Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:41 AM

46,357 posts, read 27,192,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
It must be fun to be a Republican; so completely evil, it must be liberating in a way. Not caring about poor people, or the sick, being totally racist and mentally thinking like a 'Mad Max' barbarian. No morals or empathy, just drawing your sword and slashing your way through American society until it resembles Gettysburg after the battle. Me first, screw everybody else as your mantra.

That dark side exists in humanity and I can certainly see the appeal at times. Yet it is not the world I want to create. I haven't determined why the 'red' half the country wants that, the reality of that. Are we supposed to restrain them, or just let them congregate in their 'red' states? Birds of a feather/big sort?
LOL....that is all...

Old 02-24-2015, 11:42 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,103,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Just scanning the board topics, I find it fascinating to see the types of 'bread and circus' topics liberals post when they are complaining about conservatism, versus the things conservatives complain about when talking about liberals.

Here is a summary about liberals' complaints about conservatives:

-Republicans want to eliminate AP History in one state
-Republicans don't want to force bakeries to make wedding cakes for gay people
-One Republican wants to make women swallow a camera before getting an abortion

It's just SO SO trivial, and the shocking thing is they are all social issues expressed by a fringe minority of Republicans. Meanwhile, conservatives on this forum worry about...

-the reaches of the federal reserve bank
-Obama's ineptitude
-the economy
-our complicated corporate tax structure

It's just fascinating: I haven't seen very many Republicans/conservatives on this forum actually start threads about social issues. It's typically left-leaning posters who start those social issues threads in an attempt to draw right-wingers into the discussion.
How many threads are there about Obama being a secret Muslims? Or being born in Kenya?

I find it funny how many people like to think their side is always acting more mature, when that's literally never the case. Both sides bring up good points plenty, but plenty of people on both sides bring up terrible and trivial issues all the time, usually as a distraction for something the messed up on.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:46 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,456,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Just scanning the board topics, I find it fascinating to see the types of 'bread and circus' topics liberals post when they are complaining about conservatism, versus the things conservatives complain about when talking about liberals.

Here is a summary about liberals' complaints about conservatives:

-Republicans want to eliminate AP History in one state
-Republicans don't want to force bakeries to make wedding cakes for gay people
-One Republican wants to make women swallow a camera before getting an abortion

It's just SO SO trivial, and the shocking thing is they are all social issues expressed by a fringe minority of Republicans. Meanwhile, conservatives on this forum worry about...

-the reaches of the federal reserve bank
-Obama's ineptitude
-the economy
-our complicated corporate tax structure

It's just fascinating: I haven't seen very many Republicans/conservatives on this forum actually start threads about social issues. It's typically left-leaning posters who start those social issues threads in an attempt to draw right-wingers into the discussion.
I'm sorry you spent the time to read so many posts and processed so little.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:48 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,158,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
harry reid will disagree with you when it comes to his "cowboy poetry" funds for his state, that me and you fund....
Idk, I can't stand either of the 2 parties. Both throwing around taxpayer money like confetti. >_<

Old 02-24-2015, 11:55 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,103,925 times
Hold on, what exactly is the difference between a thread about 'liberals being dumb' and a thread about bakeries?

The fact that this thread exists proves that the premise of your thread is only possible in a reality shaped by conservative bias.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,263,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I think both sides are guilty of fear mongering and playing to the lowest common denominator.

I have a hard time buying the story that conservatives don't post on social issues. They most certainly do, all the time. Every time a gay, muslim, woman or whoever is not in their tribe farts, they are always ready to suft the outrage. Seems to me that conservatives are the inventors of the wedge issues like "family values, "defense of marriage," etc.,etc.,etc. and they seem to have a monopoly on the whole " I am more patriotic than you" horse shiiite. All of these topics are phony and hypocritical attempts to discredit their fellow citizens.

I think you have a thread fail here, sir.

I agree with you.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:05 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,383,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Funny you weren't wondering about the same when Republicans were voted into the White House .
Funny how neither you nor the OP were on CD the last time a Republican was in the WH so you have no idea what he might have been wondering about. But don't let the facts get in your way.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:39 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,911,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ictsteve View Post
It is interesting that the OP chose examples of liberal complaints - all of which are based on 100% factual things that Republicans have either already done or are trying to do. While the list of conservative complaints is comprised entirely of Fox News talking points and personal opinions.
It's so shocking that people's political opinions are personal opinions.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:43 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,863,147 times
The only problem is the OP like many conservatives believes his own nonsense.

Old 02-24-2015, 02:12 PM

27,205 posts, read 15,378,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, I think both sides are guilty of fear mongering and playing to the lowest common denominator.

I have a hard time buying the story that conservatives don't post on social issues. They most certainly do, all the time. Every time a gay, muslim, woman or whoever is not in their tribe farts, they are always ready to suft the outrage. Seems to me that conservatives are the inventors of the wedge issues like "family values, "defense of marriage," etc.,etc.,etc. and they seem to have a monopoly on the whole " I am more patriotic than you" horse shiiite. All of these topics are phony and hypocritical attempts to discredit their fellow citizens.

I think you have a thread fail here, sir.

Who ever would of thought to use "family values" on a wedge issue list not so long ago..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies