then and I can understand maybe a state depending on the problem could consider a mandatory school vac. Small pox is just not going to show up unless someone puts it into the system and it would just jump to every town and city over night. I dont think in a free society government should mandate shots because of the corruption and dangers powers that concept of law over children and adults. Now funding and or the option to have it and a campaign to inform a nation would something that can protect parents and children who believe that will be the best method for the protection of the disease, virus etc. I dont think you can claim this is safe and protecting everyone if free individual people are forced to take a drug into their system without recourse and without their right to their bodies, life and personal health.

This is the same issue I have with the flu shot.
It is well established US law that the public health authorities have sufficient authority to compel virtually anything and there is no appeal. The country long since decided that there is no right to infect or risk creating an infection.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:54 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
This is the crux isn't it. I'd wondered... the "some people can't be vaccinated". My precious child can't be vaccinated so everyone else's child better be... I'm not buying it. When an entire classroom comes down with measles because of one unvaccinated child, and all these parents want to take the unvaccinated child's parents out behind the schoolhouse and shoot them, I want to ask... WTF... if your child is vaccinated and falls ill.... shouldn't you be going after the pharmaceutical company that made a lousy product? How does this always come down to everybody (except me or mine) should be vaccinated!!! I really need to understand this. I had planned to start a thread about it actually but it seems like it is a hot topic today. So, help a brother out. Tell me why it is so vitally important that everybody else should vaccinate their children and themselves, and what makes you special that you shouldn't. I.e. what actual medical conditions make vaccination unwise.

H
Just because someone who is vaccinated and gets a disease doesn't mean the product is lousy. Not every person has the same level of immunity and therefore the vaccine will work differently for them. The parents blaming the ignorant parents of the unvaccinated child are blaming the correct party. Kids being treated for cancer can't get vaccinated. People who are undergoing cancer treatments also have weakened immunity which makes them susceptible to disease.

I think all kids should be vaccinated unless they are medically unfit to receive vaccinations. My kids have received all of their suggested vaccinations.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:59 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't put your gender-centric labels on us....they're offensive and derogatory.
Even hardcore commies break down on centrical issues.

Such Toilets Can Only Exist in Communist China… - Visboo.com

Which makes some more of a communist, and some less communist.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-30-2015 at 02:19 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Anti-vaxxers (aka idiots) are across the political spectrum.
So do you support every single vaccine ever produced by the corporate pharmaceutical companies? Do you believe every new vaccine they tell us is good should be immediately mandated by the Government for everyone? Is there any filter at all for you, or is it complete and absolute trust in all things corporate pharmaceutical? Seems to me that's no less kooky than being against all vaccines.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:18 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,224,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So do you support every single vaccine ever produced by the corporate pharmaceutical companies? Do you believe every new vaccine they tell us is good should be immediately mandated by the Government for everyone? Is there any filter at all for you, or is it complete and absolute trust in all things corporate pharmaceutical? Seems to me that's no less kooky than being against all vaccines.
I'll get my vaccinations at the suggestion of an AMA certified doctor, not Jenny McCarthy. I just received a number of vaccinations for a trip to South America about 5 months ago, no issues.

For all of the childhood vaccinations that have been around for decades, there is really no reason for anyone's kid to not get them unless their health is at risk doing so. They are safe and they do their job for the most part. They do their job much better when everyone is vaccinated.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
kind of slanted poll like many. I am for vaccination but not by force. the I also approve not making others exposed to those who choice not to like now.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:54 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
HyperVocal

As a mother, I put my parenting decisions above all else. Nobody knows my son better than me, and the choices I make about how to care for him are no one’s business but my own. So, when other people tell me how they think I should be raising my child, I simply can’t tolerate it. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I fully stand behind my choices as a mom, including my choice not to vaccinate my son, because it is my fundamental right as a parent to decide which eradicated diseases come roaring back.

Do do parents have the right to bring back polio, small pox, and measles from eradication?
Do you have a right to force someone to do something?

Yes / No

Choose one.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Children undergoing chemotherapy, or have an illness which causes compromised immune systems or are too young to have immunization therapy cannot have the vaccines for MMR, polio, etc. These kids are vulnerable to measles and all the other diseases for which they cannot have protection. If they catch these diseases from an unvaccinated child, it will be far more serious, often fatal for them.

In other parts of the world, people continued to die of these diseases, especially children. Here in Western Civilization these illnesses became out of sight out of mind. Now they are reappearing over here. Those who are not immunized by choice are getting sick but also those who were not immunized because their health would not permit it might be getting sick as well. They have no choice.

I had measles and chickenpox when I was a kid. So did my sisters. There were no vaccinations in those days. We were lucky we got to be at home to recuperate. It wasn't epidemic at the time we came down with these illnesses. Later on I remember when measles raged through our school the sick children were hospitalized and my entire school was like a ghost town. City ordinance proclaimed the kids had to go to the hospital where they were quarantined. That was the rule of those days. It was how the disease was kept from spreading.

Not all the kids made it back home. Measles were nothing to fool around with. Some cases are light and some are not. Children died. No one my age will ever forget those parts or our childhoods because those were an ingrained part of our childhood. Measles, Polio, Diphtheria, Chickenpox. All small-child killers which through the decades have been eradicated from parent's minds when vaccines to prevent them were discovered.

Sure, it's possible to have a reaction and have complications from the MMR immunizations or the Polio vaccines. I am not arguing that isn't possible. I believe that to be true in some rare cases.The thing is, there is a greater chance of dying from the diseases these vaccines prevent than the diseases themselves. As we can see, when people don't have their kids immunized these diseases do come back. So either way they are taking a chance on their kid's health. I think they are taking a bigger risk by not getting their kids immunized than just leaving it to chance that they won't get sick and maybe die.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
You can choose but they also have right to be guarded against you decisions.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:45 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
I just watched some crap story about a dad wanting to force everyone in his kids school to get all required vaccines because his kid is too sick to get them. Here's a novel idea - if you're kid is that sick and fragile then keep him home or send him to a special school or tutor until he gets better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies