Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 03:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,231,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
So your issue is not refusing service to gays, it's Christians refusing service to gays. THANK YOU for finally being honest about your position!
I don't care if they are Christian, Muslim, pagan, believers in aliens, or anything else. Discrimination is discrimination. And religious beliefs do not trump generally applicable laws.

And where did I even mentions Christians in the post you quoted?

Old 03-31-2015, 03:29 PM

920 posts, read 635,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If it is not something that the business does not offer then yes. No business is required to offer every product know to man. I can not go into a burger joint and then sue because they don't serve country fried steak. Both are beef, just prepared differently.

I can not go into a music shop and sue because they do not offer classical jazz.
Again, YOUR argument has always been that if a florist sells flowers for a wedding, they cannot refuse to make flowers for a gay "wedding." Now you are changing your view to say that even if the florist sells wedding flowers, the florist can deny wedding flowers to a gay customer if the florist does not carry a specific flower?

So the florist has no obligation to source the flowers being requested, just say no to the gay customer.

And a baker that bakes cakes can refuse gay customers merely because of the shape of the cake request, even though the same ingredients are used and the baker has created many cakes of various shapes and colors, in your opinion.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I don't care if they are Christian, Muslim, pagan, believers in aliens, or anything else. Discrimination is discrimination. And religious beliefs do not trump generally applicable laws.
Because a Constitutionally protected right is not as valid as lack of floral inventory or cake shape. According to you.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Again, YOUR argument has always been that if a florist sells flowers for a wedding, they cannot refuse to make flowers for a gay "wedding." Now you are changing your view to say that even if the florist sells wedding flowers, the florist can deny wedding flowers to a gay customer if the florist does not carry a specific flower?

So the florist has no obligation to source the flowers being requested, just say no to the gay customer.

And a baker that bakes cakes can refuse gay customers merely because of the shape of the cake request, even though the same ingredients are used and the baker has created many cakes of various shapes and colors, in your opinion.
Please show me where any of the refusal cases were about the design.

So far they have all been about the people ordering, not the design of the cake/flowers.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,507,018 times
Quote:

Take it easy - I don't want you to confuse your local grocery store today about your needs.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Because a Constitutionally protected right is not as valid as lack of floral inventory or cake shape. According to you.
Neither case said anything about inventory or cake shape, but keep tossing those strawmen out there.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Please show me where any of the refusal cases were about the design.

So far they have all been about the people ordering, not the design of the cake/flowers.

You stated that a baker could refuse to provide a wedding cake to a gay couple, based solely on the design of the cake (i.e., a rainbow colored, penis shaped cake). That was your statement.

Changing the goal posts once again!

You would be an AWESOME teaching aid for a debate class!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Neither case said anything about inventory or cake shape, but keep tossing those strawmen out there.
I am not tossing anything out. I am using YOUR words in order to clarify YOUR position.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/39034932-post688.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/39035205-post695.html

Read your own words.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Take it easy - I don't want you to confuse your local grocery store today about your needs.
If you are unable to follow the discussion, your flyby comments are not as clever as you have led yourself to believe.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:41 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,277,800 times
No You Cannot.. and its obvious you dont own a business and you sure dont know the law.. That said Things must have CHANGED DRASTICALLY since I Lived in the Tri cities in 1980 hahahaha I guess all those good ol boys selling ranches to grape growings changed the landscape hahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
You can refuse anyone for any reason in your own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies