Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you feel ISIS is a potential threat to the US
yes 47 61.84%
no 29 38.16%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 11:54 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,957,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Or allow them to come here as radical Muslims, as if there were any other kind, come here.

9/11 is a perfect example. If only we prohibited all followers of the religion of death, murder, rape, torture, slavery, pedophilia and devil worship from entering the USA 3,000 innocent people would not have been murdered on 9/11.

Deport all Muslims now and I really believe that.

Do you think attacking and bombing their cities will make people in the ME more or less radical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
We just need to leave them alone. Stop going over there and stop drawing cartoons that insult their religion.
That makes too much sense.

The for-profit defense industry would have no reason to wage war so of course that can never happen.
We have to keep provoking them with our drones and insulting cartoons so that we may keep the gravy train going
and justify the trillion dollar a year defense budget.

Last edited by cisco kid; 02-18-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 12:55 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,358,877 times
They absolutely are.

They aren't saber-rattling. They mean business. When they say they want a caliphate, they are conquering the territory and establishing that now. They aren't making half-hearted attempts to win over the population or waiting on the political process. You either join them or you die.

Are we at the same risk as European countries? No, but when they said they want to behead Obama in the White House, they fully intend to see that through.

I don't see why liberals don't see the threat in front of us. It is completely self-evident, and what's even more maddening about their lack of urgency is the fact that ISIS says what they are going to do, then they follow through exactly as planned. Meanwhile, even after the clear proof intends to do what they say, liberals continue whistling past the grave like ISIS just needs a jobs program and that they can be reasoned with over tea and biscuits. It is truly dumbfounding.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:02 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Do you think attacking and bombing their cities will make people in the ME more or less radical?

That makes too much sense.

The for-profit defense industry would have no reason to wage war so of course that can never happen.
We have to keep provoking them with our drones and insulting cartoons so that we may keep the gravy train going
and justify the trillion dollar a year defense budget.
Beheading Christians, literally, "on the shores of Tripoli", and burning caged 7-8 year old children to death isn't radical enough for you? How much more radical do they need to be considered a threat, in your eyes?

Provoke them with insulting cartoons? How childish, and warped a people are these to use that as an excuse? I am insulted on a daily basis. It doesn't mean I am going to wage jihad on an individual that insulted me, let alone their entire, family, race, religion, sex, or country of origin.

Sorry, far be it from me to judge anyone, anywhere. But sometimes you just gotta called warped, whacked, despicable, mentally deranged, backward azz, waste of air for what it is.

They have clearly stated their goals, and it is to destroy your way of life. How you could not believe that is a threat, is beyond comprehension. Even a deadly disease that will kill you starts as a harmless single cell. Left unchecked it will eventually destroy you.

Perhaps if there was a means by which to convince people that raising taxes would quell ISIS, we would see more concern from folks of a certain political ilk? Until then global warming will continue to be the only cause for concern.

CN.......

Last edited by Compression; 02-18-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 02-18-2015, 01:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
I think that depends on where you live. In US radical groups pose a much higher risk in large urban metro areas by their terrorist aims. Once Muslim radical reach their goal to prey in Mecca; the they are a world threat much more than say Hitler with his goals.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Beheading Christians, literally, "on the shores of Tripoli", and burning caged 7-8 year old children to death isn't radical enough for you? How much more radical do they need to be considered a threat, in your eyes?
We have Bush's misguided Iraq invasion to thank for that. That's what happens when you eliminate the only
effective government (Saddam Hussein) that was capable of keeping order and stability in the region.
Without that stability to hold things together you end up with utter chaos and anarchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Provoke them with insulting cartoons? How childish, and warped a people are these to use that as an excuse? I am insulted on a daily basis. It doesn't mean I am going to wage jihad on an individual that insulted me, let alone their entire, family, race, religion, sex, or country of origin.

I don't condone the violent reaction but I also don't think it is acceptable to depict Muhammad as a dog,
anymore than it is to depict Jesus as a dog, or a black person as a gorilla. That is crossing the line imo and
being a cartoon doesn't make it any less offensive. Free speech can only go so far before it starts to provoke a violent reaction in some people.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,024,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
state your reason.

I personally feel they are a potential threat to this country because of our lax borders
and policy coming from Washington in how it handles radical islam.
This plus US citizens are joining their cause and will likely come back to the US.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:56 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,735,775 times
Quote:
I don't condone the violent reaction but I also don't think it is acceptable to depict Muhammad as a dog,
anymore than it is to depict Jesus as a dog, or a black person as a gorilla. That is crossing the line imo and
being a cartoon doesn't make it any less offensive. Free speech can only go so far before it starts to provoke a violent reaction in some people.
Regardless of whom made what "mis guided" decision.

An offensive cartoon isn't an excuse for murder. In fact the murder (and I use that term in a generous light, as the circumstances actually suggest "brutal atrocity" is a better description) is an escalation on the part of the party (Isis) which should answer for such crimes.

A cartoon (no matter how "offensive") falls into the category of free speech. Murder falls into the category as capital crime. Murder on the scale that Isis perpetrates it is a crime against humanity.
There really isn't any comparison. Hard to believe that anyone would make an apology for isis based on such an argument.

CN.......

Old 02-18-2015, 01:58 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
I don't condone the violent reaction but I also don't think it is acceptable to depict Muhammad as a dog, anymore than it is to depict Jesus as a dog, or a black person as a gorilla. That is crossing the line imo and being a cartoon doesn't make it any less offensive. Free speech can only go so far before it starts to provoke a violent reaction in some people.
There is a difference between a person saying, "We need to go kill those people over there" and a person making a social or political statement with a cartoon.

We should never give up freedom of speech (which is different than violent instruction) to keep from provoking someone.

Seeing something that is highly offensive doesn't mean people must resort to violence.

For example - http://blogs.artinfo.com/artintheair...f-****-christ/

Old 02-18-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is a difference between a person saying, "We need to go kill those people over there" and a person making a social or political statement with a cartoon.

We should never give up freedom of speech (which is different than violent instruction) to keep from provoking someone.

Seeing something that is highly offensive doesn't mean people must resort to violence.

For example - http://blogs.artinfo.com/artintheair...f-****-christ/

Do you think it is acceptable for a major newspaper to publish a cartoon of a black person depicted as a
monkey as a joke? It may be protected free speech but there would be such a public uproar and protest that it
would be a national scandal. What if the newspaper then refuses to retract and make an apology for it?
I wouldn't be surprised if things started to get real ugly, ie: the office windows of the newspaper getting
smashed or firebombed or worse. Why would anyone want to print such a vile cartoon anyways? It serves no
purpose but to inflame and incite a very strong and negative reaction.

In most European countries including France and Germany it is a crime to deny the Holocaust existed.
Even in the west free speech has its limits.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:20 PM

386 posts, read 327,586 times
More terrorists in Chicago. The media which is controlled by bankers tells the people only what is on their agenda. The USA media is controlled by 6 groups that all are affiliated with banks.

Propaganda item: Iran has had ONE war in 200 hundred years. The USA has had conflicts in over 70 countries in the last 70 years. Who is the terrorist?
Propaganda item: Weapons of mass destruction? Never found
Fact: Dick Cheney made over 40 million dollars through stock in Hallaburton through defense spending.

We are protecting rich bankers interests. War creates great wealth for many. The goal is to keep these countries on the USA dollar and Petro dollar. The goal was never to help the people of the Middle East. How have we helped them? We are killing them and bombing them.

Last edited by slowdude222; 02-18-2015 at 02:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies