Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:47 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm wondering how they're able to apply for welfare without any form of ID. Seems they supposedly can't get an ID for voting purposes, but can magically do so to sign up for welfare? How stupid do they think we are?
If they're reading this thread they probably think you're very stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
I'm wondering how they're able to apply for welfare without any form of ID. Seems they supposedly can't get an ID for voting purposes, but can magically do so to sign up for welfare? How stupid do they think we are?
The ID used for welfare can't be used as a voter ID. Welfare doesn't require a photo ID.

My God! Did you really think the Republicans would put out a voter ID law that accepts an ID most low income people already have?

Old 03-10-2015, 05:41 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
It does NOT matter what they are paying taxes on. All that matters is that they pay taxes.

And yes they do pay property taxes many of them. It's called rent

Your hatred and contempt for regular working people is ****ing sickening. Where do they get this money they're spending that you claim they didn't earn? THEY WORKED FOR IT! What the hell is wrong with you?
Now your splitting hairs about rent...... and if you want to get technical..... for people who are getting Section 8 housing assistance... they are not paying that either. We who are hard hit with taxes are.

I don't have contempt for the WORKING people who need a little hand up. What I do have pure and utter contempt for are people who pop out kids like rabbits. Who demand that I not only feed them lock stock and barrel, but also put a roof over their heads, and cell-phones in their hands. Who drive uninsured so that my car insurance goes catastrophic to pay for their uninsured driver accidents. Those who now get the benefit of lower health insurance since my premiums went up to cover theirs. Let them become consumers who actually have to learn how to clip a coupon so they can make their budget go further. Let them be the ones who don't have data plans on those cell-phones, because that 40.00 per month might help feed one of their five kids.

You see... the benefit amounts they take in... actually TOTALS more than my annual salary. I am so blessed that my husband makes a good salary. Are we rich. No. But my whole damn salary goes to pay our tax. Every last dime of it (+more). So I work for nothing if you want to get technical about it. The fact is I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for anyone other than my family. I'm old and I'm tired. And I'm tired of being someone else's piggy-bank. So your hatred of ME, a regular working person is just as sickening. And actually maybe worse, because not only do you hate me you but your still willing to shove yours and everyone else's hands deeper into my pocket. I'm down to nothing left but lint in that pocket now..... My husband's eighty hour per week job + my 40 don't qualify us as normal working folks? You know what... I really don't give a rats a$$ what people like you think anymore.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:01 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Your hatred and contempt for regular working people is ****ing sickening. Where do they get this money they're spending that you claim they didn't earn? THEY WORKED FOR IT! What the hell is wrong with you?
So why can't other regular working people keep the money for which they've worked? Why do they have to pay federal income tax?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
They are paying their fair share.
No, they're not. Look at the chart I posted. They're TAKING significantly more than they contribute.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 AM

Quote:
What the hell part of if you work for a pay check that's your money do you cons not get?
It's the tax happy liberals who don't get that. Other people work for a pay check, too, but liberals want to take increasingly higher amounts of that money via a tax that not all workers have to pay.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
The ID used for welfare can't be used as a voter ID. Welfare doesn't require a photo ID.
It requires forms of ID and an application, the same as a photo ID does. How is it they can provide that when applying for welfare, but can't provide that to obtain a photo ID?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
The fact is I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for anyone other than my family. I'm old and I'm tired. And I'm tired of being someone else's piggy-bank. So your hatred of ME, a regular working person is just as sickening. And actually maybe worse, because not only do you hate me you but you're still willing to shove yours and everyone else's hands deeper into my pocket. I'm down to nothing left but lint in that pocket now..... My husband's eighty hour per week job + my 40 don't qualify us as normal working folks? You know what... I really don't give a rats a$$ what people like you think anymore.
Exactly. Very well said.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:24 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,143,759 times
Quote:
Indeed, they are. They're getting more in government services and benefits than they're paying in taxes. That's the very definition of parasitism. They are indeed leeches, unless they've paid years of significantly higher taxes at other points in their lives (as have some retirees).

(The image appearing in this post does not violate copyright law. The Perfect 10, Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc. ruling in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit explained why the method of inline linking which causes the image to appear in this post does not violate US copyright law.)
What strikes me about this chart the most. I'd bet that a great deal of the people that fall in the 20% category are also the people who like me, clip coupons to be able to afford to eat, drive a 10 year old car that may not look great but at least runs good, live in a normal home not a McMansion, and struggle to keep their budgets balanced. But apparently... we're not WORKING enough....

Old 03-10-2015, 06:11 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Now your splitting hairs about rent...... and if you want to get technical..... for people who are getting Section 8 housing assistance... they are not paying that either. We who are hard hit with taxes are.

I don't have contempt for the WORKING people who need a little hand up. What I do have pure and utter contempt for are people who pop out kids like rabbits. Who demand that I not only feed them lock stock and barrel, but also put a roof over their heads, and cell-phones in their hands. Who drive uninsured so that my car insurance goes catastrophic to pay for their uninsured driver accidents. Those who now get the benefit of lower health insurance since my premiums went up to cover theirs. Let them become consumers who actually have to learn how to clip a coupon so they can make their budget go further. Let them be the ones who don't have data plans on those cell-phones, because that 40.00 per month might help feed one of their five kids.

You see... the benefit amounts they take in... actually TOTALS more than my annual salary. I am so blessed that my husband makes a good salary. Are we rich. No. But my whole damn salary goes to pay our tax. Every last dime of it (+more). So I work for nothing if you want to get technical about it. The fact is I am NOT RESPONSIBLE for anyone other than my family. I'm old and I'm tired. And I'm tired of being someone else's piggy-bank. So your hatred of ME, a regular working person is just as sickening. And actually maybe worse, because not only do you hate me you but your still willing to shove yours and everyone else's hands deeper into my pocket. I'm down to nothing left but lint in that pocket now..... My husband's eighty hour per week job + my 40 don't qualify us as normal working folks? You know what... I really don't give a rats a$$ what people like you think anymore.
I dislike working people who found their success after went through their free public education and rely on our public roads and public police and now think they shouldn't have to pay for the same for anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies