Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 03:28 AM

511 posts, read 509,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Also went through it with the mother of a friend of mine. Medicaid puts first lien on the home in head of any mortgages. Medicaid sets a fair market value so it can't be sold for less. In relation to this thread, since both are still alive the home is sort of safe as long as they are living in it. if one of them moves into an assisted care facility then the rules change.
As long as a child lives in it, they cannot take it away. Also if it suddenly becomes a money maker, such as you host a haunted house in it every October, then that makes it less likely they can kick you out becuase it is part of your income which sustains you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 03:31 AM

511 posts, read 509,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Maybe if Obamacare had done ANYTHING to improve even one of the countless problems of our grossly dysfunctional health care system, the Sheriff would have supported it.

It's amazing that Obamacare failed to address ANY of the existing problems with our health care system, despite stealing an ADDITIONAL $1 trillion from the pockets of working class taxpayers in order to pad the profits of the Big Business corporations that priced health care beyond the reach of the working class. CBO/JCT CONFIRM THAT OBAMACARE IS A $1 TRILLION TAX HIKE | House Committee on Ways & Means Amazing, but not surprising, that Big Government is the best friend that Big Business ever had, while the lowly working class taxpayer gets an even bigger bill with nothing to show for it.
From the medical care I've received through obamacare, and the dental care, I am now working a second job which I love. Before I was tired all the time could barely work the first job. I was stressing to pay for food since money went to medical bills instead. Life is so much better when you are healthy.
Now I don't need obamacare and am working alot ....but sure can't help but be thankful for it.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:10 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
There is actually a lot there, but it helps if you read and comprehend the words.

Please, he is not some down and out bum who couldn't afford any insurance. He chose not to get any.

The general point is that only an idiot conservative would put himself into the position of having to beg for healthcare funds that he out of principle spurned by foregoing healthcare insurance.
Not really, but it does say he is not a current sheriff and has not been a sheriff for many years.

Again, maybe idiot liberals (and those that support it) would not have signed the ACA into law, he would have insurance...

Old 03-01-2015, 07:14 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
So nobody has an answer whether he could even afford insurance...
All the left sees is he is a conservative, that refused insurance, or maybe he could not afford insurance....nobody knows...

But hey, never let a good slam story go to waste, right....even if you don't know the entire story...

Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
From the medical care I've received through obamacare, and the dental care, I am now working a second job which I love. Before I was tired all the time could barely work the first job. I was stressing to pay for food since money went to medical bills instead. Life is so much better when you are healthy.
Now I don't need obamacare and am working alot ....but sure can't help but be thankful for it.
Have you ever thought at who's expense you were able to have it?

There are 2 ways to get something.....buy it yourself or have someone else buy it for you. I prefer the former.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:22 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Have you ever thought at who's expense you were able to have it?

There are 2 ways to get something.....buy it yourself or have someone else buy it for you. I prefer the former.
I do, too, which is why I pay my monthly premium for the healthcare I have purchased for myself. But the good sheriff in question obviously prefers the latter. So...how much have you ponied up in response to his begging to have everyone else buy his healthcare for him?

Old 03-01-2015, 07:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
People are so quick to jump and point fingers and have all the answers and they don't know squat about someone else's circumstances......walk a mile in their shoes before you jump on the bandwagon of having all the answers.....I know, I know, some on here have lived the perfect life and made all the right choices and blah, blah, blah.
That's an old liberal argument, and all of a sudden all right wingers want to agree with it.

What do you think people would be saying if this guy was a democrat?

Old 03-01-2015, 08:12 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's an old liberal argument, and all of a sudden all right wingers want to agree with it.

What do you think people would be saying if this guy was a democrat?
You don't have to wonder. All you need do is go read any Obamacare thread on this forum. Any one of them will do because the message from the right is always the same. People who can't afford unsubsidized healthcare are mooches, leeches, and too damn lazy to get off their fat asses and work harder so they can afford health insurance. I've been told that myself again and again and again right here on C-D.

Except if the leech is a right winger. Those people are simply poor victims that we need to all help support.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:01 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
lol... You can't make this stuff up. The same people who were cold hearted and tols people to work harder and save money for HC are now whining about the pack of compassion for one of their own.

Newsflash people... most of us will get sick or need surgery as we get older.

Freaking idiots

Old 03-01-2015, 09:23 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So nobody has an answer whether he could even afford insurance...
All the left sees is he is a conservative, that refused insurance, or maybe he could not afford insurance....nobody knows...

But hey, never let a good slam story go to waste, right....even if you don't know the entire story...
If he couldn't afford it, he could have gone on the exchange and applied for a subsidy. That would have allowed him to get excellent coverage for only about $350 a month. To me that seems mighty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies