Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 07:08 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is exactly the point. There is nothing for the president to bring to Congress at this point because the U.S. and our allies are in still in talks right now.

Demanding to be shown something that doesn't exist yet shows their extreme ignorance about what negotiations involve. Or it shows that they don't give a damn about anything but trying to embarrass and undermine the president. Or it shows that they don't want any agreement to ever be reached because it will interfere with their plans to take the U.S. into war with Iran alongside Israel.

Most likely all of the above are the truth. Which shows that this group of Republicans are one of the biggest threat America faces at the moment.
"because the U.S. and our allies are in still in talks right now."

And Congress has been left out in the cold.

If Obama want the Senate to pass his agreement he should at the least consult with them to get them on his side.

He CAN'T expect the Senate to go along with an agreement that they know nothing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 07:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
They weren't negotiating with Iran, they were informing. Iran of the possible consequences if a Republican president gets elected.
They told Iran to not trust Americans while US was in middle of negotiations with Iran. It's pretty serious.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm willing to let it slide because they are Republicans and I'm a Republican voter. In the same way, I'd expect Democrats would let it slide if it were Democrat Senators going around a Republican president.
You'll let anything slide as long as your party does it, and rant and rave when the other party does it. It shows complete lack of principles.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They told Iran to not trust Americans while US was in middle of negotiations with Iran. It's pretty serious.
I most certainly don't trust the administration after so many lies so I certainly wouldn't blame Iran for not trusting them. Granted it was sort of pointing out the obvious.

I saw an article that went with the headline "Republicans hate the administration more than a nuclear Iran".

While I'm not a Republican and hate is the wrong word, I worry far more about this administration than I do a nuclear Iran.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"because the U.S. and our allies are in still in talks right now."

And Congress has been left out in the cold.
Yes, the Congress needs to stop pretending there has ever been the case when the Congress has sat in during negotiation process of any agreement. It is as if they are completely clueless of how things work in this country.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I most certainly don't trust the administration after so many lies so I certainly wouldn't blame Iran for not trusting them.
What you choose to trust or to not trust is quite irrelevant. Iranians have not said if they trust, or no not trust the United States in this case, but the point (which escapes you) is the fact that the Senators are telling the world that agreements with the United States cannot be trusted.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-12-2015 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-12-2015, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Iran Letter: 165,000+ Sign Petition to Prosecute GOP Senators for Treason

A petition on whitehouse.gov calling for charges to be filed against the 47 senators who sent an open letter to the leaders of Iran, possibly in violation of the Logan Act, has collected more than 165,000 signatures in less than two days.

Because the petition exceeded 100,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House is required to respond.

The creator of this petition, known only by the initials C.H., alleges that the 47 senators “committed a treasonous offense when they decided to violate the Logan Act, a 1799 law which forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments.”

Iran Letter: 165,000+ Sign Petition to Prosecute GOP Senators for Treason - ABC News

I bet money I could get a petition signed with over 4 million, just in my state alone, that would be in opposite of their views, and they / those that signed the petition against the Senate, be put before a firing squad.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Yes, the Congress needs to stop pretending there has ever been the case when the Congress has sat in during negotiation process of any agreement. It is as if they are completely clueless of how things work in this country.
They are not clueless and their intent was and remains to undermine this and a Hillary Administration.

My Republican Senator went with the flow to secure GOP funding of his reelection campaign.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
What you choose to trust or to not trust is quite irrelevant. Iranians have not said if they trust, or no not trust the United States in this case, but the point (which escapes you) is the fact that the Senators telling the world that agreements with the United States cannot be trusted.
Except, as you know very well, Congress did not tell them that. Instead, they explained in an open letter how our Consitution works and where the authority to approve policy and long-term, binding international agreements resides. Which is with Congress, and more specifically in this case, the US Senate.

You know that, and yet you continue to make false statements contrary to what you know. What do you expect us to take from that?

Old 03-12-2015, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
What you choose to trust or to not trust is quite irrelevant. Iranians have not said if they trust, or no not trust the United States in this case, but the point (which escapes you) is the fact that the Senators telling the world that agreements with the United States cannot be trusted.
I've stated many times the first thing I look for in a politician is honesty. I would rather support an honest politician I disagree with than a dishonest one that says he agrees with me.

In this case they are just being honest. We have never had a problem ignoring agreements or treaties we later disagree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies