Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,596,694 times

Advertisements

Yes, the only way to get through those awful Bush/Cheney years was to not lose your sense of humor., hard as it was listening to the President and his snarling V.P. lie to the world about everything concerning Iraq. Thinking people (with a sense of humor) owe Stewart a debt of gratitude. The angry screechers who demonize our current President were/are all too happy with the way things went in Iraq.

Quote:
I am not insane. For this, I have Jon Stewart to thank.

Thirteen years ago, it felt like I was in a front row seat on the train to Crazy Town. That’s when the wheels began to come off the Bush administration’s argument for invading Iraq, i.e., to find the weapons of mass destruction. There were no such weapons, an inconvenient truth to which Team Bush responded with a new, after-the-fact rationale. Now, the argument for war was and always had been the need to free the suffering Iraqi people.

By itself, this steaming load of cattle waste and the smarmy self-righteousness with which it was dumped was enough to make me wander the streets muttering to myself. But what really made the steam build inside my skull was the way the American people responded to the tacit assumption that we were a bunch of compliant dopes too stupid to care that we had been baited and switched into the biggest foreign policy debacle of the last 40 years.
Leonard Pitts Jr.: Adios, Jon, and thanks for keeping us sane | Miami Herald Miami Herald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 04:54 PM

10,650 posts, read 10,765,046 times
Comedians are supposed to make us happy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies