Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the appropriate punishment for the student who gave his english teacher a marijuana cookie?
Nothing - It's a harmless prank 12 10.53%
Suspension 30 26.32%
Expulsion 28 24.56%
File charges of food tampering - up to 10 years in prison. 44 38.60%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 10:44 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
No, no it can't. If you eat maybe 6 or 7 cookies things may look more detailed and intense but you will NEVER hallucinate. Heck, do you have any idea how much lsd or psylocybin mushrooms you need to consumer to actually hallucinate? Your comparison is ridiculous. Eating it can indeed make it last longer, though 24 hours is ridiculous for 1 cookie. At worst the teacher felt very uncomfortable, light headed, and uncontrollably tired. Which if not expecting it would probably make someone go to a med center, a hospital is a bit overactive for this symptoms. I'm not defending this kid at all, he's a jerk. But ya'll are letting your imaginations run wild.
Yeah no kidding. I guarantee the worst "effect" this guy had was the munchies. I've smoked MJ for decades and eaten PLENTY consumables from cookies to lollipops many at once, and I have NEVER "hallucinated" or had a bad trip.

Saying he poisoned the teacher is ridiculous. As if he gave him rat poison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 11:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Yeah no kidding. I guarantee the worst "effect" this guy had was the munchies. I've smoked MJ for decades and eaten PLENTY consumables from cookies to lollipops many at once, and I have NEVER "hallucinated" or had a bad trip.

Saying he poisoned the teacher is ridiculous. As if he gave him rat poison.
Perhaps decades of smoking has warped the part of your brain that should know that your experience should not be generalized to everyone else ?

Particularly for someone who is not expecting the effects. If the only effect the guy had was the munchies, he'd have gone to a restaurant instead of the hospital.

Arguing the student shouldn't go to prison is one thing. Arguing that he couldn't feel that something was very wrong makes no sense, except maybe to others who've smoked for decades.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:28 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Perhaps decades of smoking has warped the part of your brain that should know that your experience should not be generalized to everyone else ?

Particularly for someone who is not expecting the effects. If the only effect the guy had was the munchies, he'd have gone to a restaurant instead of the hospital.

Arguing the student shouldn't go to prison is one thing. Arguing that he couldn't feel that something was very wrong makes no sense, except maybe to others who've smoked for decades.
Oh please, stop believing all the BS the government says about MJ. Sure if you hadn't smoked before you'd have a different feeling but it wouldn't be bad. It's been in use since Antiquity for crying out loud. As much as you and the govt may want to believe it's as bad as crack cocaine it isn't.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Oh please, stop believing all the BS the government says about MJ. Sure if you hadn't smoked before you'd have a different feeling but it wouldn't be bad. It's been in use since Antiquity for crying out loud. As much as you and the govt may want to believe it's as bad as crack cocaine it isn't.
Get a grip. Nobody brought up crack except you. Nobody claims she'd decide to give heroin a try next week or get lung disease. Now ...

Put the pipe down, and focus, F-O-C-U-S. Unless you smoke for purely medicinal purposes, the purpose is to alter your mind, along with motor skills, sensory perceptions, etc..

If the teacher isn't used to or expecting those changes, why the heck wouldn't she become worried. Out of nowhere, her perception, cognition, mood, and behavior changes. You expect she'd feel good ? ... get back to the pipe.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:33 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,551,791 times
Quote:
I don't know exactly what he felt. But 1 cookie? come on, I know people who have eaten half a tray of brownies and though it was intense they didn't hallucinate once. Heck if you drop lsd it has to be a considerably strong dose to induce hallucinating, and as for mushrooms you'd have to ingest at leas 2.5 grams to get even a hint of hallucinating. So a cookie with say a gram of mary jane couldn't possibly cause a human being to hallucinate.
Do you think every cookie, from every baker around the world, has the same dosage of THC? It all depends on the amount of hash oil/butter/fatty mixture used in each batch. He could've had a cookie with a very high concentration of THC. Also, everyone reacts differently, and some people are a lot more sensitive to the effects than others.

You know what? I'm tired of arguing. Maybe some of you need to have the experience yourself. Go to Denver and get some edibles and stuff your face. Wait an hour or so and let us know how you're feeling.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
hahaha, no, you're wrong, have you? I SERIOUSLY doubt it.
I have. Firecrackers. No, I didn't hallucinate (besides my imagination being on overdrive). But I was what you would consider absolutely stoned. Overall not a great experience and it hit me HARD. I could barely function. I slept for close to 14 hours and barely realized it. But I also was careful not to ingest a whole lot, and not to ingest it all in one sitting because edibles take longer to reach the bloodstream. A more experienced friend of mine, who taught me how to make firecrackers, has hallucinated from eating his own bakes.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:43 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
Back in the 70's when I was in high school, I was on the school paper as a Freshman. The school policy was to only allow Junior and Senior students on the paper, but I was already working for a major newspaper as a photo journalist, and my creds got me allowed on the school paper.

The newspapers sponsor, an English teacher, was a 40 year old hippy in hiding. He'd make comments about his younger days and those that heard him and could draw a line from his comments, knew he was 'up on things'.

My Senior year, still on the paper, now editor, I played a prank on him. Way back then, it was ok for him to smoke his pike in his office that was separated (only by a 6 foot wall and ) door in an 8 foot room.
I substituted his pipe tobacco with a 'modern day version' - and when he went into his office this one day to light up, we could all smell this 'wacky weed' he was smoking.

A few minutes later, starry eyed and all, out came Mr. D... from his office.
He kept saying things like, 'They must have changed the blend of this cause it tastes different'...
Those of us that knew what had happened, were rolling on the floor with laughter. I'm laughing now, some 35+ years later.

So, I'd not be a good judge as to what to do to the person that did this - having known (wink, wink, I didn't inhale) several people who smoked pot, I never thought smoking it would 'poison' you... Just make you reach for the Doritos... and the Visine.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:08 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
Back in the 70's when I was in high school, I was on the school paper as a Freshman. The school policy was to only allow Junior and Senior students on the paper, but I was already working for a major newspaper as a photo journalist, and my creds got me allowed on the school paper.

The newspapers sponsor, an English teacher, was a 40 year old hippy in hiding. He'd make comments about his younger days and those that heard him and could draw a line from his comments, knew he was 'up on things'.

My Senior year, still on the paper, now editor, I played a prank on him. Way back then, it was ok for him to smoke his pike in his office that was separated (only by a 6 foot wall and ) door in an 8 foot room.
I substituted his pipe tobacco with a 'modern day version' - and when he went into his office this one day to light up, we could all smell this 'wacky weed' he was smoking.

A few minutes later, starry eyed and all, out came Mr. D... from his office.
He kept saying things like, 'They must have changed the blend of this cause it tastes different'...
Those of us that knew what had happened, were rolling on the floor with laughter. I'm laughing now, some 35+ years later.

So, I'd not be a good judge as to what to do to the person that did this - having known (wink, wink, I didn't inhale) several people who smoked pot, I never thought smoking it would 'poison' you... Just make you reach for the Doritos... and the Visine.
It has been said that Pot of today has more chemicals in it AND it is stronger.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It has been said that Pot of today has more chemicals in it AND it is stronger.
Today's MJ is not nearly the same as it was 40 years ago. Our knowledge of growing has gotten way better. Anything from midgrade up is grown indoors nowadays, where everything from lighting to humidity to pH balance of the soil is precisely controlled.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:59 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times
And with that improvement, comes a significant price increase...
I'm told (wink, wink) that an ounce of that stuff back in my day could be bought for $25.00... today, that's laughable...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies