Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
When you sell your country out to make a few more dollars, that is definitely evil and the worship of money.
The big-picture bottom line here is this....

The pro-globalists DO have skin in the game. They're playing to lose in the long run, right along with the rest of us, but they're just too near-sighted and narcissistic to understand that. They simply don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,386,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I may have missed something, but I was talking about increased taxes on Capital Gain Profits as the result of investing in foreign markets or companies you own abroad utilizing foreign labor.

My point all along was that those that are for Pro Globalism need to have skin in the game and need to feel the repercussions that they visit onto this nation and its people.
You and I are relatively close in what we are talking about. The Texan that is Happy misread slightly what I wrote.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
It is easy. Just sell at less than you bought it for and no gain. No gain for the CEO too. Or take the profits and roll it over into paying those foreign workers US minimum wage or higher.
The company is not involved whatsoever in individual stock sales.

Do you even know how cap gains works ?

For a company to have capital gains/losses the COMPANY needs to sell assets.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The big-picture bottom line here is this....

The pro-globalists DO have skin in the game. They're playing to lose in the long run, right along with the rest of us, but they're just too near-sighted and narcissistic to understand that. They simply don't get it.
They have been schooled in Austrian economics and so don't get macro economics. One person can profit by outsourcing they all loose by outsourcing.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
You and I are relatively close in what we are talking about. The Texan that is Happy misread slightly what I wrote.
You want to tax individuals on their sale of assets to get back at corporations that outsource.

You realize that for a corporation to have cap gains/losses the corporation has to sell their assets.
But they contract out so there are no assets to sell.

Maybe you're talking about profits here and not capital gains ?

Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The company is not involved whatsoever in individual stock sales.

Do you even know how cap gains works ?

For a company to have capital gains/losses the COMPANY needs to sell assets.
Let me see. I buy stock in say Wal-Mart at $200 per share. I sell it at $300 per share. I owe tax on that $100 difference as capital gains. Now Wal-Mart is bad at paying low wages. So the tax on selling that stock would be $110. So I'd say to my broker sell at less than I paid for it. Sell it at $199 so I take a $1 loss per share instead of a $10 loss per share in net tax penalty.

Takes all the fun out of outsourcing doesn't it.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Let me see. I buy stock in say Wal-Mart at $200 per share. I sell it at $300 per share. I owe tax on that $100 difference as capital gains. Now Wal-Mart is bad at paying low wages. So the tax on selling that stock would be $110. So I'd say to my broker sell at less than I paid for it. Sell it at $199 so I take a $1 loss per share instead of a $10 loss per share in net tax penalty.

Well you have no clue of economics, the stock market, capital gains and outsourcing/offshoring.

You will not be getting back at Walmart by taxing Joe Individual to death.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:

OR I'd go to the shareholders meeting and say don't buy back any stock pay the foreign workers US minimum wage or higher instead.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Well you have no clue of economics, the stock market, capital gains and outsourcing/offshoring.

You will not be getting back at Walmart by taxing Joe Individual to death.
The CEOs get paid in capital gains. They get stock options. I'm getting back at the CEO. I'm taking his pay.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
So the poor mutual fund owner is SOL then because they don't pick and choose their companies.
You're cutting off your nose to spite your face in thinking you're getting back at those corporations.
You want to penalize individuals for investing in companies in hopes that they can make some money in a stagnant economy.
If it was up to me, Wall Street would be shut down temporarily and a clean sweep performed and you would see a LOT of prices drop in this country.

From Housing to College Loans to Car Prices to Health Care and so on.

The Least we could do is BOOT out all Banking Lobbyists out of DC

They are a LEECH where their main objective is to take from the productive and give to the non productive all for shuffling paper rather than provide a financial service to this country as they once did.

Every where I look, the Big Wall Street Banks have their Fangs in everything in order to squeeze more out of the people.

The Next Massive Bailout: Student Loans - TIME
The Next Massive Bailout: Student Loans

Student-Loan Securities Stay Hot - WSJ
Student-Loan Securities Stay Hot

Quote:
Student loans are souring at a growing rate—and investors can't seem to get enough.

SLM Corp., the largest U.S. student lender, last week sold $1.1 billion of securities backed by private student loans. Demand for the riskiest bunch—those that will lose money first if the loans go bad—was 15 times greater than the supply, people familiar with the deal said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies