Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 07:42 AM

78,443 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Yes, it's an excellent example of you distorting the facts to make a point.

Even if you believe the facts in the story, they indicate that another student rammed her with a shopping cart for supporting Israel.

Should I repeat that? For supporting Israel

There is a difference between being Jewish and supporting Israel, not to mention supporting the policies of the current government of Israel.
Um.....yeah.....that's like the guys that shot up the cartoonists twice now in recent months for insulting Islam. Then their next move was to bee-line to a jewish grocery store etc and kill jews there. Not Israelis, not jews at a pro-Israel rally....just jews.

I've known some anti-Israel types and there is definitely an undercurrent that goes past just "Israel".

Heck, most of the people here probably think that the Nazis were the only ones that had it in for the jews and it just happened that one time because of Hitler.

They are woefully mistaken.

Jews were burned alive in huge numbers during the black plaugue as they were blamed for poisoning the water and being the cause of it. They burned something like 2000 one night in Dresden....just drug them and threw them on the bonfires alive. Kinda makes me not shed too many tears when people starting whining about when the US incinerated Dresden during WW2.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not in the US, I don't think. At least not anymore. It's ironic that many Americans are so concerned about being called racist against black people but many of them are now proud of being Islamophobic
You would think wrong unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:06 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
What causes anti Semitism? Why have they been hated since the beginning of time?
A pound of flesh. The fact that many Jews want control of everything for their own power (the chosen people), not for the common good of the people. The fact that the US pays for Israel's expansion and murder which is obviously against international law and we all wonder why so many people in the world hate Americans? In January, Israel suspended $127 million in tax revenues which should have been transferred to the Palestinian Authority. Talk about a concentration camp! Israel blocked aid ships to help people starving in Gaza and even fired upon them. Do I have to mention Goldman? Sachs? DeBeers? Madoff? The banking industry in general?

On the flip side of all this, people can complain about it or whatever, but if Jewish people feel it is important enough to try and help each other and aim for dominance, then so be it. If it is important enough for others to try and stop it, they should do it by working hard and helping each other in the same manner. I am not sure why Jewish folks get into Law, Banking, Jewelry and other jobs that are actually middlemen positions. I guess they are good at negotiating and putting themselves in-between two parties. Obviously we are talking about a broad overview. Some people feel it is all or nothing, but clearly it isn't.

Do Jews really control hollywood? I don't know that, but how many Holocaust movies have been made?

List of Holocaust films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hollywood is sure filled with violence and pure fear enhancing garbage. I think it is really horrible for humans on about every level. Before the Hollywood mess people used to be more neighborly, now people are fearful of others. Does that divide people. Divide and conquer? Hmmm. I think people need to look at all of it and come up with their own conclusions. Personally, I don't care all that much what others do. Not a fan of our giving billions and billions to Israel, but they have too much control, so we will always do it as a country. We bailed out the banking industry, which I feel was the largest ponzi scheme ever. Why did we taxpayers do it? We had to?

I do feel people should keep an eye on all big moves by government an powerful groups.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:05 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Not in the US, I don't think. At least not anymore. It's ironic that many Americans are so concerned about being called racist against black people but many of them are now proud of being Islamophobic
Well, a Phobia would be unfounded. Kind of strange when some gay people defend a religion and a culture that is completely unaccepting of them. You have the benefit of living in a country that has increasing liberties, and is becoming less religious with time, then defend a religion and a culture that is becoming more repressive every year

Old 02-20-2015, 10:17 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Many are jealous of the guy with the nicer car, the bigger house. Why is this the case? Because of the value that Jews place on education. Education leads to a better life style because in most cases it leads to a better job.
Not only is education a value, (understanding God's world) but it was practical for their survival. Being chased out of communities, often unable to hold on to land for farming for instance, it became practical to learn skills that are portable like health sciences etc.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,134 times
A liberal is a person in favor of the rights of the average person, not just the rights of wealthy people. A Republican is a person in favor of the rights of wealthy people, and who believes the world would be a better place if all the poor people would drop dead. A Nazi is a person who picks a large group of people and incites hatred against them. The German Nazis of the 1920's-1940's incited hatred against Jews. Modern American Nazis incite hatred against liberals.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:22 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

Do Jews really control hollywood? I don't know that, but how many Holocaust movies have been made?

List of Holocaust films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hollywood is sure filled with violence and pure fear enhancing garbage. I think it is really horrible for humans on about every level. Before the Hollywood mess people used to be more neighborly, now people are fearful of others. .

I wonder what year the Jews took control of Hollywood from the cowboys. When I was growing up Westerns were so common and continued for a couple of decades after that. I think the Jews are loosing that control to comic characters now.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 AM

386 posts, read 327,443 times
Many people hate Zionists including Jews. The Zionists (mostly Jews) have been a criminal organization (M. Lansky), Zionist bankers bankrolled both Germany and the USA in WWII, gotten the USA to fight their wars for them in the past and today, and they control Hollywood and 90% of the media in the USA. The Federal Reserve leaders are all Zionists, David Axelrod, Obama's #1 man is a Zionist. The USA 's population is 2.1% jewish, but 50% of all political campaign money for the president comes from Jewish donations (AIPAC).

Old 02-20-2015, 11:20 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Many people hate Zionists including Jews. The Zionists (mostly Jews) have been a criminal organization (M. Lansky), Zionist bankers bankrolled both Germany and the USA in WWII, gotten the USA to fight their wars for them in the past and today, and they control Hollywood and 90% of the media in the USA. The Federal Reserve leaders are all Zionists, David Axelrod, Obama's #1 man is a Zionist. The USA 's population is 2.1% jewish, but 50% of all political campaign money for the president comes from Jewish donations (AIPAC).
Sounds like they are screwing themselves by supporting the President

Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM

3,890 posts, read 4,545,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvap View Post
I honestly don't know. I have always wondered. Why did Moses lead them from Egypt? Why did the German people go along with Nazi's and hate them. There must be one constant. I don't even know if Jews are a religion or a race.
As my Jewish best friend has put it, they are a "people". Judaism is the religion of the Jewish people.
Any non Jew, regardless of race can be a Jew through conversion. The religion also has a culture with all the holidays, dietary laws (for the more religiously serious) etc. so it's an adoption of a way of life.
Conversion is very different from converting to for example born again Christianity where you are a Christian as soon as you "let Jesus into your heart". Jews also don't proselytize. I heard there's a tradition that if you go to a Rabbi seeking conversion they will turn you away, but will agree to start the process on the third try.

As far as the roots of antisemitism... geesh, we're talking about a long history here.

One of the seeds of course is the schism between Judaism and Christianity.
There are many passages in the bible, where the Jews come across as the villain to the hero of the story about Jesus.

For example my former father in law (who is Jewish) grew up in Chicago in a Jewish neighborhood. He told me how he and his friends would have to avoid going outside on Good Friday because teen boys would go looking for Jewish kids to beat up. Good Friday services tell the story of course of Jesus's betrayal, trail and execution. Generation upon generation have heard this story over and over again, and it's probably the most "frenzy" (if you will) inducing Christian holy day I can think off, and it becomes part of the psyche that "the Jews killed Jesus".

Heck, even just 20 years ago when I was married to my Jewish ex husband there was a neighbor kid who threw rocks at my son yelling at him that the Jews killed Jesus! It was weird, because his (born again) parents were actually nice people, but to this child, all he knew is the "Jews" were very very mean to his favorite person.

Anyway, another frustration to add gasoline to the fire, unlike the Romans, who were also seen as the guilty party, they eventually converted to Christianity, while the Jews remained Jews.

Nevertheless, even though it wasn't easy for my in law's generation, it was still much better here in the U.S. than where his family came from. European antisemitism was often brutal even before Hitler came along.

Anti-Jewish pogroms in the Russian Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies