Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2015, 06:41 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There is an old white fart in the hood who doesn't greet me when I greet him as he's walking his dog. I don't know why.
dont take anything into it, there a black man at the publix store, he very nice, very friendly , always asking people if they need anything. But sometime i just don't want to talk, not that he black but anybody. Grocer shopping is my time to think, to look. I just want to be left alone by everybody.

The dude walking the dog could be the same way, its his time to think. so just wave or knod and leave it at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 04:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Whites ended slavery throughout the world during the colonial period.

That's a fact.

Whites didn't have to end it, but they did.

No one else was about to end it.

It would probably still exist on a large scale if it hadn't been for whites.
Sure....but Europe certainly held on to their colonies, now didn't they?

Old 02-15-2015, 07:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Sure....but Europe certainly held on to their colonies, now didn't they?
Name me 1 place in Africa in 2015 that's still under any kind of European country control. I think the last 1 to be cut loose was Mozambique about 40 years ago.

OTOH: if "Black" Africa is so good; then its smart Nigerians and so on would STAY there and help built it up. But; their educated and taking care of business kind are moving TO "white" countries because life in those places is MUCH better. So much for "white" racism keeping Black people down.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Name me 1 place in Africa in 2015 that's still under any kind of European country control. I think the last 1 to be cut loose was Mozambique about 40 years ago.

OTOH: if "Black" Africa is so good; then its smart Nigerians and so on would STAY there and help built it up. But; their educated and taking care of business kind are moving TO "white" countries because life in those places is MUCH better. So much for "white" racism keeping Black people down.
Africa wouldn't need to be built up if Europeans didn't spend the last five centuries pillaging its human and natural resources.

Old 02-15-2015, 08:51 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Africa wouldn't need to be built up if Europeans didn't spend the last five centuries pillaging its human and natural resources.
If it wasn't for European colonization, most African people would still be living in mud huts today. Of course, colonization brought some problems but they would be even worse off than they are today.

The honorable James David Manning once said "Africans never built one boat that was sea worthy"

Old 02-15-2015, 09:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Whites ended slavery throughout the world during the colonial period.

That's a fact.

Whites didn't have to end it, but they did.

No one else was about to end it.

It would probably still exist on a large scale if it hadn't been for whites.
Like I said, no dap, no credit, no brownie points.

Nothing.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:57 PM

12,043 posts, read 8,425,882 times
Quote:
This is way off topic now. Your argument is outdated and I'd like to say why. Many of the young, educated Africans view your argument as an excuse used by their leaders to keep from being accountable to their people. It holds little credibility after being used for so many years with little signs of improvement.

When the colonists left they left behind an infrastructure - roads, bridges, railways, Universities and schools all of which were ransacked and allowed to fall into disrepair rather than be used to further advance the population.

It is the African leaders, themselves, who now visit the exploitation and abuse upon their own people to the point of starvation and genocide while they grow rich. The entire First World has been sending aid and money for decades to help the African people but the corrupt conditions make it nearly possible for the assistance to reach the people for whom it is intended.

And Africa still has immense human and natural resources but now has allowed China to come in and take the place the European colonists once held. No wonder any sane, educated person wants to leave.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
If it wasn't for European colonization, most African people would still be living in mud huts today. Of course, colonization brought some problems but they would be even worse off than they are today.

The honorable James David Manning once said "Africans never built one boat that was sea worthy"
They lived on a continent rich with every possible resource readily available.

Why would they need a boat to go anywhere?

The folks that needed to build boats (because they lived in overpopulated hellholes with dwindling resources) are the ones that built them.

And Africans would definitely be better off had colonization never happened.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
This is way off topic now. Your argument is outdated and I'd like to say why. Many of the young, educated Africans view your argument as an excuse used by their leaders to keep from being accountable to their people. It holds little credibility after being used for so many years with little signs of improvement.

When the colonists left they left behind an infrastructure - roads, bridges, railways, Universities and schools all of which were ransacked and allowed to fall into disrepair rather than be used to further advance the population.

It is the African leaders, themselves, who now visit the exploitation and abuse upon their own people to the point of starvation and genocide while they grow rich. The entire First World has been sending aid and money for decades to help the African people but the corrupt conditions make it nearly possible for the assistance to reach the people for whom it is intended.

And Africa still has immense human and natural resources but now has allowed China to come in and take the place the European colonists once held. No wonder any sane, educated person wants to leave.
Anything the colonists built, they built for themselves...not for the natives.

If they'd been actually building with the idea of sharing these resources, they wouldn't have been run out of Africa.

The artificial borders they created are continuing to haunt the continent.

So like Lucario said, the continent was set up for failure by centuries of cruelty, subjugation, and European meddling in local tribal affairs.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:41 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This is a very ignorant, blanket statement.How many White people do you know or interact with on a daily basis? I live in a state that is 92% White and people here are absolutely nothing like what you describe.

This thread really makes me ashamed of being a "minority"- a large percentage of minorities in this country are extremely ignorant and uneducated.

i have found that even white people who surround themselves with blacks have been socialized in a certain way and hold certain beliefs that are the result of white supremacy. I notice, for example, a lot of white women and men who date black people acknowledge that their is a premium placed on their whiteness. i have seen overweight, plain white women pursue very attractive black men and attempt, sometimes successfully, to compete with attractive black women for these men. sometimes it works, but what is interesting to see is when it doesn't work. many believe their whiteness entitles them to the attention of all black men. some black men aren't interested. i once told a black man who was pursuing me that my white female friend was interested in him and he asked, "do you think she is attractive?" i have also been hit on by some very entitled, old, and unattractive white men in my lifetime. some have said things to me i suspect they would be afraid to say to a young, attractive white woman. they thought their premium whiteness made me more attainable. white supremacy manifests itself in a million ways in america.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies