Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:44 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,330,333 times

Advertisements

I didn't expect they were going to.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM

998 posts, read 667,743 times
Don't worry, I'm sure the Obama administration isn't done wasting taxpayer money in their quest to slander Zimmerman's character.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:25 PM

17,557 posts, read 9,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I bet absolutely no broadcast MSM coverage of this. It absolutely doesn't fit the mime constantly put forth by ABC, CBS, NBC.

If it had gone the other way, there would be Breaking News on all of these networks.
NBC actually edited the 911 Transcript in an attempt to portray Zimmerman as a "racist".
How can anyone ever trust these vile people?

The announcement today is only surprising because it did not occur on a Friday or Holiday eve 'news dump'. It was clear from the very beginning that NO charges would be brought against Zimmerman by the DOJ ...... same is true in the Michael Brown shooting.

The DOJ and Team Obama will have to be satisfied with the destruction of the lives of these men who were judged by Juries and Courts to be innocent of charges. I guess they consider destroyed lives a success of some sort.

Sad little people who are supposed to be public servants for all Americans.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:01 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,079,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure the Obama administration isn't done wasting taxpayer money in their quest to slander Zimmerman's character.
He's done a pretty good job making himself look bad with the personal problems and run-ins with the law following... but yes, they'd like to find something more substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
NBC actually edited the 911 Transcript in an attempt to portray Zimmerman as a "racist".

The announcement today is only surprising because it did not occur on a Friday or Holiday eve 'news dump'. It was clear from the very beginning that NO charges would be brought against Zimmerman by the DOJ ...... same is true in the Michael Brown shooting.

The DOJ and Team Obama will have to be satisfied with the destruction of the lives of these men who were judged by Juries and Courts to be innocent of charges. I guess they consider destroyed lives a success of some sort.
This administration doesn't always have respect for the courts, do they.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:45 PM

5,368 posts, read 4,478,648 times
This thread is not about the case of Zimmerman killing Treyvon Martin. It is not about Zimmerman's other transgressions. It's about the DOJ not filing civil rights charges. Stick to that topic, otherwise move on.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:52 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,768,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

Sad little people who are supposed to be public servants for all Americans.
They should be prosecuted!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM

24,482 posts, read 23,188,924 times
Holder can't find the toy surprise in a cereal box, how was he actually going to investigate a complex case like this one?
The same could be said for Obama. He makes Joe Biden look like Dick Cheney. This is the most intellectually impaired administration EVER.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:34 AM

78,982 posts, read 61,148,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
He has no character to slander.

Doesn't make what happened illegal though.

Again, the FBI weighed in before the verdict that there was no evidence of bias....but it took years for the DOJ to close the case.

Pure politics from start to finish.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,377,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So, after all the race baiting and the stirring up of racial friction and animosity on this subject, Zimmerman gets a pass by the Holder/Obama Justice Department, just as Darren Wilson also did.

Rather than unnecessarily fanning the flames of racial hostility and conflict, wouldn't it be nice to have a president who is committed to healing these wounds and encouraging an environment of reconciliation and mutual tolerance and acceptance?

We sure do not have that now.
So, you would prefer to have a justice system that would wrongly convict in order to "heal" racial "wounds?"

Zimmerman acted in self defense. That was clear. He would have been beaten to death by Martin, or shot dead by his own gun, which Martin tried to go for.

As for Wilson, who is also not guilty, after examining the forensic evidence, and separating truth from lies (most of the so-called "witnesses" lied), justice was served. Brown did not throw his hands up in surrender; that was a lie.

I don't think we need to rehash these cases again.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,565,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
So, you would prefer to have a justice system that would wrongly convict in order to "heal" racial "wounds?"

Zimmerman acted in self defense. That was clear. He would have been beaten to death by Martin, or shot dead by his own gun, which Martin tried to go for.

As for Wilson, who is also not guilty, after examining the forensic evidence, and separating truth from lies (most of the so-called "witnesses" lied), justice was served. Brown did not throw his hands up in surrender; that was a lie.

I don't think we need to rehash these cases again.
I would prefer to have a president who did not fan the flames of racism in order to try to generate political support for himself, without concern about how divisive that is or about the incredible harm that does to our society.

The juries did what they were supposed to do. I was prepared to support whatever ruling they came up with. If either of those two had been found guilty, then in that case, they should have been punished to the fullest extent of the law. But that did not happen, apparently because the evidence did not support the charges against them.

As far as discussing these cases, if you don't want to, you certainly don't have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies