Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Can't get much worse than what we have now.

But seriously, this guy must be a real contender for 2016; no other reasonable explanation for why angry leftists are so obsessed with him.
Walker draws standing ovation in CPAC address | Fox News

"As he did in January at the Iowa Freedom Summit, Walker relied again on his four-year record as governor -- touting a drop in unemployment, lower taxes and improved student test scores since ending union-backed teacher tenure."

"Walker arrived at the three-day event in suburban Maryland, just outside of Washington, riding a wave of popularity that ignited in Iowa and that has put him near or atop most polls, with Election Day roughly 21 months away and all of the major candidates yet to officially declare a candidacy."

Old 02-27-2015, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
They talk about him a lot! This guy has been the leftists' boogeyman almost as much as Ted Cruz.
If that's true, they do a good job keeping it out of the public eye. I have seen very little said about him. You would think a politician WANTS people talking about them. In the other hand, it publicity bothers him, then he probably should not consider running.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:20 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,942,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If that's true, they do a good job keeping it out of the public eye. I have seen very little said about him. You would think a politician WANTS people talking about them. In the other hand, it publicity bothers him, then he probably should not consider running.
The problem for the Republican base is they don't , as of now, have anyone strong enough to waste their money on. Midwestern candidate's are always good bets, many were starting to look at Walker as one of those. Christie has way too much baggage and he is from the wrong part of the Country. Their dream ticket would be Sarah and Ted , then there is Donald.........so many choices !

Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 AM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Look up equate now....which is it? (hint: its neither, as he did not say they were similar nor did he say they were related)

You equivocate my pointing out your inability to comprehend basic English with me defending a party line that I have no interest in defending. You can not help but distort peoples words into some political insult. You are a tool for political spin.
Even the National Review shares my sentiments.

National Review

Quote:
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker received a lot of completely undeserved grief from the national news media in the past weeks. But he may have made a genuine unforced error in one of his remarks today.

Asked about ISIS, Walker responded, “If I can take on 100,000 protesters, I can do the same across the globe.”

That is a terrible response. First, taking on a bunch of protesters is not comparably difficult to taking on a Caliphate with sympathizers and terrorists around the globe, and saying so suggests Walker doesn’t quite understand the complexity of the challenge from ISIS and its allied groups.

Secondly, it is insulting to the protesters, a group I take no pleasure in defending. The protesters in Wisconsin, so furiously angry over Walker’s reforms and disruptive to the procedures of passing laws, earned plenty of legitimate criticism. But they’re not ISIS. They’re not beheading innocent people. They’re Americans, and as much as we may find their ideas, worldview, and perspective spectacularly wrongheaded, they don’t deserve to be compared to murderous terrorists.
The National Review. The bastion of last standing conservative semi-intelligence. Formed by my hero, William F. Buckley, and although the conservative rag is a mere shell of the greatness it once was, they seem to know how to call a spade a spade.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:45 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't recall those peaceful protesters, Walker is referring to, beheading anyone.

If Walker thinks Americans who peacefully practice 1st amendment rights has prepared him to fight ISIS, he is delusional.
How does "peaceful" equal protesters showing up at Walker's elderly parents house screaming? What point was made by those protesters? He was more likely talking about the Union theg leaders.

Are you thinking the ONLY way to handle ISIS is war?

Guess people on the left think President Obama is looking tough, by doing nothing. Nothing like supplying the rebels with ammo to kill the Christians and other Muslims in the ME.......Walker may not be ready for President, but I doubt he'd be supplying the rebels around the world with guns, then calling them a JV team.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:50 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Stop it.

Walker didnt mean that at all. I honestly have to disagree with Left of Center people here.
what did he mean?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Hey guys - it wasn't too long ago that there were threads/comments here, one of which was deleted by admin, about a report that compared "conservatives" to ISIS. The report did not say that of course, but I didn't see any Democrat calling that extreme or wrong. I do not agree with what Scott Walker said, and I don't think he's going to be the Presidential candidate for a lot of reasons. But the actions of the protestors against Walker went on for months, were extreme in many, many cases, and he still succeeded.

I don't see conservatives or liberals beheading and killing people and the comparison to ISIS is beyond ridiculous and needs to stop. But really, why all this outrage? You're okay with comparing "conservatives" with ISIS but not okay when it happens to Democrats?

Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 AM

19,776 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Hey guys - it wasn't too long ago that there were threads/comments here, one of which was deleted by admin, about a report that compared "conservatives" to ISIS. The report did not say that of course, but I didn't see any Democrat calling that extreme or wrong. I do not agree with what Scott Walker said, and I don't think he's going to be the Presidential candidate for a lot of reasons. But the actions of the protestors against Walker went on for months, were extreme in many, many cases, and he still succeeded.

I don't see conservatives or liberals beheading and killing people and the comparison to ISIS is beyond ridiculous and needs to stop. But really, why all this outrage? You're okay with comparing "conservatives" with ISIS but not okay when it happens to Democrats?
I'm not conservative or liberal and I'm not okay with it. Criticizing our elected officials or parties, no matter how dysfunctional, is one thing. Comparing them to a vile terrorist organization- no way.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:11 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Don't recall those peaceful protesters, Walker is referring to, beheading anyone.

If Walker thinks Americans who peacefully practice 1st amendment rights has prepared him to fight ISIS, he is delusional.
How many death threats did Walker and his family receive from those "peaceful protesters"?

I agree that comparing some of the protests with ISIS is over the top. But there are some similarities. In both cases you have thugs using threats of violence (or actual violence) go get their way. Degrees of terror.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:23 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Even the National Review shares my sentiments.

National Review

The National Review. The bastion of last standing conservative semi-intelligence. Formed by my hero, William F. Buckley, and although the conservative rag is a mere shell of the greatness it once was, they seem to know how to call a spade a spade.
The National Review saying a Republican goofed is pretty damning. I mean the NRO has degenerated into pants on head crazy territory so much that even Buckley's kid felt the need to disassociate himself from the publication. For them to openly criticize the current Republican hero is really something.

The American Conservative seems to be the last sane-ish source of conservative commentary out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies