Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think the articles said he was from a well to do family ;not anything about his history. Same as Bin Laden really. Hitler was a disappointed artist before serving in WWI at front for four straight years. I do not know why we in west believe all sociopaths have to be dumb or crazy. Its almost crazy if you look at the reasoning of Hitler by west; homosexual; Child molester, Jewish ancestors; beaten by his father. What I see is a disappoinedt artist who served in WWI front lines. Then blamed a Jewish escape goat and who was brought to power by the terms of the treaty. Many people like that without the capabilities to rise to level in the world today.
Well, it's just hard for some (myself included) to grasp that an educated sane person would actually want to establish a caliphate. What fun is that? Seriously though, as a Westerner, I have to constantly remind myself that they don't think like I do. And, as if butchering people isn't enough, the jerks just destroyed priceless historic artifacts in Mosul.

Last edited by elan; 02-26-2015 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 03:03 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We've already agreed to finance a training and arming camp for the next set of "rebels" to fight for us against Syria.
Kurds are actually good, secular people. Those "moderates" we plan on training (around 1200) MAY pose an issue but the numbers so low they'll probably all be killed.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:06 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,276 times
Let's prevent future Jihadi John's in America by putting all at-risk fundamentalists on food stamps, give them free college tuition and housing, and let them live in luxury section 8 apartments.

Maybe if they behave we'll let them pray in LA Fitness locker rooms.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Better invade London too while were at it.
Is there oil there too?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:23 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvega View Post
Marie Harf was so right

‘Jihadi John’: Islamic State killer is identified as Londoner Mohammed Emwazi - The Washington Post

But his real name, according to friends and others familiar with his case, is Mohammed Emwazi, a Briton from a well-to-do family who grew up in West London and graduated from college with a degree in computer programming.

I wonder how many muslim students and graduates of American colleges are sleeper jihadists.
So Obama's jobs program would not dissuade this man from joining ISIL?

Quick, someone tell Jen Psaki and Marie Harf.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:32 PM

549 posts, read 457,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
In times gone by it definitely wouldn't have been considered middle class - it definitely would have been a working class type home. But times have changed and like the US, the middle class has changed. The middle class are in general living more modestly I'd say. Still, this I wouldn't categorise as 'well to do'.

Also bear in mind that although University education is by no means free in the UK, it is a lot cheaper than in the US. It is still state funded to a degree.
So... are there any non-muslim middle or working class people who practice cutting heads after graduating from British universities?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So Obama's jobs program would not dissuade this man from joining ISIL?

Quick, someone tell Jen Psaki and Marie Harf.
Maybe we failed to address Jihadi John's "legitimate grievances."

Old 02-26-2015, 03:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
The purposeful ignorance here never ceases to amaze me. Leadership positions are often by educated people. The discussion about jobs is about the masses of people joining up because theres nothing for them.

Hitler....well educated....would have been NOTHING without people following him-and the horrible economy of Germany as he took control helped him immensely. But if we listen to people like many here we'd start executing software engineers.

Why is this such a difficult concept for people?

Old 02-26-2015, 03:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Actually....read here:

Timeline: Mohammed Emwazi's life

Sooo being Muslim cost him his job, his fiancee, and more. No wonder he is kinda pissed.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:51 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
It's called sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies