Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the appropriate punishment for the student who gave his english teacher a marijuana cookie?
Nothing - It's a harmless prank 12 10.53%
Suspension 30 26.32%
Expulsion 28 24.56%
File charges of food tampering - up to 10 years in prison. 44 38.60%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Agreed. What the kid did was egregious (although i'm still laughing my ass off about it), and you've gotta hold him responsible.

But this sounds like expulsion from school and a year or so of community service is in order. Prison time is absolutely ludicrous. Americans need to get over this addiction to sending everyone including jaywalkers to prison. It's patently absurd.

Sure the punishment should fit the crime. Like I said, it's a good bet the teacher won't be permanently harmed. However; if you've never smoked pot, and especially if you eat it, it may not be a pleasant experience. Especially if you're not expecting it. So, expulson and perhaps community service would be reasonable. Had it been something more harmful that could have done more damage, or something that could have tainted the food causing violent illness, then the penalty should be stiffer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 10:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sure the punishment should fit the crime. Like I said, it's a good bet the teacher won't be permanently harmed. However; if you've never smoked pot, and especially if you eat it, it may not be a pleasant experience. Especially if you're not expecting it. So, expulson and perhaps community service would be reasonable. Had it been something more harmful that could have done more damage, or something that could have tainted the food causing violent illness, then the penalty should be stiffer.
I'm pretty sure that the teacher isn't permanently harmed. It was probably just a sick feeling for a few hours and it was over. Folks acting as if the teacher had Ebola symptoms is ludicrous.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The first thing I wondered was, why would any teacher eat anything that a student supposedly made?
I too would not eat anything given to me by a student. Heck, I probably would not accept any food or anything else from a student.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:40 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,048,123 times
A or B. It's harmless but rude.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
Having to go the hospital over getting stoned? SERIOUSLY??

I'd be thanking the kid and wanting more!

Old 03-09-2015, 12:28 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post

I'm fairly certain he just went to the hospital because he didn't know why he felt strange. How he managed to not taste the pot in the cookies is beyond me, but either way, he may have felt sick and just wanted to be sure.

And of course, as I've made clear in my previous posts, a lot of people are blowing that out of proportion. Many here are assuming that he was rushing to the hospital, the whole way wonder if he was going to die, and that's simply not the case. He felt weird, saw a doctor, he explained to him that he at a pot cookie, and he took some days off of work.

All in all, this was a prank; a stupid one, but not one that warrants jail time.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:18 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:

You are an

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'm fairly certain he just went to the hospital because he didn't know why he felt strange. How he managed to not taste the pot in the cookies is beyond me, but either way, he may have felt sick and just wanted to be sure.

And of course, as I've made clear in my previous posts, a lot of people are blowing that out of proportion. Many here are assuming that he was rushing to the hospital, the whole way wonder if he was going to die, and that's simply not the case. He felt weird, saw a doctor, he explained to him that he at a pot cookie, and he took some days off of work.

All in all, this was a prank; a stupid one, but not one that warrants jail time.
How are you fairly certain??

It drives me nuts when people believe they know something like this.
You have no idea. You weren't there. You haven't talked to this person.

To be "fairly certain" is just

Old 03-10-2015, 06:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

But if you've never smoked pot, or eaten pot brownies before, and don't know the effects, one minute you're fine, and then the next minute you're trippin' balls???? Yeah I can see how one would make a trip to the hospital. As I said earlier in the thread, once it's determined what it was, it's most likely that the teacher won't be permanently harmed. Again, I fully support ending prohibiton, but my issue is A) screwing with someone's food, or in this instance slipping them unknowingly a pot brownie. NOT COOL! And B) if this jacka** kid is willing to slip his teacher a pot brownine, what else will he do next? Next time it could be he slips some unsuspecting girl a roofie! Finally, I hate suprises, so if one did slip me something without my knowledge, be it something in my drink, or a pot brownie, or tampered with my food and I find out the culprit, I'm kickin' there a**!

Old 03-10-2015, 06:54 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But putting fake vomit on a teachers chair could induce a heart attack. So maybe that should be a crime too.

Unless this is something the kid has done before, I would maybe suspend him for one day. There is no need to ruin his life over a relatively harmless prank.
The ignorance on marijuana in this thread is astounding. If you haven't eaten nor read about the effects of consuming marijuana orally, please refrain from trivializing it and suggesting that it's a "harmless prank" (or that you'd be happy, stoned, and thanking the kid). Eating marijuana can produce a very different, much stronger, result than smoking. Because of the byproduct produced by the liver, it can cause hallucinations similar to an LSD or shroom trip, and trips aren't always fun. Anyone who's ever had a bad trip can tell you it is one of the worst experiences imaginable. Of course the other side effects can include severe nausea and vomiting, amongst other unpleasant things. And since the teacher didn't know what he was eating, there is a very good chance he consumed a high dose of THC, high enough to have a very bad experience that could have lasted up to, or beyond, 24 hours.

This kid needs to be expelled. I can't see how that could even be a question. He essentially poisoned his teacher. He probably thought it was a "harmless prank" because, like some of the commenters on this thread, he wasn't educated on MJ edibles.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:

Ignorance at it's finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm pretty sure that the teacher isn't permanently harmed. It was probably just a sick feeling for a few hours and it was over. Folks acting as if the teacher had Ebola symptoms is ludicrous.
He still should be expelled. He poisoned his teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies