Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:38 AM

2,424 posts, read 2,100,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You gotta wonder why there are so many nut cases that think there is a way to stop another Country from developing a Nuke. Seems to me, they should be able to figure it out by now, with all the other Countries that have them. Guess they can stop Iran like they stopped all the other ones? I ran is a Country, not a State in the US. Obama, nor any other President is going to be able to tell them what they can or can not do. You folks who think we can are overestimating our capability. We couldn't even control Iraq, who had nothing to fight us with. Look how that turned out for us.

We have been kicking Iran in the shins for years and now you expect them to be scared to death of us, because we keep making aggressive noises? Like folks keep telling you, there is nothing stopping you from grabbing a rifle and attacking Iran. Just let us know how it works for you.

You want to send our Troops there to die by the thousands , while you sit back in your armchair, watching the carnage on TV, drinking a beer, and telling your wife " I guess "WE" showed them" and then complain about Terrorists flying planes into our buildings.
Our sanctions have crippled their economy, so much so that they came to the negotiating table. There goal is to ease Western sanctions so they can continue to fund their expansionist and terrorist policies. A continuation of sanctions or even harsher sanctions would be ideal to prevent Iran from a nuclear weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 01:01 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,613,891 times
Lightbulb Obama letting Iran have nukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Phased Iran-US nuclear deal taking shape

And best of all, because Obama is a coward, controls will be in place for five years, gradually lifting over the next five, conveniently sticking the next two presidents with his poor decisions.
Please cite the paragraph that allows Iran to have nukes.

Parameters of the tentative Iran nuclear deal - CNN.com

Go

I'll wait patiently.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:25 PM

725 posts, read 362,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Go

I'll wait patiently.

Obama said the following yesterday in an NPR interview:

“What is a more relevant fear would be that in Year 13, 14, 15, they have advanced centrifuges that enrich uranium fairly rapidly, and at that point, the breakout times would have shrunk almost down to zero,” Obama said.

Under the terms of the deal framework, Iran’s breakout time would be expanded from the present two to three months to at least a year. But that constraint would stay in place only for 10 years, at which point some restrictions would start phasing out.

So, even according to Obama, after ten years the constraints will be lifted, gradually reducing the regime's breakout time until that time becomes zero.

Obama admits Iran could cut nuke breakout time to near zero in 13 years | Irascible Musings

Not to worry. Obama's inspection plan will fail, according to the former president of the International Atomic Energy Agency - the agency tasked with the inspections. The radical Islamist regime will have its nuclear warheads on its ballistic missiles long before ten years.

Go.

I'll wait patiently.

Last edited by spectator11040; 04-08-2015 at 03:55 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 03:29 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,603,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Go

I'll wait patiently.

Nowhere to be found, it doesn't exist, this is just another lie,orchestrated by Satan-yahu fans in the US.

Old 04-08-2015, 03:47 PM

725 posts, read 362,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Nowhere to be found, it doesn't exist, this is just another lie,orchestrated by Satan-yahu fans in the US.
You purposely ignored post #553. Your ilk sees only what it wants to see. (and you refer to the PM of Israel, a democratically elected leader, as "Satan"???? What do you call your beloved Khomeini?)

You say that a zero breakout time for the Islamist nuke is "just another lie". So you are accusing Barack (Hussein) Obama of lying. How DARE you? He NEVER lies!

Last edited by spectator11040; 04-08-2015 at 03:56 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 04:00 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,603,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
You purposely ignored post #553. Your ilk sees only what it wants to see. (and you refer to the PM of Israel, a democratically elected leader, as "Satan"???? What do you call your beloved Khomeini?)

You say that a zero breakout time for the Islamist nuke is "just another lie". So you are accusing of Barack (Hussein) Obama of lying. How DARE you? He NEVER lies!
You call a theocratic state a democracy? Israel is a religious state,that has nothing to do with democracy.
Israeli,Western and some US media describe him as Satan-yahu,rightly so after he ordered the genocide in Gaza.

Sorry for you, khomeini doesn't represent anything for me.

President Obama proved Satan-yahu wrong and refused to let Satan-yahu drag America into another war,

Old 04-08-2015, 04:10 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,348,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The very first problem with the story (and every story that is being written) is that this isn't a U.S./Iranian "deal" it is an agreement brokered by five nations - the U.S., Great Britain, France, Germany, China, Russia - and Iran. To argue as some would like to fantasize that the U.S, should have a). never entered into the discussions, b). should have driven a "harder bargain" completely misses the point that the existing or even future sanctions would have required the commitment of all five parties and I think anyone with even casual knowledge of international politics (which pretty much leaves out the current Republican Party) would recognize that it has been hard enough securing the support of China, Russia and even Germany for imposing sanctions on Iran that without some sort of agreement, the entire contrivance would have fallen apart.

But hey, the conservatives were so right about Iraq, who am I to posit a contrary opinion.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,613,891 times
Quote:

“What is a more relevant fear would be that in Year 13, 14, 15, they have advanced centrifuges that enrich uranium fairly rapidly, and at that point, the breakout times would have shrunk almost down to zero,” Obama said.

Under the terms of the deal framework, Iran’s breakout time would be expanded from the present two to three months to at least a year. But that constraint would stay in place only for 10 years, at which point some restrictions would start phasing out.

So, even according to Obama, after ten years the constraints will be lifted, gradually reducing the regime's breakout time until that time becomes zero.

Obama admits Iran could cut nuke breakout time to near zero in 13 years | Irascible Musings

Not to worry. Obama's inspection plan will fail, according to the former president of the International Atomic Energy Agency - the agency tasked with the inspections. The radical Islamist regime will have its nuclear warheads on its ballistic missiles long before ten years.
Hey!

You're new here. And you're not even the one I addressed, but you felt compelled to jump in and spout some silly right wing talking points. After all, the righties walked out on talks with N Korea and look how well that worked out.

And here's something to mull over:

The religious right hardliners in Iran oppose the deal.

The religious right hardliners in America oppose the deal.

Coincidence? I report, you decide.

So, go ahead and cite the section of the agreement that allows Iran to develop nukes.

Go.

I'll wait patiently.

Old 04-08-2015, 05:36 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,729,601 times
Quote:

Go.

I'll wait patiently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post

President Obama proved Satan-yahu wrong and refused to let Satan-yahu drag America into another war,
I presume you are referring to the Prime Minister?
Netanyahu has never asked for a war, has not wanted a war, and certainly never tried to drag America into a war, so Obama had nothing to refuse.

In an interview April 6 (NYTimes), President Obama stated:

"There is no formula, there is no option, to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon that will be more effective than the diplomatic initiative and framework that we've put forward," he said. To get this so-called 'deal', Obama LIFTed sanctions, which are unlikely to be reinstated, ever.

In other words, there is no way to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear weapon so Obama has done nothing more than lengthen the time in which Iran is allowed to do so. If one looks at the history of a similar 'deal' with N. Korea, and the country's subsequent failure to allow IAEA inspectors access, the end result is obvious with respect to Iran. Iran doesn't need to be allowed to develop nukes, just as N. Korea didn't "need to be allowed". These regimes do their own thing regardless.

It's worth watching President Bill Clinton hail the virtues of the nuclear deal with North Korea, in this video from October 21, 1994:
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ea_909030.html

Last edited by swbtoo; 04-08-2015 at 05:46 PM..

Old 04-08-2015, 05:39 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,430,984 times
So now the argument is that in 10 years Iran might have nukes.

Color me scared. In a decade we will have megawatt level lasers with rapid target acquisition and firing rates. All computer controlled with the ability to target moving human targets rapidly from 30,000 feet. That probably makes me more nervous then nukes.

And no, I am not joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies