Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 11:04 PM

922 posts, read 807,012 times

Advertisements

I am not White nor am I American but I have lived there, I think African- Americans as a group can't compete in American Society so they blame the system and blame white people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 07:19 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
I am not White nor am I American but I have lived there, I think African- Americans as a group can't compete in American Society so they blame the system and blame white people.
I don't agree. It's more like some of them DON'T want to compete and blame us for their problems. They CAN compete if they really wanted to as a group. I def agree that some of them, like some people of any race, don't have what it takes.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:22 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
If you were the minority, and the majority votes in a bunch of bigots and racists - yes - then there's sympathy for the minority being discriminated against. You own 70% of the vote?, that does not give a right to those in charge to discriminate, but it says that those allegedly being discriminated against really don't care. And maybe they didn't really care. Maybe it was Al Sharpton and the gang that got all this worked up.
"that does not give a right to those in charge to discriminate,"

Always with the SAME excuse.

If 70% or the people in town are BLACK and a crime is committed, chance are it was a black person who committed the crime.

And in THIS case, the police WERE CALLED by SEVERAL store owners who complained abut a PARTICULAR person.

So, please show where ANY discrimination occurred.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:28 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It has nothing to do with voting. It has to do with the police force who are mainly white. This is the problem.
It is ONLY a problem if you can PROVE that QUALIFIED blacks were DENIED a job as a police officer.

Can you?

Maybe ALL the white police officer's should REFUSE to go into Ferguson.

Old 03-16-2015, 12:59 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Maybe ALL the white police officer's should REFUSE to go into Ferguson.
I know I would refuse.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
hey news flash
the cops have done nothing wrong
why is this myth going on an on an on!!
the folks of this town, at least some of them have bought into a line of sh** but out by bigots and race pimps
Al Sharpton
Obama
Holder
CNN
there was never a Hands up dont shoot
that was a lie
but threads like this just keep it going

Old 03-16-2015, 02:28 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Of course, this narrative that Holder, Obama, and the media are pushing makes no sense at all. If Ferguson was waging some reign of terror against its black citizens, why did almost none of them show up to vote for new leadership? The town went from being 75% white in 1990 to 70% black in 2010. Why did so many black people move to this awful, racist town? And don't these stats suggest that Ferguson is a lousy place for white people more so than black people?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Tired of hearing about discrimination, targeting minorities, and the like. Ferguson MO is nearly 70% black, and only about 10% voted, thus they ended up with "minority" (white) leaders in local government BECAUSE THE RESIDENTS NEVER BOTHERED TO VOTE WHO THEY WANTED TO LEAD THE TOWN. It could have been a black mayor, black chief, maybe black officers (if enough applied for the jobs)..........but NO - they never voted, and now they scream and cry about discrimination. Well, they brought this on themselves, have only themselves to blame, and hopefully next time, they will show up at the polls to vote who THEY want to lead their town.
That pretty much blows the right wing conservative theory that Democratic politicians pander to black people for their votes now doesn't it?

Last edited by mohawkx; 03-16-2015 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-16-2015, 03:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
It works all the time, because every problem we have in this country is related to race relations, discrimination, profiling, racism, inequality, economic segregation .
That is bull. Nowhere in this country is anyone told they must live in any particular neighborhood. There is no forced segregation. ALL segregation is self inflicted. Groups want to live around others of their own kind. Whether that be white, catholic, rich, poor, liberal, artistic, etc... Everybody wants their neighbors to have something in common so they can talk comfortably with each other.

Most profiling makes sense. " Ma'am, can you describe the person who hit you? Yes, officer, he was a Hispanic, man about 30 years old with a prosthetic arm and a mullet haircut. He was driving a white van ". Do you think the next thing that happens is the cops run to the local crack house and shoot all the black women? No. They start pulling over white vans with Hispanic men looking for prosthetic arms. That is profiling. It was even racial profiling since the witness identified a racial trait for the cops to look for.

Every instance of someone being treated in a less than polite manner has been where the mistreated person displays certain behaviors. They walk into a store and avoid eye contact, get nervous when clerks pay attention to them, get defensive or aggressive verbally for no apparent reason. These behaviors make other think you are up to no good and they treat you like a criminal at that point. If you are unlucky enough to share visible characteristics of a group that often exhibits such behavior, then you get suspicion until you can show that you act differently. I have personal experience with this and have shown time and again that I can get treated differently just by how I act and respond to people. This is NOT racism, it is stereotypical response to expected behavior. Just like you flinch when someone raise a hand as if to hit you, you get less polite when someone acts like the thugs that keep robbing you.

Cops learn very quick that most minorities mistrust them and can get aggressive or even violent quickly out of fear from the cops authority. Consider most situations cops come face to face with people are when a crime is observed or reported already. Only a moron would come up to you with a hug and a kiss after being told you just robbed, shot, knifed or raped some a little bit ago.

A cop pulls me over and I get respectful real quick. Even if I was in a bad mood or whatever. I give the cop zero reason to hassle me and every opportunity to get comfortable with me. I make eye contact, I make slow movements and keep my hands visible. I don't dig in my pockets or turn away from them. I say Yessir and Nosir. I don't argue with them. EVER. Even when I know I am in the right. I ask question to show what I think is going on and alert them that if have a different opinion, but as soon as the cop addresses that, positively or not, I drop the issue. I can argue in a court to the judge safer than I can with a cop with a taser.

If you really think all our problems stem from these factors you described, then you have a really skewed and myopic view of the world. It would benefit you GREATLY to get out and observe the rest of civilization with an unprejudiced mindset and catch on to how everyone else lives their lives.

Old 03-16-2015, 03:06 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,606,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That pretty much blows the right wing conservative theory that Democratic politicians pander to black people for their votes now doesn't it?
Nope. 99% of 10% of the vote is better than 50% of that same 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies