Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:48 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Charles is apparently considering voting Republican. Obviously it makes sense to keep an open mind and to weigh the alternatives before coming to a conclusion, which it appears that Charles is doing.

In the past there have been racist individuals that have been quick to castigate people with dark skin like Charles, who have taken it upon themselves to unleash themselves from the heard mentality, as an "Uncle Tom" or an "Oreo" or that sort of thing.

Surely we will not have anyone displaying that sort of incivility or intolerance towards Charles about this. We won't, will we?
I'm a fan of Sir Charles and love his commentaries on TNT. He is a smart, thoughtful and extremely funny man. I don't blame him for considering a Repub vote. The Dems seem to care more about illegals and muslims more than they do for Americans these days. But voting for Jeb is just like voting for a Dem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No. It is YOU who started the race baiting and continue to do so. Apparently, you belong to the PC police and it is your job to look for racism where none is shown.

Now, you are once again attempting to derail a thread. Time for YOU to knock that chip off your shoulder and grow up.
Arguing that black people have a herd mentality is indeed being derogatory towards black people, the OP even admitted it himself that he wasnt using it as a compliment.

I dont understand why people like you play coy with your beliefs even when flat out admitting them.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Anyway, let's let this be a test. If black people that you encounter are openly accepting of Charles Barkley's stance on this - from a "racial" perspective - then perhaps I was wrong about the suggestion of a herd mentality. But you and I both know how this is likely to go.
There is no "if", im black and i dont care how Charles Barkley votes .

Old 02-19-2015, 11:13 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Arguing that black people have a herd mentality is indeed being derogatory towards black people, the OP even admitted it himself that he wasnt using it as a compliment.

I dont understand why people like you play coy with your beliefs even when flat out admitting them.
^Meaning what exactly?

Stop being coy and just say it.

However, your post doesn't address the fact that you seem to look for racism when there isn't any at all.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
^Meaning what exactly?

Stop being coy and just say it.

However, your post doesn't address the fact that you seem to look for racism when there isn't any at all.
i did just say it, you not understanding is not the same as me not saying it.

And I dont look for racism, i simply pointed out that the OP did exactly what he claimed people would do to Barkley.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:45 PM

Oh...You won't admit it but you just pulled the "race" card yet again.

Well...you don't know me. You know nothing about my background or what I've been through during my lifetime. I won't go into details because it would only show you just how foolish pulling the race card is. I'm going to be kind and not embarrass you.

Yes, the term "herd mentality" is not a "compliment". That said, there is nothing "racist' about the term.

BTW, you do look for "racism". The term "herd mentality" had you screaming "racism" and attempting to yet derail another thread---despite explaining to you that the term "herd mentality is not a racist expression.

You have a lot of growing up to do.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Oh...You won't admit it but you just pulled the "race" card yet again.

Well...you don't know me. You know nothing about my background or what I've been through during my lifetime. I won't go into details because it would only show you just how foolish pulling the race card is. I'm going to be kind and not embarrass you.

Yes, the term "herd mentality" is not a "compliment". That said, there is nothing "racist' about the term.[

BTW, you do look for "racism". The term "herd mentality" had you screaming "racism" and attempting to yet derail another thread---despite explaining to you that the term "herd mentality is not a racist expression.

You have a lot of growing up to do.

No where in this conversation did I claim to "know" you, Nor do I even understand why the bold rant even exists. Did i call you racist, no. Did I claim you were a bad person, no. did i even say anything to warrent that response in anyway, no. So why are you taking my response to the OP as if it was a personal attack on you ?

Heck, i didnt even call the OP racist. I simply pointed out that what he did is just as derogatory as the terms he claimed people would call Charles Barkley, and you and the OP both agreed(to an extent ) that i was right. So what are you mad about ??????? How is that even playing the race card to point it out?

And no, i dont look for racism everywhere, the OP is actually the one who used that term and I simply responded by asking him if he saw his own actions the same way. You are arguing that im looking for racism in a thread that is actually about racism. Thats like being mad that someone walked into a doughnut shop and being mad that someone wants to eat a doughnut there.

The OP's thread was not about Barkley being a republican/voting republican, but about the reaction of those he deemed had the "heard mentality", so im not derailing it at all.

You keep saying i need to grow up and yet it is you ranting out of no where and babbling on.

Old 02-20-2015, 01:17 AM

So, what were you implying when you said, and I quote you:

I dont understand why people like you play coy with your beliefs even when flat out admitting them

------------------------
I told you to not be coy and just say it. Yet you refused to do so. If you're not going to say so, then you shouldn't start ranting.

Yes, you do look for racism, given your many comments about "herd mentality" in the post.

I'm laughing when you say I'm "babbling on" when it is clearly you who is "babbling on" in the above post. You seem awfully defensive. Why is that?

BTW, post #34 was for you, yet you didn't respond to it with a whining rant. Hmmmm....

Old 02-20-2015, 03:42 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
You can support the legalization of marijuana while still voting a republican ticket. Only voting for a candidate if they campaign on legalization would be idiotic. Devoting your life to a drug is idiotic. Thinking access to said drug is your civil right is idiotic. I would say to such a person get your priorities straight, and then you will have the resources to illegally enjoy your drug with a very low risk to yourself, or to fund legalization lobbying organizations on the side while still being able to vote an intelligent ticket.
I've probably done more than you under 30 than you have at whatever age you are.

Please save the insults.

Back to the topic. Your not getting the black vote. Or probably any minority vote for that matter. And now you created an even bigger hurdle.

I'll make sure to let the Millenials know how you and Republicans who think like you feel about them.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
What is the derivative of sin(2x)?
What are you even talking about??

And please don't bring up God or Religion when your party doesn't give a damn about people. And has shown it time and time again.

Looks like some of the elders are still brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies