Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 09:38 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Racist to the bone for playing hard? stop it. LOL...

Pretty sure JRW runs up the score on anyone they play who can't get 3 outs. We have no idea if they were hitting homeruns or if Evergreen was throwing ball after ball and walking a ton of runs in.

The ump or coaches should have stopped the game. That isn't on the kids.

A woman has come forward and said Evergreen Parks filled out her sons application and allowed him to play on their team a few years ago. Janes claims that kid played in the house league but not for the All Star team. However, the person who has all the paperwork is in California for training so he can't get the info right now.

Evergreen Park whistleblower answers allegations of cheating | Chicago

He better be right about this or it will look real bad on his part. Honestly, the way he describes the chaos of signing kids up it and not wanting to turn kids away really shows how chaotic all of this is...
My comment was a response to someone else saying that this was all race based and that the people involved probably don't even realize they're racist because it's so ingrained, wankity-****-****.

Point being, is running up the score 43-2 is poor sportsmanship and classless. I'm guessing you don't have kids? If you want to run up the score on people and rub it in, you have to expect the other team will be angry about it. Heck, maybe that's the idea? At any rate, it seems far more likely that the coach who's team just got humiliated 43-2 called for the investigation due to the classless move than because of their skin color. There is literally no reason to suggest this is race based. None.

What's your point about Evergreen? Sounds like there's two leagues, one, the house league that's relatively informal, doesn't play towards the Little League World Series and takes kids from outside their district. The other, the All-Star team that competes towards the Little League World Series and has turned away the house league players it accepts from outside it's district in order to abide by the rules of Little League International. Still, I'm not sure how this changes anything, even if Evergreen is guilty of cheating as well? If they had ineligible players on their team competing in the Little League sanctioned tournaments like JRW, then they should be stripped of anything they won as well. Simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
that's a fantasy...

If the Patriots are found to have a few guys with steroids on the team it won't change the fact that they won the SB last year.

This is America... I used to think that way but the reality is totally different. How many MLB players have returned their trophies or had their money stripped from them after they were caught cheating?

Did Braun give his MVP trophy back after he finally admitted he doped? NOPE
What about the Little League team from the Bronx that everyone fell in love with a few years back? After their Little League run it turned out their star pitcher was 15 y/o, not 13 y/o, so they stripped them of their wins. Should they get to keep their trophy's and wins even though their best players were two years older than the rules allow? The High School I went to won a football game by forfeit after the season when it was learned another team had been using a 21 y/o player. Was it unjust to strip them of their wins? I'm from Minnesota, our basketball team made a run to the Final 4 in 1997 and then had those wins stripped because of an academic scandal. Our players hadn't gone to class and had aids doing their term papers and tests for them. Should we have been allowed to keep those wins? What about paying Little League players to switch teams? Would you be fine with me offering their family's cash under-the-table to secretly build the best team? Why even have rules?

Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times
Corruption in most childrens sports , in Pop Warner football, coaches would have the kids switch their jerseys for the weigh ins , then switch back for the field ...big kids got to play on the little kids teams for a win , didn't matter if the little kids got hurt as long as it was a win.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:52 AM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
JRW is lawyering up and requesting Little League prove they investigated all the other teams the same way.

Jackie Robinson West enlists lawyers over scandal that cost title - Chicago Tribune

They also said the trophy is in Cabrini Greens Projects and they have to come get it after 10PM if they really want it. Until then.. they are the champs.
If you are going to try and make cutesy Chicago references, at least make sure they could be correct.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
JRW is lawyering up and requesting Little League prove they investigated all the other teams the same way.

Jackie Robinson West enlists lawyers over scandal that cost title - Chicago Tribune

They also said the trophy is in Cabrini Greens Projects and they have to come get it after 10PM if they really want it. Until then.. they are the champs.
That's not what the article you linked says at all. It says they have an attorney, are in no rush to do anything, have no lawsuit in the works, but want to be sure the challenge was legitimate, whihc it certainly seems it was. No where....does it say that Little League has to investigate every single team. You made that part up. The reason every single team wasn't investigated is because a formal complaint by an opposing coach wasn't filed against every single team as it was in this case.

I don't see any mention of Cabrini Green in the article but if that's true, I don't see making veiled threats of violence makes this team look any less guilty or classless?

Old 02-13-2015, 11:25 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:

Maybe in your mind. The other teams weren't accused, so they won't be investigated.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:33 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
There would be no howls from me if it was a fact that the white team cheated, most white people I know, myself included, were raised to know right from wrong. I personally would not feel comfortable accepting a trophy knowing my team cheated and that is the lesson these kids need to learn. If the kids are upset, and I'm sure they are, then they need to put the blame were it belongs, on the coaches.
Yea ok.

We all know this is about race. Conservatives will rush to crucify this team.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:37 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
who cares...lol
Before make sarcastic replies, I suggest you FOLLOW the posts answered to.

IF you CAN'T follow along, don't reply and ask ignorant Questions.

'It is better to be thought of as fool, then to open ones mouth and REMOVE all doubt" someone said.

Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Before make sarcastic replies, I suggest you FOLLOW the posts answered to.

IF you CAN'T follow along, don't reply and ask ignorant Questions.

'It is better to be thought of as fool, then to open ones mouth and REMOVE all doubt" someone said.
Why are you opening YOUR mouth then?

Old 02-13-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Yea ok.

We all know this is about race. Conservatives will rush to crucify this team.
Nope, sorry. You'll have to find another story to gin up some phony racism. JRW, classless and lacking basic sportsmanship, was investigated for being idiots. When you're cheating, don't run on the score 43-2 on people in four innings, because they might get mad and have Little League look into the allegations of your cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies