Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 12:28 PM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ah so you admit it does NOTHING to change the climate or stop co2

look at your numbers :
total collected 1.2 mil
total redistributed 1.4 mill

in other words the government LOST .2 mill, and did NOTHING to change co2

thank you for posting, how this garbage works
You should have read the material I linked to....BC now has the lowest personal income tax rate in Canada and one of the lowest corporate rates in North America, too..... BC’s fuel consumption is also down. Over the past six years, the per-person consumption of fuels has dropped by 16% (although declines levelled off after the last tax increase in 2012). During that same period, per-person consumption in the rest of Canada rose by 3%. “Each year the evidence becomes stronger and stronger that the carbon tax is driving environmental gains,” says Stewart Elgie, an economics professor at University of Ottawa and head of Sustainable Prosperity, a pro-green think-tank. At the same time, BC’s economy has kept pace with the rest of the country. British Columbia's carbon tax: The evidence mounts | The Economist

There are other measures being taken by the people of BC. as well.
Solar Power | BC Sustainable Energy Association

Solar Colwood expands throughout the Capital Region | The City of Colwood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Prove it.
Actually the burden is on you to prove it....You made the original claim.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Can you tell me how global warming has affected you personally?

In fact, all the AGW pundits in here should explain how it has specifically affected them personally.
It is who it effects in the future that is of concern....You know, our kids, grandkids and great grandkids....It will not have much effect on you or I, but to ignore the issue is pretty short sighted, don't you think?

Old 02-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I've asked similar questions and they inevitably go ignored. It isn't so much answers, which are nonexistent, but the premise... the human need to be afraid of everything.

It was the humans which were afraid of everything that we evolved from. The humans that didn't worry about the noise in the bush, tended to become dinner for said noise.
Yes, humans have always been concerned about immediate dangers, but ignored future trouble....We are a short sighted species.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:52 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Wow, another "I get to type about a cause on my computer and/or iphone" thread.

When these threads are originating from a shared computer at a library, I'll start taking them more serious.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You should have read the material I linked to....BC now has the lowest personal income tax rate in Canada and one of the lowest corporate rates in North America, too.....
Cost-of-Living determinations include all taxes, not just the ones you like or don't like.

Paying $30 less in personal income taxes, but $90 more annually in carbon taxes is a net loss.

One of the reasons I said it would take me a few days to study the data, is that such taxes create Cost-Inflation, which artificially inflates the prices of goods and services.

In other words, your "personal income tax savings" are offset by paying higher other taxes, plus higher prices for goods and services.

The employment percentage for Canada is 61.3%

For Saskatchewan: 67.1% (3.7% UE Rate)
For Alberta: 69.3% (4.7% UE Rate)
For British Columbia: 59.3% (5.5% UE Rate)

Source: Statistics Canada

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sum...saveas-eng.cgi

You might do better without a carbon tax.

Not exactly impressive.....

Mircea

Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually the burden is on you to prove it....You made the original claim.
Your side is pushing the propaganda.

I can prove that I can stand on the beaches of NJ on the Atlantic ocean and high tide is still where it was when I was a kid.....40+ years ago. I have pictures of my aunts dock from them, which still stands.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Cost-of-Living determinations include all taxes, not just the ones you like or don't like.

Paying $30 less in personal income taxes, but $90 more annually in carbon taxes is a net loss.

One of the reasons I said it would take me a few days to study the data, is that such taxes create Cost-Inflation, which artificially inflates the prices of goods and services.

In other words, your "personal income tax savings" are offset by paying higher other taxes, plus higher prices for goods and services.

The employment percentage for Canada is 61.3%

For Saskatchewan: 67.1% (3.7% UE Rate)
For Alberta: 69.3% (4.7% UE Rate)
For British Columbia: 59.3% (5.5% UE Rate)

Source: Statistics Canada

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/sum...saveas-eng.cgi

You might do better without a carbon tax.

Not exactly impressive.....

Mircea
Where on earth did you come up with that $30 figure?

First of all there is a tax credit...The maximum annual payment amount for the period July 2015 to June 2016 is $115.50 for yourself, $115.50 for your spouse or common-law partner, and $34.50 per child ($115.50 for the first child in a single parent family).

How much you will receive depends upon the size of your family and your adjusted family net income.
Low Income Climate Action - Tax Credits

On top of that there is a reduction in income tax... The first two personal income tax bracket rates were reduced by 5 per cent effective January 1, 2008. That works out to a $94 reduction on the first tax bracket, and $232 on the second bracket....A person earning $70,000 will get a personal tax reduction of $326.

2008 Personal Income Tax Rates Canada | Canadian Income Tax Rates | Tax Calculator

Also a Northern and Rural Homeowner benefit of up to $200 as of the 2011 taxation year.

That is a hell of a lot more that the $30 you pulled from I know not where.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:12 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Do keep up. Its "climate disruption" now.
"Climate disruption." I like that!

Old 02-03-2015, 03:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:

What temperature in Degrees Kelvin or Fahrenheit is 15 microns?

Challenging...

Mircea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Your question doesn't even make sense.

Asking "What temperature is 15 microns" is as silly as asking "What speed is a kilometre?"

Let me guess - you've been reading some pseudoscience nonsense from a conspiracy website?
Quote:
It makes sense to those educated in science.

Evidently....

Mircea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
No. It doesn't make sense at all. But I'd be fascinated to see what your 'answer' is.

If you really knew anything about the physics of atmospheric heat transfer you wouldn't be asking such a nonsensical question.
So.... do you have an 'answer'?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies