Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:21 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,468,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Nope - I have no personal or impersonal obligation to support you or anyone else - Only myself and my family.

It is called "Personal Responsibility" - a term you Washington types know little about.

Ah, yes, more Right Wing Tripe. Where is the sense of Right Wing Responsibility in the business sector, as in massive outsourcing, support for nonenforcement of existing laws against employment of illegal aliens, and the Mortgage fraud mess? Right Wing Responsibility doesn't go very far when MONEY is involved. It's a very old story ...

Yes, let's just have a talk about Ponzi Schemes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 12:23 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,302,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Ah, yes, more Right Wing Tripe. Where is the sense of Right Wing Responsibility in the business sector, as in massive outsourcing, support for nonenforcement of existing laws against employment of illegal aliens, and the Mortgage fraud mess? Right Wing Responsibility doesn't go very far when MONEY is involved. It's a very old story ...

Yes, let's just have a talk about Ponzi Schemes!
We are talking SS here.

IMO, your post is off topic

Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
We are talking SS here.

IMO, your post is off topic

You brought up the tripe about "Responsibility." OFF-TOPIC, right? But no, it's not off-topic because it's a plank in the almighty GOP platform year after year! hahahaha What reponsibility the Right practices in this country! hahahaha

Old 01-14-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
You brought up the tripe about "Responsibility." OFF-TOPIC, right? But no, it's not off-topic because it's a plank in the almighty GOP platform year after year!
Sorry Bubba but, the context of my post was that I am responsible to take care of myself and my family - that I do not have any responsibility to take care of you in your old age.

And, inasmuch as I am not a Republican, or Democrat - I am registered as no party preference, your GOP remark is meaningless

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Sorry Bubba but, the context of my post was that I am responsible to take care of myself and my family - that I do not have any responsibility to take care of you in your old age.

You are remarking about your personal political philosophy. The law is the law. If you wish to protest by transgressing the law, you will be prosecuted. Unless you are employing an illegal alien, then you will not be prosecuted, most likely, thanks to the present GOP-led administration, which is heavily and successfully lobbied by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
You are remarking about your personal political philosophy. The law is the law. If you wish to protest by not participating, you will be prosecuted.
I'm sorry but, you are mistaken.

I have not "participated" by "contribution" to Social Security in almost 3 decades. I do not have a SSN - I have a TIN

I withdrew from the system many years ago - quite legally I might add.

So, once again, you are wrong.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Notice my post was already edited.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Notice my post was already edited.
Does not alter my post though

I legally withdrew from the Social Security system and have not paid into it for almost 3 decades

Your objections notwithstanding

Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 PM

You still don't get it. But you seem to be hard-core libertarian. You don't seem to understand that as government shrinks, the 'little people' get hurt more. And there are a lot more 'little people' than 'big people'. Democracy must be a dirty word for libertarians.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You still don't get it. But you seem to be hard-core libertarian. You don't seem to understand that as government shrinks, the 'little people' get hurt more. And there are a lot more 'little people' than 'big people'. Democracy must be a dirty word for libertarians.
'Cuse me?

I'm talking about withdrawing from social security -

I'm not a libertarian - didn't you read where I said, clearly, I'm registered as NO PARTY PREFERENCE??????

Your post above is clearly off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies